Croteam Unveils Serious Sam HD Gameplay Trailer

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Croteam Unveils Serious Sam HD Gameplay Trailer

[gametrailers=54243]​
The first gameplay trailer for Serious Sam HD has been released, giving gamers who missed the original a chance to see exactly what they're in for.

Kids these days, with their Killzone [http://halo.xbox.com] and their "characters" and their "story." What do they know about the simple pleasure of killing everything that moves because... well, just because? What do they know about standing your ground against 500 screaming guys charging down on you when you've only got 450 bullets? What do they know about Serious Sam?

The fact is that the original Serious Sam came out more than eight long, depressing years ago, meaning that a lot of today's voting-age gamers were barely old enough to dress themselves when the classic Croatian killfest first appeared on the radar. Ironically, the amazing simplicity of its concept can actually make it a bit tricky to explain, so it's lucky for us that the Croteam [http://www.croteam.com/] gang have released the first gameplay trailer for the upcoming remake, Serious Sam HD, now available for your viewing pleasure and edification.

In order to eliminate confusion, I'll answer a few questions preemptively. Yes, you will fight gigantic, charging bulls in the Egyptian desert. Yes, you will switch between a quad-barreled automatic laser rifle and dual Colt revolvers. Yes, those screaming dudes had no heads and bombs for hands. And yes, the whole damn game is like that.

Serious Sam HD comes out later this year for the PC and Xbox Live Arcade.

RebelRising

Jan 5, 2008
Cool. The trailer music was unmistakeable "Hope Overture" by Clint Mansell. Good stuff; the gameplay looks like absolute mayhem.

hansari

May 31, 2009
Malygris said:
The first gameplay trailer for Serious Sam HD has been released, giving gamers who missed the original a chance to see exactly what they're in for.
So...Serious Sam is like Duke Nukem?

Wtf are people whining about DNF for then! Here it is!!!

ChromeAlchemist

Aug 21, 2008
Looks mad crazy, yo.

I still stick by my original thoughts, the developers were under every drug under the sun when they made this game. WTF was with those guys who used to scream when they ran at you? What the hell were they called, and what was on their hands? (I remember them holding something, maybe not, memory is a bit hazy)

sunami88

Jun 23, 2008
Damn this looks sexy. I loved the first 2, and I'll probably be getting this for PC if the price is right (I installed the first 2 off a friend who had bought them :p ).

Skarvig

Jul 13, 2009
Sweet, Serious Sam gets awesome Graphics. Sweet.

Oh, yeah I friggin loved the first two encounters.

econael

Apr 15, 2009
It's the exact same game just in higher resolution (not even much prettier).
And they make an official release out of that? Really?
Normally that's just a community mod...

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
Aaah! My nostalgia is kicking in!!

It looks AWESOME!

...Too bad it's not really worth paying, if they don't add new maps/monsters/weapons, I'm not paying $50 for graphics.

kickin wiing

Jan 5, 2009
ChromeAlchemist said:
Looks mad crazy, yo.

I still stick by my original thoughts, the developers were under every drug under the sun when they made this game. WTF was with those guys who used to scream when they ran at you? What the hell were they called, and what was on their hands? (I remember them holding something, maybe not, memory is a bit hazy)
The were bombs.

Andy Chalk

Nov 12, 2002
I've seen XBLA pricing for SSHD at 1200 points ($15) and PC pricing will probably be similar, in the $15-20 range. It's pretty reasonable for a do-over; yeah, there's absolutely nothing new here (except for the co-op I guess) and I sure wouldn't pay "new game" price for it, but for 20 bucks or less, I'm definitely in.

Booze Zombie

Dec 8, 2007
hansari said:

Duke Nukem and Serious Sam are two completely different games.

For one thing, Duke Nukem his self is a Evil Dead character, where as Serious Sam is a time traveling super-soldier with a smart mouth.

One's a cliche and the other's a cliche with some personality.

The Shade

Mar 20, 2008
Anything is epic when put to Requiem music.

Still, I might get this for X360. Looks kinda nifty.

Hazy

Jun 29, 2008
hansari said:
Malygris said:

I honestly don't see the comparisons being plausible. Duke Nukem is nothing like SS, and vice versa.

ChromeAlchemist

Aug 21, 2008
kickin wiing said:
ChromeAlchemist said:
Looks mad crazy, yo.

The were bombs.
That was it! Those crazy guys, I'll take two of what they're having.

Malygris said:
I've seen XBLA pricing for SSHD at 1200 points ($15) and PC pricing will probably be similar, in the $15-20 range. It's pretty reasonable for a do-over; yeah, there's absolutely nothing new here (except for the co-op I guess) and I sure wouldn't pay "new game" price for it, but for 20 bucks or less, I'm definitely in.
Count me too at that price, I'm on board.

Bob_F_It

It stands for several things
May 7, 2008
I liked the first one up until it kept shoving me in large spaces being surrouned on all sides, and then kept doing it more. I might consider getting it if I'm up for some FPS survival.

Andy Chalk

Nov 12, 2002
But that's the whole point! You just don't see that kind of epic, endless slaughter in your average FPS. You'll kill more guys in one room of Serious Sam than you will in entire levels of most shooters.