The Perfect Man

Me55enger

Dec 16, 2008
Comes across all shy and coy,
Just another Nancy Boy.

EDIT: Those tags are hilarious.

CorvusFerreum

Jun 13, 2011
His arm lenghts and hand size as well as the general body proportions (head nonwithstanding) kinda remined me of the Hrud.

I've yet to decide wether that's good or not.

Rtoip

Jan 15, 2011
Dominic Crossman said:
I... don't understand this comic in the slightest. Am I missing something?
I don't get it either. Something about disproportionate bodies, big hands ? Was there some anime character like that lately or it's some other joke about something.

Blood Brain Barrier

Nov 21, 2011
Dominic Crossman said:
95% of the jokes are related to Japanese gaming/anime culture. Which is probably why out of the 30 or 40 Critical Miss comics I've viewed I only found a few of them funny.

vun

Burrowed Lurker
Apr 10, 2008
Rtoip said:
Dominic Crossman said:
I don't get it either. Something about disproportionate bodies, big hands ? Was there some anime character like that lately or it's some other joke about something.
If you read/watched josei(and shoujo I guess) or yaoi you'd understand. Holy shit the people in those look weird sometimes(most of the time tbh).

Ed130 The Vanguard

(Insert witty quote here)
Sep 10, 2008
CorvusFerreum said:
His arm lenghts and hand size as well as the general body proportions (head nonwithstanding) kinda remined me of the Hrud.

I've yet to decide wether that's good or not.
I knew it looked familiar.

Whatever floats your boat I guess.

Jang

Mar 21, 2009
Guys, I love your work, but a lot of it is really obscure and goes over people's heads. You are totally entitled to do so, but whenever that happens, could you at least note, in the text below the comic, what ze crap you are doing?

CloudAtlas

Mar 16, 2013
The "perfect man" has a tiny wiener? Apparently I know even less about these weird Japanese subcultures than I thought.

Piorn

Dec 26, 2007
Just google Yaoi Hands, guys.

Now, a more interesting question is WHY.
I don't read Yaoi. Are large hands something that the target audience likes? Is it just some biological background taken to abstract extremes, like balloon tits? Or is it something freudian? Maybe there's some cultural background we lack in the western world?

Ishal

Oct 30, 2012
Yeah, this is related to anime culture. No clue about this one.

edit: I've googled it. What the fuck. What the fuck Japan. You know what, never mind. I don't want to know.

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
Blood Brain Barrier said:
Dominic Crossman said:
95% of the jokes are related to Japanese gaming/anime culture. Which is probably why out of the 30 or 40 Critical Miss comics I've viewed I only found a few of them funny.
Not counting Dark Souls jokes the last one that related to Japanese games or anime (Cowboy Bebop related one) was February 11th... 95% sounds a little excessive don't you think?

Piorn said:

I don't read Yaoi. Are large hands something that the target audience likes? Is it just some biological background taken to abstract extremes, like balloon tits? Or is it something freudian? Maybe there's some cultural background we lack in the western world?
Not a Yaoi reader either, but it could be anything. How his massive hands can cup (or crush) your entire face or simply because of the big hands= big gloves junk.

Gorrath

Feb 22, 2013
Piorn said:

I've always presumed it was just that most YAOI manga (and by most, I really mean pretty much all) is drawn by people who can't freaking draw. Thus, the wonky proportions of long legs, huge chests and hands and tiny, tiny heads.

OT: For those who don't get the comic, they are making fun of the way "cute" men are drawn in manga. They almost universally drawn with anatomy so out of whack they wouldn't be able to stand. Personally, I blame [redacted]. It's merely a lack of ability by the artists that has grown into (sometimes) a stylistic choice, much as the female characters so poorly drawn they lack any place for internal organs. What was once simply piss-poor art has grown into its own accepted style for the material.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009

I don' get it.

Piorn said:
Okay.

I... kind of get it.

Probably could have gotten through my day just fine without seeing that though, but hey.