Alien: Isolation Gets Release Date

MarlaDesat

Aug 22, 2013
Alien: Isolation Gets Release Date

Creative Assembly's first-person survival horror game will debut on October 7.

Creative Assembly announced a release date today for Alien: Isolation. The first-person survival horror game will be released on October 7, 2014. Drawing inspiration from the 1979 classic Alien, the game will star only a single Xenomorph stalking the player. Creative Assembly revealed Friday [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/133354-Alien-Isolation-Will-Have-Non-Alien-Enemies] that, in addition to the Xenomorph, the player will face non-alien enemies. Alien: Isolation will be available for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC.

"The reaction we have seen so far has been simply incredible, from the screams and shrieks to the cold sweats and racing hearts," says Alistair Hope, Creative Lead at Creative Assembly. "It's the Alien game that we've always wanted to play and we can't wait to let everyone get their hands on it this fall." In Alien: Isolation, you play Ellen Ripley's daughter, Amanda Ripley, fifteen years after the events of Alien. Jonathan Court, Senior Producer at Creative Assembly, spoke to The Examiner [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/133354-Alien-Isolation-Will-Have-Non-Alien-Enemies] about Alien: Isolation on March 28. "The game takes place on Sevastopol which is a large space station in the process of being decommissioned," says Court. "As such, the player's journey will take them through many locations and situations. The station is in complete chaos, systems are failing, there's an Alien loose and everyone is fighting to survive. This creates a rich environment with many obstacles for the player to overcome."

The Escapist Alien: Isolation gameplay [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/reviews/previews/10872-Alien-Isolation-Reveal-Preview?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=share&utm_campaign=all] at GDC for Escapist News Now. Early impressions of Alien: Isolation have us hopeful that the game will live up to its goal of capturing the fear and tension of the original Alien film. But honestly, after Colonial Marines, the bar for a good Alien game isn't too high.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
I could have sworn this game was going to be exclusive to next...well, the new current gen consoles. When the game was first announced it certainly looked like that's what CA was pitching anyway. Maybe I'll get this sooner on a current console instead of waiting until I get a new one.

The_Darkness

Nov 8, 2010
So... it's available for the X360.
Alien Isolation will be available on a platform that I own.

...And there goes my only excuse not to pick this up. Which is a real shame, considering I'd rather not be terrified into quivering madness. Does anyone know any way to make October 7th take longer to get here? Because I just know I'm not going to be able to resist this game...

Shadow-Phoenix

Mar 22, 2010
Shame it's not ever going to be on the Wii U (inb4 incoming various reasons) since there's quite a few Nintendo fans that would love this game on their platform of choice, I mean it's on everything but the Wii U.

Can't say I'm going to grab this though, not after watching A:CM and well it having one Xeno and the plot doesn't sell me on it's supposed wonders.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Shadow-Phoenix said:
Shame it's not ever going to be on the Wii U (inb4 incoming various reasons) since there's quite a few Nintendo fans that would love this game on their platform of choice, I mean it's on everything but the Wii U.

Can't say I'm going to grab this though, not after watching A:CM and well it having one Xeno and the plot doesn't sell me on it's supposed wonders.
Allow me to help you prevent the onslaught of "Won't be on the WiiU because (reasons) crowd" by going ahead and just posting this here to hopefully sum up all the various points:

OT: I'll likely end up picking it up for the XBone. Yeah, I'm not particularly thrilled about knowing that I'll eventually be getting an XBone, but all my online friends went with the Bone and I really don't feel like starting a friends list from scratch. Still can't afford one though, but I've got a birthday coming up so I'll likely get one then.

The only reason I'll be getting a next-gen console in the first place is because Arkham Knight is only going to be on next-gen consoles. *grumble-grumble*

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
Assuming this game lives up to the promise that it is selling (and things are leaning heavily toward 'it will'), I may be getting this on the PS4. I intend to get Arkham Knight, and I'm sure by the time this game rolls around there will be other games that I'm interested in. So I'm all see to experience this in all the atmosphere that the game should have. Bring it on!

