Mediocrity Scrolls Online

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Saw the punchline coming by the 2nd panel, still got a good laugh out of it. If that is indeed how TES:O plays, then yes, I would have to say it does indeed give an authentic TES experience.

That's also why I had absolutely no desire to get the game. Paying once for a TES game is fine enough, continuing to pay for one over and over would just be silly if you ask me.

shadowxvii

Jan 9, 2013
Played the beta of TES:O and the thing that I hated the most about the game was the other players... So I guess I'll just stick to Skyrim.

Headsprouter

Monster Befriender
Legacy
Nov 19, 2010
The cuteness ends, I see...anyhoo, I'd only agree with one of those things.

I sure hope TES: VI still happens.

Hazy992

Why does this place still exist
Aug 1, 2010
And if you buy this on Xbox One you'll also have to pay a subscription for Xbox Live. So at that point you're paying for the game, paying the subscription, paying for Xbox Live, all for a game with microtransactions.

Brilliant ¬_¬

Daystar Clarion said:
*****, you can't have my space money, I need it for space hookers and space blow.
***** please, you can't afford no space hookers. Get outta here!

Chemical123

May 2, 2013
Unless ESO gives me BJs and pudding it is not worth upfront price and 15$ subscription. Where I live brand new AAA games cost 30$ top, and I can easily get slightly older AAA games every month for that much. Besides, I still have to try out a few more mods in SKYRIM>

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Good to see Erin talk about "floaty" combat. I feel this is a more authentic gaming comic now.

>.>

Also, it's not an authentic TES experience until you have 50,000 people simultaneously screaming about the power of mods because the game itself is apparently ass but mods are the sweet elixer or life.

Jandau

Smug Platypus
Dec 19, 2008
The worst thing about ES:O is that while it's active, you won't see a new "proper" Elder Scrolls game. Yeah, let that sink in. For the next 5-10 years (or more), there will be no new Elder Scrolls. Have fun :)

JarinArenos

Jan 31, 2012
Jandau said:
The worst thing about ES:O is that while it's active, you won't see a new "proper" Elder Scrolls game. Yeah, let that sink in. For the next 5-10 years (or more), there will be no new Elder Scrolls. Have fun :)
Optimistic timeline. I give it a year.

Ed130 The Vanguard

(Insert witty quote here)
Sep 10, 2008
Jandau said:
Urgh, lets hope it dies by years end then.

IFS

Mar 5, 2012
Jandau said:
Except it was developed/worked on by a different group than the one that works on the core ES games, and has also been declared noncanon in ES lore, so I doubt it will have much of an impact, if any, on the single player ES releases.

FYI I Am Some Guy

Aug 24, 2010
Don't worry guys, the combat has hotbar abilities now. That's surely an improvement over Skyrim's one-button-per-weapon combat system, right?
...Right?

Gorrath

Feb 22, 2013
Jasper van Heycop said:
Jandau said:
Yeah no, when this thing goes F2P in a few months, Bethesda'll start thinking about the cash they were raking in with Skyrim.
I've speculated before that the whole purpose of the in game cash shop is to make the inevitable transfer to F2P easier since the backbone of the system is already in place. I do hope they long for Skyrim money though. I swoon for another TES.

Mirrorknight

Jul 23, 2009
Jandau said:
Um...what? ES:O was made by a different company then Bethesda, and is set a good 2000 years or so before Skyrim, probably to avoid the situation you stated above.

Anyway. I think Zenimax misunderstood when some people said they wanted multiplayer in a ES game. See, I wouldn't mind if there was an option for some. It would be kinda cool to be able mess around Tamriel with -a good buddy or two occasionally-. The last thing I want in it is having to deal with 1000s of random jackholes.

rembrandtqeinstein

Sep 4, 2009
meh, I'll check it out after a couple of years

based on bethesda's track record thats how long it will take for the dlc to come out that makes the game good, and for the community to make mods to fix all of their boneheaded decisions regarding interface and game balance

oh wait this is an mmo so no balance mods.....guess I'll just watch lets plays and not bother

Crazy Zaul

Oct 5, 2010
I was watching them on Twitch and was surprised when Grey said he didn't like it, then I released the stream was called 'Grey suffers through more of this terrible bullshit'.