The Division Delayed Until 2015

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
The Division Delayed Until 2015

Tom Clancy's The Division, another big-name Ubisoft title, has been hit with a lengthy delay.

Ubisoft is starting to make a habit of delaying it's biggest name titles, with following some overwhelming fan feedback [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/128707-Watch-Dogs-Delayed-to-2014], PC, was announced at last year's E3, and although no official release date was given, most people assumed we'd see it within a year.

"Working on The Division is a once in a lifetime opportunity for all of us at Massive, Reflections, and Red Storm Entertainment," reads the post from the development team. "We are creating something we are really proud of and we don't want to compromise on quality. We are going to release the game when it's ready."

"We want to thank you again for the exceptional ongoing support. Community is at the heart of what we are doing and we're very much designing the game with you in mind, so your involvement means a lot to us," it added.

More information should be revealed at Ubisoft's press conference at this year's E3.

Source: Ubisoft [http://tomclancy-thedivision.ubi.com/game/en-GB/news/detail.aspx?c=tcm:154-142776-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32]

Baron Tanks

Mar 3, 2013
I'm not surprised, somehow I never got the feeling it was as far along as that one level demonstrated last year suggested. It always felt like that was all they had at the time and the lack of further information and hyping. Honestly, it's not much of a bad thing I'd say. I had the opposite with Watch Dogs, where there was so much early hype that the enthusiasm was really gone after summer last year, then the delays followed and now I'm just left with a mix of meh and scepticism. At least with The Division they never got me crazy up to now.

NLS

Norwegian Llama Stylist
Jan 7, 2010
Delayed? It has never been confirmed for a release date or year prior to this. The fans have been hammering on and on with "plz give release date", to the point that I seriously doubt I'll enjoy playing with other players. And the devs have stood adamant on "We'll announce something when we'll announce something", because the game was probably never intended to ship in 2014. If Ubisoft announces 15. February 2015 as the official release date, and THEN say it's been delayed, then it's been delayed. But as long as they haven't even announced an original release date, "delayed" isn't the word I'd use.

Novander

Oct 30, 2009
Ultratwinkie said:
It seems Ubisoft can't do anything right.
I'd say the opposite. Delaying games that aren't ready is absolutely the right call. Better a decent game next year than a bad one this year.

AstaresPanda

Nov 5, 2009
So pretty much fact now that these consoles were rushed out the door, there are no real games for these consoles, "next gen" but with nothing to play. Untill over a year later lol This has got to be the most piss poor console generation launch ever.

Haakmed

Oct 29, 2010
But don't worry! We have unconfirmed reports of the next Assassins Creed clone, Assassins Creed: Deliverance will be coming out on time for the PSP Go!

At least Ubisoft is giving people time to finish games. Instead of just pushing half finished crap out the door like the norm. But I could be wrong, its possible they just started making these titles.