Eddie Murphy Returns to Beverly Hills Cop Series

MovieBob

Dec 31, 2008
Eddie Murphy Returns to Beverly Hills Cop Series

Comedy icon will revive his starmaking action franchise

Another day, another comedy nostalgia property lurches back to life. It was only a few weeks ago that Robin Williams boarded Mrs. Doubtfire 2, a sequel to a popular comedy he'd ...-date-reboot-eddie-murphy/] [B]Permalink[/B]

ihavetwo

Mar 19, 2014
This means that Eddie will act like Eddie instead of whatever the hell was happening in After Earth?
10/10, 5 stars, best movie ever.

Keiichi Morisato

Nov 25, 2012
ihavetwo said:
This means that Eddie will act like Eddie instead of whatever the hell was happening in After Earth?
he didn't do After Earth... that was Will Smith...

ihavetwo

Mar 19, 2014
Keiichi Morisato said:
ihavetwo said:
Well shit.
I am just going to go kill my self now.
*Lights self on fire then throws self down the grand canyon*

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
could be either really good or really bad. to me, the original once are already good enough. still love the music and i hope they will use the same tune as well. thats iconic for the series.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4kWpi2HnPU

matrix3509

Sep 24, 2008
Begins reading: "Holy shit this is awesome! Beverly Hills Cop was awesome! Yes even the third one!"

Sees Brett Ratner: "Fuck."

nyysjan

Mar 12, 2010
didn't like the third, probably won't watch the 4th.
But first 2 Beverly Hills cops were awesome.

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
ihavetwo said:
Keiichi Morisato said:
ihavetwo said:
Well shit.
I am just going to go kill my self now.
*Lights self on fire then throws self down the grand canyon*
YOU'RE THE BURNT MAN!?!?!?!

OT: God no... Eddie, you made a couple of good films in the eighties, maybe one in the nineties, and everything you've done since has sucked. Just go and retire somewhere... please :)

[sub](Oh and take Adam Sandler with you, I may have "accidentally put a price on his head)[/sub]

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
I premoniscicise a terrible disaster will descend upon us. We must do all we can to survive the atrocities that approach us on the horizon.
May god help us all.

Aiddon_v1legacy

Nov 19, 2009
I remember hearing once that Murphy's career is like a roller coaster; during the early 80s he was AWESOME, coming off a great stint on SNL, funny as hell standup (though Raw is a misogynistic piece of shit), and comedy classics like Coming to America, Trading Places, and Beverly Hills Cop. Then he went downhill in the late 80s, early 90s before making a comeback in the mid-90s to early 2000s before going back down again. And this time he MIGHT not be coming back. Especially not with trying Beverly Hills Cop again with godawful hacks like the ones mentioned above.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Err honestly I don't think it will work, I mean what I liked about the Beverly Hill Cop film series was the 80's feel to it (light hearted and comedy).

Hairless Mammoth

Jan 23, 2013
Just like Mrs. Doubtfire, this seems like it's 15 years too late. Can't they just put Eddie Murphy in a movie that doesn't rely on nostalgia, fat suit tech, little alien Eddie Murphys piloting a big Eddie Murphy, or a modest comedy heist movie with him in a supporting role that was overhyped. Probably not, now that I think about it.

At this rate, just get James Earl Jones in lion fur and Arsenio Hall on board and make Coming to America 2: Saving McDowwel's.