Are You a Console Commander or in the PC Master Race?

DrStrangelove

Apr 10, 2008
Are You a Console Commander or in the PC Master Race?

Win either a collector's edition of Diablo III: Reaper of Souls or a copy InFamous: Second Son. Choose wisely.

Update: This giveaway is now open to all users, foreign and domestic. That's right. You can enter. And you can enter. And YOU can enter! Everybody can enter!

March is an amazing month for videogame releases. We're seeing the release of the first expansion of Diablo III with Reaper of Souls and the latest installment in the InFamous series with InFamous: Second Son. These are two great games that could easily keep you busy for the foreseeable future, and we want you to experience one of these great games so we're giving away a copy of Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Collector's Edition (PC) and a copy of InFamous: Second Son (PS4).

The Diablo III expansion, Reaper of Souls, includes a fifth act and an Adventure Mode which will let players roam freely around the world collecting the shiniest loot imaginable. If that isn't enough for you, they're also adding a new character class: the Crusader. This all sounds way too good to be true, but wait! There's more. With the Collector's Edition you're also getting an in-game spectral hound to keep you company on your journey, a behind the scenes two-disc Blu-ray/DVD set, a hardcover book of art from the expansion, and freaking mouse pad. Schweet.

[lockerdome=6475566450754842]

Check out some photos of what's inside the Diablo III: RoS Collector's Edition here:

[gallery=2274]

If all that sounds like gibberish to you, you could also snag a copy InFamous: Second Son for the PS4. This time around you get to play as Delsin Rowe, a Native American that has absorbed the powers of a conduit. In Second Son you trade in your electrical hands - see InFamous and InFamous 2 - for some pretty fiery powers as you parkour your way through Sucker Punch's digital rendition of Seattle. When you're not jumping around like a maniac, you can basically turn into a smoke monster and make your way through a myriad of portals.

What this comes down to is the ultimate question - Are you part of the PC Master Race or one of the rogue Console Commanders? For those of you that sway towards the PC or Mac side, you'll be more interested in Diablo III: Reaper of Souls because, well, it's action RPG goodness is only available on a computer ... for now. Plus, it is a Blizzard Collector's Edition, and chock full of books, goodies and mousepads.

For those of you who consider your allegiance to lie with the consoles, we have InFamous: Second Son to sate your open-world superhero/villain desires.

Choose your allegiance. But choose WISELY, as it will determine which prize you receive if you are selected as the winner. PC or Console?

Make sure to get into the contest as soon as possible so you don't miss out! [http://lockerdome.com/6475565477676353/6475566450754842]

Follow us [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/133291-Follow-Us-on-Twitter-to-Win-Diablo-III-Reaper-of-Souls] in order to stay on top of everything gaming and to win prizes.

GundamSentinel

The leading man, who else?
Aug 23, 2009
As usual, only open to American residents. Not complaining, but just putting it out there so people don't get excited for nothing.

Edit: has been changed, knock yourselves out. :)

ScrabbitRabbit

Elite Member
Mar 27, 2012
GundamSentinel said:
As usual, only open to American residents. Not complaining, but just putting it out there so people don't get excited for nothing.
I do wish they'd be upfront with this instead of hiding it in the depths of the T&Cs.

I couldn't enter anyway; don't own a PS4 or the base Diablo III.

dangoball

Jun 20, 2011
GundamSentinel said:
Thank you. I presumed as such, but now I don't have to go digging for that piece of info.

ScrabbitRabbit said:
GundamSentinel said:
I do wish they'd be upfront with this instead of hiding it in the depths of the T&Cs.
Likewise.

Oh well, while I own D3, it's not like I have a good enough hardware OR internet connection at the dorm :p

Tactical Pause

Jan 6, 2010
Hm... I don't mean to step on anyone's toes, but I don't really agree with perpetuating the pointless, immature, and all-around harmful 'PC vs. Console' thing. In fact, I'd much prefer it if we didn't give any kind of credibility to those who actually take part in that regrettable conflict.

conmag9

Aug 4, 2008
RandV80 said:
Aww look, the peasants have made a cute little name for themselves!
*passes Rand a glass of finely aged wine* Indeed! Perhaps next they'll start building little hovels for themselves out of Dreamcasts and N-Gages! Owhohohohoho! Jeeves, another Wii-U for the fireplace, chop chop!

/Snooty Accent

Honestly, I'd be more interested in Second Son than Diablo, moderate PC preferences aside. It just looks more interesting to me.

SKBPinkie

Oct 6, 2013
Ugh, let's not make this into a PC vs. console thing, please? It's just as idiotic as one of those 10,000 feminism topics. This whole thing is just a contest to win one of two games, nothing more.

Also inb4 all the "lol peasant" garbage - I have both a PC and a PS4.

Somethingfake

Oct 22, 2008
Nice of you people at the escapist to make it utterly obvious that this giveaway is only open to the U.S. The limitation is right there, clear as anything, great job [ /sarcasm] T_T There's a world beyond American borders you know.

Neverhoodian

Apr 2, 2008
I'm a conscientious objector, thank you very much.

Maybe it's a side effect of growing older, but I just can't get hyped about either game. I'll sit this out and let someone else have a go at them.

I assume that the base game won't be included with the Reaper of Souls expansion? Seems kind of pointless for those that haven't bought Diablo III in the first place.

civatrix

Eetazeeb
Sep 23, 2010
Where are you getting US only? According to http://lockerdome.com/6475566450754842/rules (The official rules) and I quote "This Sweepstakes is open only to all international citiziens, who are 13 years of age or older at the time of entry". Sounds pretty international to me.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
What if I play on the console but want the Diablo III prize? Sigh...stupid Blizzard not releasing the expansion pack on the PS3.

Phrozenflame500

Dec 26, 2012
I'm a PC gamer but I'm fairly sure Infamous is probably going to be the better game if it's anywhere near as good as Infamous 2 was. I'm not a fan of Diablo 3.

GundamSentinel

The leading man, who else?
Aug 23, 2009
civatrix said:
Where are you getting US only? According to http://lockerdome.com/6475566450754842/rules (The official rules) and I quote "This Sweepstakes is open only to all international citiziens, who are 13 years of age or older at the time of entry". Sounds pretty international to me.
It has apparently been changed since. Might account for the typo.

Greg Tito

PR for Dungeons & Dragons
Sep 29, 2005
Yes, we adjusted the rules to make this open to all residents of the world. You may now enter with impunity!

Charli

Nov 23, 2008
Uff birthday coming up with no money, I sure would love that Diablo 3 expansion, so many games I want, no cash to buy with.

And my friends are urging me to come back and give D3 another shot.

Enter'd'durrd.

Apr 5, 2008
I'm using the option to login with my username/password, rather than either of the social network login options. However it refuses to accept my correct credentials. Keeps reporting "Wrong Username/Email or password". I know they're correct because I logged out of the site and back in again manually entering my information and it worked fine.

Any ideas?

PsiCoRe

Aug 20, 2012
Not that it matters since I'm not part of the master race (Americans it seems is the correct answer) but what's the point? Reaper of Souls has been out for 3 days... Anyone who wants it has it already (Myself included). Now if you'll excuse me, there's a pesky lion outside my front gate that I need to contend with.