Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Finale Will Feature a Very Special Guest

Cognimancer

Imperial Intelligence
Jun 13, 2012
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Finale Will Feature a Very Special Guest

Coulson and the other Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. are going to have a run-in with someone very interesting when Season 1 wraps up.

Alright, first off, spoiler warning: we're talking about the season finale of Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., so turn back now if you want to be surprised. No spoilers for The Winter Soldier though.

Agent Coulson and the rest of the gang are headed for an encounter with a familiar face, it seems. The show is currently about eight layers deep in conspiracies and intrigue, and certain events from Captain America: The Winter Soldier are going to shake things up even further very soon. There's no telling which direction the plot will go just yet, but we've learned that the season's finale episode will probably resolve at least one of the show's big mysteries: what exactly is going on with Nick Fury.

Samuel L. Jackson confirmed that he would appear in the finale when asked if he would make another cameo in the show. "I did! Last week! I just shot the end-of-the-season show," Jackson said. He wouldn't spill any details, though - not when there could be Marvel snipers watching him at any moment [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PnF7Kez7Mc]. "You're trying to get me fired and killed!" he said when pressed for more information. "I don't talk about Marvel's business. None of us do."

Jackson appeared in the stinger of the show's second episode, but that was before... well, let's just say a lot has happened since then, and his next appearance probably won't be so light-hearted. There's still plenty of time before the finale airs, though, so keep an eye on the Agents - knowing this show, Fury's part in all this won't play out the way you might expect.

Source: Vulture [http://www.vulture.com/2014/04/jackson-on-agents-of-shield-finale.html]

Remus

Reprogrammed Spambot
Nov 24, 2012
I half-expected this after seeing the most recent episode, and Winter Soldier. I really couldn't see Patton Oswalt carrying the team as their primary source of leadership above Coulson. So no surprise. But will he be sans-patch? If so, ewww.

faefrost

Jun 2, 2010
Remus said:
I half-expected this after seeing the most recent episode, and Winter Soldier. I really couldn't see Patton Oswalt carrying the team as their primary source of leadership above Coulson. So no surprise. But will he be sans-patch? If so, ewww.
LOL yeah about the eyepatch
At the end of Winter Soldier he is basically Samuel L Jackson playing Nick Fury who is disguised as and playing Samuel L Jackson. It's like a pure Zen moment.

Anachronism

Apr 9, 2009
Has Agents of SHIELD actually become worth watching yet? I gave up on it after the winter hiatus.

It was funny, when I went to see Winter Soldier with a friend of mine, I started speaking to him, paused, then restarted my sentence. What I ended up saying was: "I was going to say I'm interested to see how Agents of SHIELD ties into this, but now that I think about it, I'm actually really not."

Here's hoping the Netflix shows do better. I'm really hoping for the Punisher in Netflix Phase 2.

ProtoChimp

Feb 8, 2010
Is there a reason for me to pay attention to this show? I don't want to feel forced to watch this show to understand the fucking lore of the world in case I'm missing something important, like what happens thousands of times in comics with "Oh I need to read this supposedly totally unrelated comic in order to understand the one I'm currently reading" bullshit.

And this show bored me shitless after 4 episodes anyway, I'm surprised I stuck with it pat 1.

Makabriel

May 13, 2013
You don't -have- to do anything. But the show does a wonderful job in coloring in the details that the movies don't have time to. May times during Winter Soldier I went "So that's why that's happening!".

The show is a great series. I'm glad I've watched them all. Too many people went in with certain expectations and threw a fit when they didn't match them. It's great at tying things together and you find there was a purpose behind each and every episode.

TiberiusEsuriens

Jun 24, 2010
Anachronism said:
Has Agents of SHIELD actually become worth watching yet? I gave up on it after the winter hiatus.
The first half of the season is all just exposition and character description. The "Uprising" story arc that is pretty much a result of Captain Soldier: Winter America is only one or two eps in but it's a HUGE leap into the right direction. They're finally starting to reuse bad guys they created forever ago and the characters have stopped singing Kumbaya.

My wife has thought about getting back into the show herself but my advice to her was, "if you're really hesitant, let the season wrap up first so you can just plow through the good half."