Radoh

Bans for the Ban God~
Jun 10, 2010
Oh man, people are still marketing games for the Aliens franchise?
Creative Assembly must have huge balls to take that on.
Wait, Creative Assembly? The guys that make the Total War games? They are the ones who are making a first person survival horror game?
Hugest of balls.

Kameburger

Turtle king
Apr 7, 2012
I Donno but as an alien fan I'm super psyched to see this come out in the survival horror genre. Up until now developers have always treated this ip as an action title and even the good ones always seemed off... As a fan this is what I want, and it just seems sad how much skepticism, although admittedly well deserved, has been raised in the wake of colonial marines. Still I think it looks good and I'm pumped.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
uggghhh october....thats like a million years away

RJ 17 said:
[spoiler/][/spoiler]
I really like game theory but maaaaaan his delivery is grating

[quote/]Yeah, I'm not particularly thrilled about knowing that I'll eventually be getting an XBone, but all my online friends went with the Bone and I really don't feel like starting a friends list from scratch.
[/quote]

I know this might be inappropriate "PC mater race" preaching but that's one REALLY shitty thing about consoles, never mind the fact that the Xbone is the inferior console (arguably) but your kind of stuck with getting one if you want to play with your friends

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
i hope it will be good. gives me time to save up and prepare my self for either really good or really bad.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Vault101 said:
I share these sentiments. As I mentioned along with this game I'm eagerly looking forward to Arkham Knight which also comes out in October, so now the wait is doubly excruciating for me. xP

RJ 17 said:
[spoiler/][/spoiler]
Hehehe, I know he's made jokes about people not liking his voice/delivery, but personally I like it. And I can't get enough of that theme song. :3

[quote/]Yeah, I'm not particularly thrilled about knowing that I'll eventually be getting an XBone, but all my online friends went with the Bone and I really don't feel like starting a friends list from scratch.
I know this might be inappropriate "PC mater race" preaching but that's one REALLY shitty thing about consoles, never mind the fact that the Xbone is the inferior console (arguably) but your kind of stuck with getting one if you want to play with your friends[/quote]In all honesty, I'd gladly jump on board the PC Train, sadly the cost of getting a good gaming PC to start with kinda prevents me from buying a ticket. :(

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
After the bait-and-switch scam that was Aliens: Colonial Marines, Alien: Isolation needs to hit it out of the park in terms of quality and tone, since anyone with a working brain should be feeling at least skeptical.

Vault101 said:
[spoiler/][/spoiler]
^That.
He sounds like a total douchebag, but based on his responses to complaints about his delivery, I'm thinking that's intentional. But douchebag or not, he's made the same points I made when Nintendo started slipping down the drain.

(well, save for one: Nintendo has NEVER believed in "Cheap, affordable games". NES games debuted at $50 which was double the asking price of pre-crash Atari titles. And that's 50 bucks in 1984. Only by inflation did their games get cheaper.)

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
RJ 17 said:
Vault101 said:
]In all honesty, I'd gladly jump on board the PC Train, sadly the cost of getting a good gaming PC to start with kinda prevents me from buying a ticket. :(
Well that depends

It is possible to build a budget system for only slightly more than the cost if a console, yes that sounds intimidating (I didn't build my own) but its not quite as hard as it may seem, there are countless resources the most important being PC part picker where you can see what parts you need and how much they should cost and compatibility. It's important to know because if you go the second option (getting one built for you to your specifications, there has to be Some service rather online or a shop that will do that) then you'll know what you need and make sure you won't be ripped off

I'd stay the hell away from alien ware or pre builds unless you've got a rediculous amount of money to burn...which obviously you don't

Ultimately it may cost more initially and be a bit more work but the games will be cheaper, there are more of them (especially now) and you won't be stuck with a system that is the epitome of everything wrong with gaming, I mean come on...Ryse?

IMAGinES

Jun 1, 2009
If posts on the A:I official forums are correct, several stores in the States and Australia have broken the release date, putting the game on shelves three days early.

Which is going to be a royal pain for any PC purchasers whose games are still, as of this writing (past midnight on Monday, October 6th, Australian Eastern time), locked.