EA to Reveal Six New Games at E3, Presser to Be Streamed Live

Alex Co

Dec 11, 2013
EA to Reveal Six New Games at E3, Presser to Be Streamed Live

During its Q4 2014 earnings call, the publisher has announced that it will reveal six new games at this year's E3, and where fans can watch its press conference live.

During its Q4 2014 earnings call yesterday, publisher EA has announced (transcribed by SeekingAlpha) that it plans "to unveil details on at least six new projects in development at EA" at this year's E3. Possibly one of those will be DICE's take on the rumored "police-themed Battlefield" game that's being developed by Dead Space makers, Visceral Games. [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/134284-Star-Wars-Battlefront-Update-Coming-Next-Month]

In a press release sent by EA, the publisher has also announced that it plans to host a live-stream of its press conference. According to the presser, "the company will showcase its commitment to delivering great player experiences with an exciting new lineup of games and services. It all begins on June 9, 2014 at EA's annual E3 briefing, 'EA World Premiere: E3 2014 Preview.'" Hosted by CEO Andrew Wilson, the event will take place at the Shrine Expo Hall in Los Angeles on Monday, June 9, at 12:00 p.m. PDT, and will be streamed online on EA's Twitch channel. [http://www.ea.com/e3]

What are you hoping EA reveals at this year's show? Maybe the new Mass Effect? Or perhaps a new franchise altogether? Whatever it will be, it seems we might be in for a "megaton" moment or two at this year's show.

Source: Seeking Alpha [http://seekingalpha.com/article/2197163-electronic-arts-ea-ceo-andrew-wilson-on-q4-2014-results-earnings-call-transcript?page=2]

Adzma

Sep 20, 2009
Battlefield 5: Battlefield 4 Functional Edition, FIFA 15, NBA Live 15, Madden 15 and Star Wars: Battlefield Battlefront.

tacotrainwreck

Sep 15, 2011
'New' football, 'new' soccer, 'new' basketball, 'new' shooter, 'new' sandbox. There be me guesses.

tdylan

Jun 17, 2011
tacotrainwreck said:
'New' football, 'new' soccer, 'new' basketball, 'new' shooter, 'new' sandbox. There be me guesses.
All of which will utilize Frost bite 3. Probably.

Starblazer117

Jan 21, 2009
Bioware said they had Dragon Age: Inquisition to show off. It's my most wanted game this year, so I hope the don't show off the Pax Prime footage again. An Inquisitor besides the human one would be nice, but I'm not betting on it.

Parasondox

Jun 15, 2013
Let me take a wild guess what they could be;

Micro-transaction 15: Give Us Your Money Edition
Evil Company Simulator
70% Finished Game: The Game
Generated Hype: The Low Expectation Edition
DLC Live 15
EA The Game: We Need Your Trust

Wow, that was cynical of me. But in all honesty, let's hope it's something good to look forward too that actually works on release. The only way to go from here EA is up.

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
At this point im just going to assume that the new Battlefront and a new Mass Effect are on the cards.

Couldnt honestly guess what else theyre planning unless they want to make a MOBA based off of Plants vs Zombies.

Nomad Prime

Jan 22, 2013
Paradox SuXcess said:
Micro-transaction 15: Give Us Your Money Edition
Evil Company Simulator
70% Finished Game: The Game
Generated Hype: The Low Expectation Edition
DLC Live 15
EA The Game: We Need Your Trust
...Evil Company Simulator actually sounds pretty cool. And come to think of it, since a lot of the issue with 'Executive Meddling' is that the suits don't get what makes the games good, maybe making a game ABOUT being an evil megacorporation would be right up their alley. Make what you know and all that.

Gameguy20100

Sep 6, 2012
kiri2tsubasa said:
...*sigh*

Seems I am the only one that is honestly interested in learning more about the games without being dismissive of them. Some I imagine I will want to get one day.
Are you being positive and optimistic?

Get out!!

you are far to happy that is not welcome here.

Ok sarcastic man bastard aside I am looking forward to what they have.

Shadow-Phoenix

Mar 22, 2010
Gameguy20100 said:
kiri2tsubasa said:
...*sigh*

Seems I am the only one that is honestly interested in learning more about the games without being dismissive of them. Some I imagine I will want to get one day.
Are you being positive and optimistic?

Get out!!

you are far to happy that is not welcome here.

Ok sarcastic man bastard aside I am looking forward to what they have.
I guess that makes us the only 3 people here that aren't as super jaded and cynical as some are.

I know I at times dislike what EA,Ubisoft and Square tend to do but I don't see or treat them like some slice of Saturday morning/Super cereal villain.

DarkhoIlow

Dec 31, 2009
A new Madden, Fifa, Battlefield, NHL, NBA Live and -insert new ip-.

There's your six games right there. I don't think this E3 will be that interesting in terms of new games, but hey that's just my skepticism talking here. I always expect the worst when it comes to these things.

Grace_Omega

Dec 7, 2013
I don't normally pay too much attention to the individual developer conferences at E3, but I feel like this is more new announcements than usual for EA. Generally with them and Ubisoft it's a lot of showing stuff that's already been announced (Dragon Age is probably going to be a heavy presence)and one or two new things.