The Order: 1886 for PS4 Delayed to 2015

John Keefer

Devilish Rogue
Aug 12, 2013
The Order: 1886 for PS4 Delayed to 2015

Ready at Dawn's third-person shooter will be shown at E3, but the promised release this year is being pushed back to "protect the vision."

Sony and Ready at Dawn have slowly been leaking footage and screens for their upcoming shooter The Order: 1886, putting a bit of an Arthurian twist on Victorian England of the late 1800s. While we got a bit more of a taste before E3 (Look, Greg's got a preview! [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/video-games/conferences/e32014/11505-The-Order-1886-Hands-On-Worth-the-Delay]), as well as a Twitch livestream, it appears the game is still no where near ready for prime time, and has been delayed until sometime next year.

When asked about the delay, Ready at Dawn Game Director Dana Jan said "That's not necessarily a material problem, but I think there's always this point in any development where you look at what you've got and you look at the potential of it and you start to talk about where you're going to compromise, and how are you going to finish, how are you going to protect the vision?"

Jan said the team is currently getting little sleep and has put a lot of effort into the game so far, one that he thinks has a lot of potential. "I think when you see that value and that potential it's worth figuring out how do make the least amount of side-quest as possible and really polish and set a new bar for PlayStation games and just games in general and I think it's really great to get that opportunity to push it a bit more."

So, bottom line and spin aside, if you are looking forward to this game, you'll need to look quite a bit further into the future ... as in sometime next year. But here are some new screenshots to tide you over in the meantime.

[gallery=2562]

otakon17

Jun 21, 2010
Way to go there PS4. Keep those games coming out.... way past the point anyone will be interested in them. Oh well another turd person shooter being delayed won't be a huge issue.

ShakerSilver

Professional Procrastinator
Nov 13, 2009
Didn't Sony say 20 first party titles would be released within the first year of the PS4's Launch (12 of them were supposedly new franchises)? So far we have Knack, Killzone SF, Infamous SS, and Driveclub later this year. E3 better have some really big surprises.

erbi79

Apr 21, 2013
Dissapointing for ps4 owners, but if it results in a better game I think the wait will be worth it. In the end we tend to complain about games that are poorly polished or lack in content or don't take full advantage of their setting and mechanics, so in the long run this -might- be seen as good news.

Let's see if this comes out before Lost Guardian ^^

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
I would rather it be delayed than it being a half arsed game. While disappointing, it could turn out for the better.

If anything this should go into Sony's favour, least they aren't EA, Which we all know never delays a game and loves to release half arsed games.

Broken Blade

Nov 29, 2007
Well, this is disappointing, but I'm willing to wait. :) I'll have a few other games this fall to tide me over, even if they're not exclusives.

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
I was looking forward to this one.. and I still will be when it comes out assuming it doesn't take an unexpected turn for the worse. As much as I'd like to play it sooner rather than later I'd rather it comes out when it's good and ready.

Evonisia

Your sinner, in secret
Jun 24, 2013
If it results in a better game, fine. That gameplay footage looked boring.