Metro 2033, Metro Last Light to Get Facelift for Xbox One, PS4, PC

John Keefer

Devilish Rogue
Aug 12, 2013
Metro 2033, Metro Last Light to Get Facelift for Xbox One, PS4, PC

If you don't want the games as separate digital downloads for $24.99 each, Metro Last Light Redux will package both Metro titles for $49.99.

Metro 2033 and Metro Last Light were quality shooters when they were released and those with PlayStation 4s or Xbox Ones may want a chance to live life in the subway tunnels of a post-apocalyptic Moscow. Well, this summer, Deep Silver will give those console players that opportunity.

Both titles are being remastered for the next-gen consoles to include the latest 4A Games engine at 60FPS, and will be available separately for $24.99. But if you want both, and the additional DLC that was available for the Season Pass, then you'll want to grab the Metro Last Light Redux package for $49.99.

In addition to the facelift and extra content, the package will have three modes: Ranger mode with no UI for the hardcore, Survival mode with tougher AI, slower reloads and limited resources, and the more action oriented Spartan mode. It also adds a Check Watch and Check Inventory feature requested by players.

[gallery=2536]

While the package will be available at an as yet undetermined date this summer for consoles, A SteamOS and Linux version is planned "later this year" for PC.

Hey, look, we got video to show it off.

[video=9245 autoplay=0]

And this on from Andrea and Escapist News Now:

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
So...the PC version is just a version with all the DLC and no graphical upgrades? This is somewhat...ah, hell, I'll just wait this one out.

TiberiusEsuriens

Jun 24, 2010
Barbas said:
So...the PC version is just a version with all the DLC and no graphical upgrades? This is somewhat...ah, hell, I'll just wait this one out.
The difference for PC will be that the original 2033 will be running on Last Light's engine. It is a graphical upgrade for the original, but the sequel seems unchanged, aside from the UI-less mode option.

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
TiberiusEsuriens said:
Barbas said:
The difference for PC will be that the original 2033 will be running on Last Light's engine. It is a graphical upgrade for the original, but the sequel seems unchanged, aside from the UI-less mode option.
Ah, I see. Thank you for clarifying. Sounds like a good deal for anyone who hasn't had the pleasure of being introduced to these games yet! :D

Mar 18, 2012
TiberiusEsuriens said:
Is that really necessary? I've just finished 2033 and it still looks crazy good. Suppose a more stable framerate would be welcome. This will be awesome for consoles though. No way that was running on high on last gen so upgrading the visuals for PS4/XBone will look great.

Anyone who hasn't played these games should probably give them a bash. They are fucking great and really need more love.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Cool!

I never tried these games, and I always love when I get to binge a game collection.

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010

Just like the new version of The Last of Us, it's going to be great for people who haven't played the originals before and better than ever (strictly speaking of consoles, of course).

iniudan

Apr 27, 2011
My guess is that they need to raise some fund for their relocation to Malta.

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
JimmyPage666 said:
Is that really necessary?
IT
IS
ALWAYS
NECESSARY!

When it comes to PCs and PC games, the answer to upgrade is always yes, doesn't matter what you upgrade the answer is still yes.

Having said that, I liked the way 2033 handled Night Vision better than Last Light, it wasn't especially clear some of the time, but it was gorgeous and actually looked like looking through real NVGs. I will be sad if that gets 'upgraded' with the new engine to Last Light more traditional video game night vision.

I'll probably miss this one until it's dead cheap though, I already have both main games so the DLC isn't much of a draw. For the PS4/Xbone crowd though this ought to be a required purchase.

DarkhoIlow

Dec 31, 2009
Why would I buy the games again that I have already played and finished multiple times (three times and two times respectively).

That PC version really baffles me by it's existence.

Pinkamena

Stuck in a vortex of sexy horses
Jun 27, 2011
So.
24.99 each, or 49.99 as a bundle.

That's, like, the same amount of money.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
Its nice to see them improve things. Then again on the other hand they are claiming that new consoles will get "PC experience" which is a joke on thier part.

Ed130 The Vanguard

(Insert witty quote here)
Sep 10, 2008
Strazdas said:
Its nice to see them improve things. Then again on the other hand they are claiming that new consoles will get "PC experience" which is a joke on thier part.
What's the bet the console versions won't even reach the 1080/60 threshold?

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
Ed130 The Vanguard said:
Strazdas said:
What's the bet the console versions won't even reach the 1080/60 threshold?
im not making a bet i know consoles will loose.

Knight Captain Kerr

May 27, 2011
Cool, I got the lend of Last Light for PS3 off my friend and loved it. I never played 2033 because I don't have a 360. Definitely getting this whenever I get a PS4.

Mar 18, 2012
fix-the-spade said:
When it comes to PCs and PC games, the answer to upgrade is always yes, doesn't matter what you upgrade the answer is still yes.
I get you on the hardware side, that's what I keep telling people anyway.

I haven't played Last Light yet but I'm told it looks better. What I'd most want is a more stable frame rate. I got a lot of stuttering on 2033, it was quite off putting at times.

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
JimmyPage666 said:
I haven't played Last Light yet but I'm told it looks better. What I'd most want is a more stable frame rate. I got a lot of stuttering on 2033, it was quite off putting at times.
At the risk of asking stupid questions, did you try disabling PhysX?

In both games I had problems with PhysX running the GPU up to 100% at seemingly random intervals (massive set piece? no problem! Empty transition hallway? Fzzt!), turning it off gave me solid frame rates in the original.

Mar 18, 2012
fix-the-spade said:
I honestly don't know. Isn't PhysX only for Nvidia cards? I don't have any options for it. I know what you mean about the random intervals though, makes no sense to me.

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
JimmyPage666 said:
fix-the-spade said:
I honestly don't know. Isn't PhysX only for Nvidia cards? I don't have any options for it. I know what you mean about the random intervals though, makes no sense to me.
PhysX works with AMD cards as well, but it does so better on nVidia cards; they perform better with the higher PhysX settings. It looks like the changes they make to these games are going to make them quite intensive if PhysX is turned on (rubble, chunks from bullets hitting pillars, mist reacting to NPCs, stuff like that). I remember pipe bombs used to be hellish for my PC even though everything else was pretty much fine, and they clusterf*** the environment a lot when they go off.