Diablo III Offers 50% Bonus XP This Weekend

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Diablo III Offers 50% Bonus XP This Weekend

The bonus XP period begins in the Americas region tonight, April 4 at 5:00 pm PDT and ends on Monday, April 7 at 5:00 am PDT.

We know that quite a lot of you bought Diablo III: Reaper of Souls [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/133487-Diablo-III-Reaper-of-Souls-Sells-2-7-Million-Copies-in-Its-First-Week], so you may be excited to know that Blizzard is offering up +50% bonus XP this weekend. his bonus XP period begins in the Americas region tonight, April 4 at 5:00 pm PDT and ends on Monday, April 7 at 5:00 am PDT. The bonus will apply to all Diablo III players - even those who do not own the Reaper of Souls expansion.

Over 1.5 million players around the world have stopped Death since Reaper of Souls launched last Tuesday, March 25. To celebrate this achievement and help support your ongoing crusade against the forces of evil, all nephalem who log into Diablo III this weekend will receive a +50% bonus to XP!

bonus XP for Diablo III in the past [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4J9zglVy3KQ], both on its one year birthday, and during the lead up to Reaper of Souls' release date.

As an additional bonus, for those of you that haven't been checking Blizzard's hotfix page [http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12032813274], several legendary drop rate hotfixes have been implemented over the last week, including:
There is now an additional bonus 25% chance to find a Legendary item while in a Nephalem Rift.
The chance for a player to earn a Legendary item from Kadala has been significantly increased.
The drop rate for Legendary items in Torment 1-6 has been increased.

Source: Blizzard [http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/13645407/reaper-of-weekends-50-bonus-xp-this-friday-thru-monday-4-4-2014]

Eric the Orange

Gone Gonzo
Apr 29, 2008
I gotta ask. Steve are you the "Diablo guy"? I ask because like half your news articles are about diablo 3.

....oh and *ahem* , "Still not gonna buy it because it's always online". had to get that out of the way.

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Eric the Orange said:
I gotta ask. Steve are you the "Diablo guy"? I ask because like half your news articles are about diablo 3.

....oh and *ahem* , "Still not gonna buy it because it's always online". had to get that out of the way.
I'm playing A LOT of Diablo III these days...

Ferisar

Oct 2, 2010
I bet that this 5o% XP bonus isn't for always offline players.

Because there are none

Fucking Blizzard.

And their internet.

Assholes.

Back to bumming off Starbucks without buying anything from there while being at the next-door yarn shop to write this. HA. TAKE THAT EVERYONE.

CAPTCHA: long diversion

YEAH WELL SCREW YOU CAPTCHA. IT DIDN'T TAKE THAT MUCH EFFORT.

BanicRhys

May 31, 2011
In my opinion, the legendary drop rate is starting to get a little bit too high. Just this morning, I got seven legendaries (only one an upgrade) from one act worth of bounties and two rifts at Torment 2.

I would complain about the online requirement but the 'issue' is two years old and I have a constant 30ms ping, so hah.

shirkbot

Apr 15, 2013
BanicRhys said:
In my opinion, the legendary drop rate is starting to get a little bit too high. Just this morning, I got seven legendaries (only one an upgrade) from one act worth of bounties and two rifts at Torment 2.

I would complain about the online requirement but the 'issue' is two years old and I have a constant 30ms ping, so hah.
Congrats on not being personally impacted and thus being able to ignore the larger implications of allowing a major game publisher to limit the functionality of their product. Sorry, I'm still kind of bitter about the whole thing even two years on, but am happy to see an ever-decreasing interest in following this particular "design." I'm honestly curious to see what does happen several years down the line when they finally decide to shut down the servers...

OT: When did Diablo III go free to play? I know they're doing it to help people get into the expansion more easily, but it still seems oddly out of place, considering the franchise.

Kinitawowi

Nov 21, 2012
Oh bloody hell, I'm already levelling up far faster than my gear as it is - I reached Uzrael at Lv69 with barely an upgrade from legacy to show for it.

Still, it'll make Paragon grinding easier, I guess...

Elijin

Elite Muppet
Legacy
Feb 15, 2009
I've never understood why these games dont do double xp every weeked. Or at least every other weekend. Its the weekend, fight for our attention dangnabit!

suitepee7

I can smell sausage rolls
Dec 6, 2010
shirkbot said:
OT: When did Diablo III go free to play? I know they're doing it to help people get into the expansion more easily, but it still seems oddly out of place, considering the franchise.
it hasn't? it has a trial mode, all new blizzard games have that now though, usually about 6-12 months after the release of the game.

OT: why are they always XP weekends... i work weekends. although i'm happier that they boosted the legendary drop rate in rifts and nerfed the chest runs. it was stupid having the best way to gear being the way that killed no enemies.

pokkuti

Feb 14, 2008
Kinitawowi said:
Oh bloody hell, I'm already levelling up far faster than my gear as it is - I reached Uzrael at Lv69 with barely an upgrade from legacy to show for it.

You might want to lower your difficulty to Master. I've made the same mistake playing on Torment and level up too fast my LV60 gear became obsolete so quick.

JSoup

Jun 14, 2012
I like that my client never tells me this crap in the news section. Should be displayed prominently.

shintakie10

Sep 3, 2008
Kinitawowi said:

Try crafting. I ended up making a weapon that was a 30% dps increase from my legacy chantodo's at level 66. Only downside is you need deaths breath which isn't super duper abundant.

Kungfu_Teddybear

Legacy
Jan 17, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
Steven Bogos said:
The chance for a player to earn a Legendary item from Kadala has been significantly increased.
Good. I've spent about 250 Blood Shards on her and she's given me nothing but crap to be vendored/salvaged. Haven't had one upgrade from her.

otakon17

Jun 21, 2010
BanicRhys said:

Yeah, I picked up the game recently and my connection is top-notch. I've been completely disconnected once now(while the latency indicator was green) and have had several occasions where the game will just freeze up during combat(while the latency is still in the green), framerate drops(even with the settings pared down to prevent that, my machine isn't that wimpy) and just random latency drops for no reason while my connection tests at <20 ping, 100mbps/d, 10mbps/up in the nearest Blizzard server location I could find out about(New York, I'm in Maryland).

They need to get rid of the always online bullshit, it's that simple. Having issues and can't play multiplayer, fine. But when I need internet to play single player PRIVATE GAMES then it's just fucking pedantic.

OT: I've been enjoying the extra experience(when I can get the damn thing running without hiccups).

Smertnik

Apr 5, 2010
BanicRhys said:
Without any kind of trading options a reasonably high drop rate is pretty much needed. While there're surely a lot of legendary drops now only a small portion of them is actually any good. And if you want to get a whole set you'd still have to farm for hundreds upon hundreds of hours. Not to forget that you also need a great deal of legendary crafting materials for crafting and enchanting.