Hearthstone iPad Version Rolls Out Worldwide

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Hearthstone iPad Version Rolls Out Worldwide

iPhone and Android versions of Hearthstone are planned for later this year.

Earlier in the month, Blizzard announced that Hearthstone, it's tremendously popular free-to-play card game, was coming to iPad [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/133456-Hearthstone-is-Now-on-iPad], albeit, just for Canadians, Australians, and New Zealanders, at first. Now, the game's "soft launch" is complete, and it is available in all regions around the world.

"Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft has arrived on the Apple® iPad®! Now you can enjoy all of the game's epic card-slinging and deck-building action on the go on these supported iPad devices: iPad Air™, iPad 4th generation, iPad 3rd generation, iPad 2, iPad mini™, and iPad mini with Retina® display. Duel a friend at home, at the airport, at work (we promise we won't tell), or anywhere that you can connect to the Internet."

The trailer to the right accompanied the release announcement, and shows off the game being played on Apple's tablet. Your card collection and progress are shared across any device used to access your Hearthstone. account, so any cards you've collected will be waiting for you when you launch Hearthstone from the iPad. Playing through a game on the iPad version will automatically award a free bonus booster pack

Blizzard announced in November that it plans to release iPhone and Android versions of the game later this year - so you'll still be able to join in on the mobile Hearthstone fun if you're not an Apple guy.

Blizzard also recently announced a singleplayer adventure mode [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/133656-Hearthstone-Reveals-Single-Player-Adventure-Mode] for the game, though did not offer a release date.

Source: Blizzard [http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/blog/13474638/hearthstone%E2%84%A2-now-available-on-ipad%C2%AE-4-16-2014]

Drummodino

Can't Stop the Bop
Jan 2, 2011
Sharonturn123 said:
I can't wait for an android mobile version. Hope there will be one.
There will be. I'm also awaiting it eagerly, will be a great way to kill time between classes at uni.

Sharonturn123

Mar 22, 2014
Drummodino said:
Sharonturn123 said:
I can't wait for an android mobile version. Hope there will be one.
There will be. I'm also awaiting it eagerly, will be a great way to kill time between classes at uni.

I also personally have a love and hate relationship with hearthstone. When I'm on my pc there are so many better games to play but when I'm alone and on my phone it would be the best game ever to play it.

I just hope my xperia p will be able to run it.

Alfador_VII

Nov 2, 2009
I've played it on my iPad 2, and it feels great flicking the cards around, basically touch screen is the interface it should have had :) It looks fine, but is a little slow on the old iPad 2, apparently it runs much better on more recent devices.

There is an Android version in the works, no idea when it'll come out, but it should be good too.

antidonkey

Dec 10, 2009
I guess I'll have to slap this on mine when I get home. I'm glad that it'll shares account data as I'm sure I'll get the android version for my phone when it comes out. It'll just be that more of a shame when I eventually leave my current job and have to give the Ipad back to my employer.