8 Absolute Must See Ron Perlman Movies

DrStrangelove

Apr 10, 2008
8 Absolute Must See Ron Perlman Movies

On this day in 2004 Hellboy was released. To celebrate its release we give you eight great films that feature Ron Perlman, the actor behind Hellboy.

Read Full Article

PedroSteckecilo

Mexican Fugitive
Feb 7, 2008
Gonna call you out on Blade 2... that was NOT the first time Perlman worked with Guillermo Del Toro, he was a main villain in Del Toro's little known vampire movie "Cronos" in 1993 which was also incidentally Del Toro's first feature film so he and Perlman have been working together since the beginning.

DrStrangelove

Apr 10, 2008
PedroSteckecilo said:
Gonna call you out on Blade 2... that was NOT the first time Perlman worked with Guillermo Del Toro, he was a main villain in Del Toro's little known vampire movie "Cronos" in 1993 which was also incidentally Del Toro's first feature film so he and Perlman have been working together since the beginning.
Thank you for the keen eye. It's been corrected with credit.

s_h_a_d_o

Mr Propellerhead
Jun 15, 2010
PedroSteckecilo said:
I was about to ask why Cronos had not been included. :|

DrStrangelove

Apr 10, 2008
s_h_a_d_o said:
PedroSteckecilo said:
It was between Cronos and Police Academy: Mission To Moscow and we went with the better film.

PedroSteckecilo

Mexican Fugitive
Feb 7, 2008
s_h_a_d_o said:
PedroSteckecilo said:
Cronos is kind of a weird movie...interesting and very indicative of Del Toro's Style... but very strange none the less. Still... I can't say I've ever seen another film with such a strange and interesting take on "vampires".

octafish

Apr 23, 2010
One says a hell of a lot in City of Lost Children for a mute. Try Russian strong-man and you'd be correct. Perlman learnt his lines phonetically so his French would have a Russian accent.

Sigh. No Cronos, no Enemy at the Gate, One is now mute, these lists are made of fail. You had the chance to tell people to see Ice Pirates for goodness sake, what a waste.

Xan Krieger

Completely insane
Feb 11, 2009
I was expecting the Mutant Chronicles to be on the list, http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0490181/
I really enjoy that movie and if you like Ron Pearlman it's a must see.

Sep 14, 2009
octafish said:
One says a hell of a lot in City of Lost Children for a mute. Try Russian strong-man and you'd be correct. Perlman learnt his lines phonetically so his French would have a Russian accent.

Sigh. No Cronos, no Enemy at the Gate, One is now mute, these lists are made of fail. You had the chance to tell people to see Ice Pirates for goodness sake, what a waste.
ah agreed, enemy at the gate and ice pirates, I was banking on those being on here.

I wish there was an honorable mention in tv for his voice work as slade wilson, my goodness, I can't think of slade without thinking of his voice now, such good stuff, he dragged that character to glory.

Triaed

Not Gone Gonzo
Jan 16, 2009
I came here to say "What about Cronos?!" but I am happy to find myself in such a good company :)

SecondPrize

Mar 12, 2012
I'm a little confused by this. Singling out just 8 Ron Perlman movies suggests that they all are not must see. This isn't really your contention, is it?

Cerebrawl

Feb 19, 2014
He's got support roles in other good movies as well.

For example The Name of the Rose (with Sean Connery as the lead), and of course the genre-bending sci-fi viking movie Outlander.

But really he's done so many roles, truly a prolific actor.

And gaming related: He narrated the Fallout series.