MGS V: Ground Zeroes Exclusive DLC Available on All Platforms May 1

roseofbattle

News Room Contributor
Apr 18, 2011
MGS V: Ground Zeroes Exclusive DLC Available on All Platforms May 1

Previously Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes had different DLC exclusive to the PS4 and PS3 or Xbox One and Xbox 360.

A May 1 update to Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes will unlock previously platform-exclusive DLC, Konami announced. The free update will give PS3 and PS4 users access to the exclusive content on the Xbox One and Xbox 360 editions, and vice versa.

The Sony-exclusive content was the Metal Gear Solid 1 "Déja-Vu Mission" in which players recreate iconic moments from the first 3D entry of the series from 1998. Players can enable a flashback system to reproduce the older visual style of Metal Gear Solid. The mission also introduces familiar enemies and weather conditions.

Players with an Xbox One or Xbox 360 instead had access to the "Jamais-Vu Mission," which set Raiden of Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance within the environment of Ground Zeroes. Raiden must investigat an alien incursion and confirm their presence. The "Snatchers" are disguised as camp guards. By using Raiden's binoculars, players can view an X-Ray of the guards, indicating they are inhuman.

Previously, this content could only be unlocked on the platform it released on through collection of all XOF patches hidden around the Camp Omega open world of Ground Zeroes.

The update will also improve display items and menu aberration, Konami stated.

Source: Gamasutra [http://www.gamasutra.com/view/pressreleases/216244/KONAMI_Announces_New_Update_Coming_Next_Week_for_METAL_GEARSOLID_V_GROUND_ZEROES.php]

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
Wow. Unsurprisingly, the xbox started with the crappiest of the two choices. Oh wait, i read that wrong! Is this a free update or paid for dlc?

Li Mu

Oct 17, 2011
Wait...I think maybe I've misunderstood, but is it saying that with the Déja-Vu Mission I can recreate PS1 graphics on the PS4? And this is considered a good thing?
How about being able to play MGS1 with PS4 graphics? That sounds better to me.

Bindal

May 14, 2012
Li Mu said:
Wait...I think maybe I've misunderstood, but is it saying that with the Déja-Vu Mission I can recreate PS1 graphics on the PS4? And this is considered a good thing?
I think you can toggle it.

The article states "Players can enable a flashback system to reproduce the older visual style of Metal Gear Solid" meaning to me, the MGSV-graphics are also an option.

Rawbeard said:
DLC for a demo of a game. Well, at least it expands the gametime somewhat.
Except it is a full game. It's not a long game (average of 6 hours or so for all the content), but it also doesn't cost full price either.

Z of the Na'vi

Born with one kidney.
Apr 27, 2009
Xsjadoblayde said:
Wow. Unsurprisingly, the xbox started with the crappiest of the two choices. Oh wait, i read that wrong! Is this a free update or paid for dlc?
roseofbattle said:
A May 1 update to Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes will unlock previously platform-exclusive DLC, Konami announced. The free update will give PS3 and PS4 users access to the exclusive content on the Xbox One and Xbox 360 editions, and vice versa.
It says it right there.

On that note, did you just call the "Jamais Vu" mission crappy? I'll have you know that Jamais Vu is one of the better missions in the game, thank you very much.

Z of the Na'vi

Born with one kidney.
Apr 27, 2009
Li Mu said:
You've completely missed the point.

Once you beat the "Deja-Vu" mission you can unlock the blocky PS1-era Solid Snake as an alternate outfit for Big Boss. It also changes the guards on and around Camp Omega to be blocky representations of the soldiers from Shadow Moses ala MGS1. If you beat said mission on Hard Mode, you unlock another PS1-era skin for Big Boss, this time as PS1-era Frank Jaeger, AKA: Grey Fox.

It's supposed to look dated and blocky as a homage to MGS1 as well as a joke. It doesn't change any other graphics in Ground Zeroes other than Big Boss and the guards. Everything else stays the same.

Z of the Na'vi

Born with one kidney.
Apr 27, 2009
Rawbeard said:
...and a damn fine "demo" (as you put it) it is. I've logged at least 20 hours into Ground Zeroes and am still finding new things to try and do.

The main story mission is, in my opinion, the least impressive of the lot. I have much more fun with the other side missions, experimenting with ways to go about completing them. Especially the "Jamais Vu" mission where you can play as Raiden from Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
Z of the Na said:
Xsjadoblayde said:
roseofbattle said:
It says it right there.

On that note, did you just call the "Jamais Vu" mission crappy? I'll have you know that Jamais Vu is one of the better missions in the game, thank you very much.
Sorry, no that's what i meant by reading it wrong. The option to graphically downgrade is a laughable exclusive. Subconsciously assumed that it would be lumped on the xbox.
Next time i shall not read so hastily!

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Add about 40 dollars more content and we'll talk.

Rawbeard said:
I can't wait for this to become standard.

Rawbeard

Jan 28, 2010
Z of the Na said:
Rawbeard said:
...and a damn fine "demo" (as you put it) it is. I've logged at least 20 hours into Ground Zeroes and am still finding new things to try and do.
Didn't say it's a bad demo, but it is a demo for MGS5.

Quellist

Migratory coconut
Oct 7, 2010
Still a demo even with free DLC (that can barely be called content anyway). Still maybe worth a little popcorn while watching the Fanbois froth over the scraps Kojima brushes off his table to them...