LEGO Artist Creates Transforming Game Boy Advance

roseofbattle

News Room Contributor
Apr 18, 2011
LEGO Artist Creates Transforming Game Boy Advance

You can build a transforming Game Boy Advance transformer of your own with artist Baron von Brunk's Instructables tutorial.

Multimedia artist Julius Brunk, also known as Baron von Brunk, built his latest LEGOformer in his most popular series - a crossover of Nintendo and Transformers. Made out of LEGOs, the robot, named "Vantage," transforms into a Nintendo Game Boy Advance.

Brunk is a New York City-based artist whose projects include LEGO-related work, paintings, tattoo designs, and vector illustrations. Much of his LEGO work is available for viewing on his transforming Nintendo 64 and controller [http://vonbrunk.tumblr.com/] for the Instructables Toy Block summer 2013 contest.

[gallery=2312]

Vantage is the latest in the series and is armed with battery blasters and parody "Boom" automatic shotgun. The shotgun transforms into a game cartridge renamed from Doom. "I spent several days trying to make one that looks like an actual gun as well as having the ability to be held by the robot as a weapon," Brunk said on his site. "I chose Doom because that was my favorite GBA game I played in high school back in 2002."

Brunk noted that this design is his first of his LEGOformers to be entirely designed on a computer; his previous designs were designed "organically" from trial-and-error rebuilds of relevant pieces. In this case, he designed Vantage before building it.

Brunk released a tutorial on Instructables [http://www.instructables.com/id/Transforming-LEGO-Game-Boy-Advance-Vantage/] for any inspiring LEGO artists to build their own. He points out that anyone planning on matching his colors for the iconic dark purple scheme will have to shell out a lot of money for those rare LEGO pieces.

Source: Baron von Brunk [http://vonbrunk.tumblr.com/post/82039610587/vantage-lego-game-boy-advance-transformer-by]

Fijiman

I am THE PANTS!
Legacy
Dec 1, 2011
That is one of the most awesome things I have seen in a while and I love it.

Hairless Mammoth

Jan 23, 2013
Neat. I'd go back to making Lego models like this if I had the time and display shelf space.

"He points out that anyone planning on matching his colors for the iconic dark purple scheme will have to shell out a lot of money for those rare LEGO pieces." Pff. Anyone going into this to make an off color but otherwise exact copy is already shelling out the dough. I see those ball and socket Bionicle limbs and a few other rare pieces. I see pastel blues greens and oranges, too. You're either cannibalizing several sets(whether they're put together or not makes no difference) to get the special parts or ordering the hard to find pieces. You actually might as well order it all in uniform color.

Anyone want to price this out? I don't have the time and it brings tears of sorrow to my eyes to see all those licensed sets on the Lego site.(Lone Ranger? Why?)

Oct 20, 2010
V4Viewtiful said:
Soundwaves cousin, i'd like to build one.
Damn! Beat me to it. If you can somehow make the cartridge into Rumble, Frenzy, Lazerbeak or Ravage, I will forever forsake the Spaghetti monster in your favor as the one true Almighty.

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
SilverStuddedSquirre said:
V4Viewtiful said:
Soundwaves cousin, i'd like to build one.
Damn! Beat me to it. If you can somehow make the cartridge into Rumble, Frenzy, Lazerbeak or Ravage, I will forever forsake the Spaghetti monster in your favor as the one true Almighty.
Rumble and Frenzy could be pokemons blue and red! xD

Buzzsaw out of Yellow xD