The Guild Music Video: "Do You Wanna Date My Avatar"

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
The Guild Music Video: "Do You Wanna Date My Avatar"

Geek sweetheart (geekheart?) Felicia Day and her costars on The Guild have released a music video for their (sort of) hit single, "Do You Wanna Date My Avatar?"

Now, I'm just going to come right out here and say it: Felicia Day is awesome. Not only was she great in her appearances starring in "groom her" [http://www.drhorrible.com/]?

I could go on and on about how it's awesome to see genuinely nerdy people succeeding not in spite of their hobby, but because of it - but I'll refrain for the moment. I'll just leave it at this: It's a professional-quality music video with a ton of nerdy gamer references and in-jokes, the cast of The Guild doing what they do best, and Felicia Day doing her thang as a geek-chic sex symbol.

If you're in the mood to support Ms. Day and The Guild, you can get the MP3 via iTunes [http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002JECVTS?ie=UTF8&tag=watchtheguild-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B002JECVTS].

Or, for a serious look at the idea of finding virtual love, rent MMOG documentary Second Skin [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/reviews/6350-Review-Second-Skin].

TheNumber1Zero

Forgot to Remember
Jul 23, 2009
hmm...I've heard of the guild,supposed to be funny,I'm sure it is.

personally I think online dating is,how do I put this,not so grand.

El Poncho

Techno Hippy will eat your soul!
May 21, 2009
Never heard of the guild I guess I will check it out tomorrow.

Cryo84R

Gentleman Bastard.
Jun 27, 2009
Felica Day makes me want to turn into one of those creepy stalker types.

Nargleblarg

Jun 24, 2008
Cryo84R said:
agreed

But I have heard of the guild before but I never really listened to them much but now I think I should.

walls of cetepedes

Jul 12, 2009
Freakout456 said:
Cryo84R said:
agreed

But I have heard of the guild before but I never really listened to them much but now I think I should.
They're a video series, so you watch them.

Nyah.

Cryo84R

Gentleman Bastard.
Jun 27, 2009
I just bought the video for my iPhone because she asked me to.

Damn it, I'm a sucker.

Fearzone

Boyz! Boyz! Boyz!
Dec 3, 2008
Yep, just watched that. Friggin awesome.

I've been watching The Guild since it came out and there was NEVER anything like that.

The Shade

Mar 20, 2008
iTunes only has the video. I'd prefer the MP3 (since my iPod is so old-school that it can't do videos. How retro.)

Davey Woo

Jan 9, 2009
Say Anything said:
I'd date her avatar, if you know what I mean, hehehehe!
I can do nothing but agree with you...

I think the guild is pretty funny, and this video is hilarious, the song isn't too bad either.

Fearzone

Boyz! Boyz! Boyz!
Dec 3, 2008
I gotta admit she was the hottest thing from day 1 even when playing up the nerdy angle.

Dyp100

Jul 14, 2009
She is not that good looking, but funny music video, same it's spreeding the lie of hot female nerds.

There so rareeee. xD

Arrers

Mar 4, 2009
I've never seen the Guild but somthing tell me I won't enjoy it. Never liked MMO's and I can't even understand my friends when they talk about it.