Outlast: Whistleblower Review - A Crazy Little Thing

Jimothy Sterling

Apr 18, 2011
Outlast: Whistleblower Review - A Crazy Little Thing

A second excursion into Mount Massive Asylum brings us more story and even more gruesome encounters, though the new roster of loonies lacks the charm of the old.

Read Full Article

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
Haven't managed to complete the first one due the game being the scariest game i have played in a VERY long time. Once i complete it (probably in a few weeks...months...years...century's... O.O) i'll have to download this

PsychicTaco115

I've Been Having These Weird Dreams Lately...
Legacy
Mar 17, 2012
Country
United States
Bought it now, just have to wait until my history final is done to play!

Sorry that you lost 90 minutes of footage and whatnot, shit happens

Outlast 5ever though <3

CrimsonBlack

Mar 10, 2011
I'm confused Jim. Your article mentions a release of 6th April 2014. However, Steam has it released on 6th May 2014. Am I going crazy here?

WMDogma

Jul 28, 2009
CrimsonBlack said:
I'm confused Jim. Your article mentions a release of 6th April 2014. However, Steam has it released on 6th May 2014. Am I going crazy here?
Looks like that might be a bit of a typo. Thanks for pointing that out! I've corrected the error.

Mr C

May 8, 2008
I've been chewing at the bit for this, I have some pants that require punishment!

Daaaah Whoosh

Jun 23, 2010
I didn't really think the original game was too scary, but that's probably because I had it on the difficulty where the bad guys could hit you once or twice before killing you. By the end I was just tired of hiding, since it never helped in the end. I'd just run the enemies in circles until I'd gotten behind them, or figure out how to do it next time and let them kill me.

Now that I think about it, I really probably could have played the game a little scarier. Oh, well, at least it's free with a PS+ subscription.

Ferisar

Oct 2, 2010
Daaaah Whoosh said:
I didn't really think the original game was too scary, but that's probably because I had it on the difficulty where the bad guys could hit you once or twice before killing you. By the end I was just tired of hiding, since it never helped in the end. I'd just run the enemies in circles until I'd gotten behind them, or figure out how to do it next time and let them kill me.

Now that I think about it, I really probably could have played the game a little scarier. Oh, well, at least it's free with a PS+ subscription.
I feel like that's the reality of most horror games. If you play them without ever succumbing to instinctual reactions like stalling or hiding and just going forward, it's not that scary. I suppose that's fine given your need to overcome those first, but it seems to come quicker to some than others XP

OT:
Hah, I might get my circle of friends to get this and try it, although the one thing Outlast never really appealed to me on is the excessive nature of its graphic content (The Wang Brothers: just for those times when all your laundry is at the cleaners), so I don't know how much I'm looking forward to some scenes mentioned here :L