Tom Clancy: Red Storm Rises

Robert Rath

Oct 8, 2010
Tom Clancy: Red Storm Rises

Critical Intel goes deep on the founding of Red Storm, turning on its head the notion that Tom Clancy was simply an investor disinterested in video games.

Read Full Article

bkd69

Nov 23, 2007
For my money, Clancy's most valuable contribution to gaming was helping to popularize Harpoon (for suitably scaled values of popular).

But then, I consider Warren Spector's most valuable contribution to gaming to be Toon, so I'm probably not the best judge of such things.

JonB

Don't Take Crap from Life
Sep 16, 2012
bkd69 said:
For my money, Clancy's most valuable contribution to gaming was helping to popularize Harpoon (for suitably scaled values of popular).

But then, I consider Warren Spector's most valuable contribution to gaming to be Toon, so I'm probably not the best judge of such things.
No, you're about on point in my book.

cerebus23

May 16, 2010
Execllent article thanks much for it, played hunt for red october on commodore 64, most of the ghost recon games, missed out on rainbow 6 at the time i think my pc would not run it period.

RIP Mr. Clancy the world is a much smaller place without you.

shiajun

Jun 12, 2008
Thank you Mr. Rath for this piece. I don't really play Tactical Shooters, but after all this I'm glad Mr. Clancy managed to carve out such legacy in the gaming medium.