Half Minute Hero 2 Western Release Confirmed

StewShearerOld

Geekdad News Writer
Jan 5, 2013
Half Minute Hero 2 Western Release Confirmed

Fans of speedy RPGs will soon be able to enjoy another slice of Half Minute Hero.

Half Minute Hero is arguably one of the most clever send ups of role-playing games ever made. While it boasted multiple play modes, the game's centerpiece was a campaign that boiled JRPG mechanics down to their most basic state and then compressed them into miniature role-playing games lasting 30 seconds (sort of) a piece. Put shortly, it was fast-paced, addictive and earned itself a dedicated fanbase hungry for more of its quirky content.

Unfortunately, while a sequel would release in Japan in 2011, it seemed like North American fans were doomed to miss out. Thankfully, it would seem, even when it takes three years, good things do sometimes come to those who wait. Marvelous Entertainment has confirmed that it will be bring Half Minute Hero 2 west.

The confirmation came <a href=https://www.facebook.com/officialhalfminutehero/photos/a.529672710382014.141409.461639583851994/843466345669314/?type=1&theater>via Facebook where the publisher posted a blurred out release date. While the exact day is difficult to discern, the month and year are fairly visible and would seem to point to an April 2014 launch. This release date was put out shortly after a trailer showing off an English version of the game.

Marvelous, of course, has previously teased its intention to bring Half Minute Hero 2 to North America. That being the case, the fact that the game has actually been confirmed for a release on our shores is just flat-out exciting. Granted, current reports are pointing to the sequel only receiving a Steam release. That said, when you consider that western fans have been waiting three years for any release, a part of us thinks they'll just be happy to get the game at all.

Source: <a href=http://kotaku.com/looks-like-half-minute-hero-2-is-coming-west-1552134211>Kotaku

Leemaster777

Feb 25, 2010

Alright, this is awesome. Half-Minute Hero is one of the best come-out-of-nowhere games I can remember playing, one of my favorite RPGs ever, and easily one of the biggest reasons to own a PSP. I'm so glad I'll finally be able to play the sequel.

Would have preferred to get it on a mobile platform, but I'll take what I can get.

NuclearKangaroo

Feb 7, 2014
welp steam release is better than nothing fellas

maybe i should get around getting the first game sometime, is on steam as well

Jan 27, 2011
*GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!*

half minute hero 2?

HALF MINUTE HERO 2?!?!?! :eek:

Oh please let this be coming to PC or 3DS. I will pick it up in a half minute no questions asked! I LOVED the hell out of the first game! :D

EDIT: Derp, it says it's getting a steam release. XD I should read more carefully.

Ham Blitz

May 28, 2009
Man, I never really considered getting the first one of those but after watching that video I suddenly want to

Leemaster777

Feb 25, 2010
Ham Blitz said:
Man, I never really considered getting the first one of those but after watching that video I suddenly want to
Do it. Doitdoitdoitdoit. Half-Minute Hero is one of the most unique games I've played in quite some time. Well worth your time to seek it out.

Piece of advice, though: Make sure whatever version you get has the option to play with 8-bit visuals, like the video. It's really how the game SHOULD be played.

Lvl 64 Klutz

Crowsplosion!
Apr 8, 2008
That reminds me I need to buy the first game again on my Xbox, since the PC version is no longer working properly for me.

Ham Blitz

May 28, 2009
Leemaster777 said:
Ham Blitz said:
Do it. Doitdoitdoitdoit. Half-Minute Hero is one of the most unique games I've played in quite some time. Well worth your time to seek it out.

Piece of advice, though: Make sure whatever version you get has the option to play with 8-bit visuals, like the video. It's really how the game SHOULD be played.
Your rapid "doit"'s almost seem appropriate given the game's pace (or what it seems). I might try it with the non 8-bit graphics first just 'cause I do kind of like the cartoony styling.
I will get it, though I will have to think on when since I did just get Dark Souls 2 last week and Pixel Piracy the week before that(Though I haven't touched the PP in a week).
My captcha was "kick back and relax", which again, seems like the opposite of the game... that I will get... soon... possibly when I get home depending on how I feel

FYI I Am Some Guy

Aug 24, 2010
Ham Blitz said:
Your rapid "doit"'s almost seem appropriate given the game's pace (or what it seems). I might try it with the non 8-bit graphics first just 'cause I do kind of like the cartoony styling.
There's a biiit more to it than that. Basically, there are these alternate game modes, and with the retro graphics they play completely different to the main mode, and they are awesome. With the cartoon graphics, they're changed into clones of the main mode that have way less content and such.