First Trailer For CW's The Flash Debuts

MovieBob

Dec 31, 2008
First Trailer For CW's The Flash Debuts

Your first look at CW's Arrow spin-off speeds online

The CW has unveiled the first trailer for the spin-off of its hit DC Comics-based series Arrow, offering fans a first real look at how Barry Allen (Grant Gustin) looks in costume, in motion and in extremely fast motion as The Flash. The (pre-superhero) character was already introduced to audiences in a pair of Arrow episodes which climaxed with a version of Allen's traditional comics origin story of being struck by lightning a splattered with a cocktail of volatile chemicals (this time with the added twist of a the lightning storm being caused by an exploding particle accelerator.)

Barry Allen's Flash was the first of DC Comics' Silver Age "legacy heroes," i.e. a modern (in 1956) update of the Golden Age Flash, Jay Garrick. As The Flash, Barry played a prominent role in many of DC's biggest story events; including the revelation of The Multiverse, his death in Crisis on Infinite Earths (he was replaced by Wally West, the former Kid Flash) and launching DC's New 52 reboot with Flashpoint in 2011. Many fans also consider him to have the second best roster of enemies after Batman, with DC heavy-hitters like Gorilla Grodd, Captain Cold, Trickster, Mirror Master and others among his regular rogues gallery.

The series will reportedly follow Allen as he fights crime as both The Flash and in his day job as a Central City police investigator. Along with Gustin, the announced cast also includes several characters bearing the civilian identities of DC characters including previous Flash series [http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Francisco_Ramon_(Prime_Earth)] in the 90s, will also appear in a yet-unknown role.

The Flash will debut on The CW this Fall.

Source: The CW [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnXsnR-2AvU]

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
I would have a 'gerdgasm' if Mark Hamill came in as a cameo for 'The Trickster'.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
It's funny to me that WB said they weren't going to do crossovers and continuity with their movies, but are apparently o.k with them doing it for t.v. Perhaps they put higher stock in the at home televisions audience to follow interconnectivity than they do with the movie going audience.

Mave

Jan 26, 2014
Great! I just love green arrow, I just hope flash can match it.............. gotham is coming..... what about a Wonder Woman series DC/warner?

Willstown

Borderline Crazy Cat Man
Nov 20, 2013
As previously said if it works as well as Arrow it's going to be good. Arrow worked well by starting out without many capes and costumes and crept them all in slowly to the point where the season finale trailer was a frenzy of costumed carnage.

Hopefully they can use this approach with the Flash, especially as the Rogues in the world of the flash tend to come a across a little cheesy to outsiders, Captain Cold anyone?

Did watch the pilot of John Wesley Shipp Flash again a little while ago... doesn't age well.

+1 to Mark Hamill rocking up as the trickster

Rangarig

Dragon in disguise
Apr 19, 2010
Wait ... the actor who plays the Flash is called Grant Gustin'? Was he renamed on purpose?

Kameburger

Turtle king
Apr 7, 2012
For what ever reason I can't stand the camera work of the arrow and related projects. Something about maybe the color scheme? but it feels like one of those things that the higher def it is the cheaper it feels? It looks like really good cosplay then professional costume design.

I can't shake it, but every time I tried to give arrow a chance, there is something about the aesthetic that just rubs me the wrong way. Taste perhaps?

It's like the opposite problem of Amazing Spiderman.

InvaderTim

Dec 9, 2012
Everytime I catch a glimpse of that show it seems like an episode of CSI with a green dude.

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
If The Flash is also successful, yall think when they make the Justice league movie, they'll tie it in to the TV characters? I would like that very much.

KazeAizen

Jul 17, 2013
008Zulu said:
It's funny to me that WB said they weren't going to do crossovers and continuity with their movies, but are apparently o.k with them doing it for t.v. Perhaps they put higher stock in the at home televisions audience to follow interconnectivity than they do with the movie going audience.
Well to be fair their TV projects have, for the most part, turned out better than Marvel's.

Arawn

Dec 18, 2003
008Zulu said:
Well if you think about it, that's the best approach for releasing a new show; use a currently popular show. People like Arrow so they use him to advertise for Flash. If the show had come out by itself it might have gotten less attention. Just better business sense. So why not extend that to the movies? Who knows. Maybe they don't want to be called copycats for following the same scheme as Marvel. I say who cares as long as it works.

Alluos

Nov 7, 2010
I like the costume, it's nice to see a super-hero uniform that isn't just make of kevlar and assorted random mesh stuff of a non-descript nature.
But I probably won't watch this.

Plinglebob

Team Stupid-Face
Nov 11, 2008
008Zulu said:
In the TV stakes, WB/DC/CW have already had a success (along with 10 years of screwing things up and fixing them) with Smallville and the massive jump in quality between the first episode of Arrow and the season 2 finale shows that they've learned their lesson there. There's a 5 minute trailer now online and while there are some really really clunky lines, (and I mean REALLY clunky) it looks like it could be pretty entertaining and after the season 2 finale of Arrow, I have faith that they'll be able to pull off something good, if not great.

Edit: And I've just remembered, Fox are making Gotham and NBC are making Constantine. DC are really pushing it on TV this year.