The Witcher 3 Releasing on February 24, 2015

StewShearerOld

Geekdad News Writer
Jan 5, 2013
The Witcher 3 Releasing on February 24, 2015

The Witcher 3 will receive a limited collector's edition including a hand-crafted statue and hardcover art book.

CD Projekt RED held its Summer Conference live stream today, during which it revealed that The Witcher 3 will be hitting stores stores on February 24th, 2015. Its release will be simultaneous on PC, PS4 and Xbox One. All three versions of the game will likewise contain identical content with none receiving special treatment.

In addition to its release date, CPR also unveiled the contents of the game's standard, collector's and digital editions. The standard retail release will include the game, its manual, a companion book containing story and universe details, a game world map, the game's soundtrack and some stickers. The collector's edition will have all of these as well as a hand-painted statue featuring the game's protagonist Geralt, a hardcover art book, a wolf medallion and a steel game case.

The contents of the digital edition meanwhile will vary depending on where gamers buy them. The base digital game will include a digital art book, a collection of pre-release videos and a digital map. Players who purchase the game at GOG however will be privy to exclusive content including an extended soundtrack, a code for a digital collection of Dark Horse's The Witcher comic book, custom wallpapers and a free copy of the RPG classic Neverwinter Nights along with three expansion packs.

It was also revealed that gamers buying The Witcher 3 at GOG (owned by CD Projekt RED) will also receive a "loyalty discount" if they can provide proof that they already own The Witcher 1 and 2. This discount will knock as much as 20 percent off the new game's price tag. GOG will also be offering a "fair price package" to customers outside of North America who are often subject to higher retail prices than their American counterparts. The retailer intends to compensate these gamers with codes for more free GOG games. Pre-orders of The Witcher 3 at GOG are, in turn, <a href=http://www.gog.com/thewitcher3/en>up and running.

[video=9328 autoplay=0]

-Seraph-

May 19, 2008
I'm a little disappointed that there was no gameplay demonstration, but given how far out the game still is I can forgive that. Regardless I now have a proper deadline for when to build my new rig, this game is will be the thing that finally gets me to upgrade this old thing.

I want that collectors edition, that statue is just gorgeous. Collectors edition may be rather standard content wise, but I rarely get these kinds of things so this game is a bit of an exception given my adoration for the series. Now if only I could go ahead a pre-order that shit right now....

search_rip

Jan 6, 2009
I didn't knew it's not Xbone exclusive anymore, glad to see I'll can enjoy it on PS4 :)

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Uh.... was that Charles Dance...???!!??!

*Checks IMDB*

HOLY SHIT, IT IS! He better have more than like 5 lines!

Also, hope Triss is in this a lot. She's a bad ass and kind of got the shaft in the last game (no pun intended).

Dec 14, 2009
I want so much to like this franchise...

I have the first two games and completed neither of them, I just end up trailing away from them.

WHY WON'T YOU LET ME LOVE YOU?!

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
Nice to see a confirmed release date. Don't know the specs yet but I may have to update my graphics card for it. Checked out the Collector's Edition too. Looks awesome and I intend on pre-ordering it tonight.

Eruanno

Captain Hammer
Aug 14, 2008
From that trailer, I'm noticing that Geralt still has weird, flappy hair that looks a little weird. But oh my god, that facial animation. Wow. Niiiiice.

Isengrim

Aug 20, 2012
-Seraph- said:
I'm a little disappointed that there was no gameplay demonstration, but given how far out the game still is I can forgive that. Regardless I now have a proper deadline for when to build my new rig, this game is will be the thing that finally gets me to upgrade this old thing.

I want that collectors edition, that statue is just gorgeous. Collectors edition may be rather standard content wise, but I rarely get these kinds of things so this game is a bit of an exception given my adoration for the series. Now if only I could go ahead a pre-order that shit right now....

Well, according to CDPR, the in-trailer gameplay is taken from the game, just like that. PC of course.
Certainly looks like it though, and i doubt CDPR would risk an incident like Watch_Doge that Ubisoft had.

Kerethos

Jun 19, 2013
Daystar Clarion said:
I want so much to like this franchise...

I have the first two games and completed neither of them, I just end up trailing away from them.

WHY WON'T YOU LET ME LOVE YOU?!
I at least managed to finish the first one, but for some reason the second one has yet to hook me. I only got a bit past the prologue, about up to the hanging. And then... well, I never really felt the need to go back... I blame Skyrim (it eats time like a black hole, but it's so relaxing).

So The Witcher 2 is on the list, along with LA Noir and Kingdoms of Amalur, over games I should get around to finishing before I tackle the games I own but have not yet played... or the XCOM DLC.

Oh no, first world problems! Too many games to play! Save me!

Captcha: good samaritan

-Seraph-

May 19, 2008
Isengrim said:
-Seraph- said:

Well, according to CDPR, the in-trailer gameplay is taken from the game, just like that. PC of course.
Certainly looks like it though, and i doubt CDPR would risk an incident like Watch_Doge that Ubisoft had.
Oh I know that trailer was pretty much all in game footage, I was watching the stream. What I meant was I was a little bummed that there was no real gameplay demonstration like they did at last years E3 behind closed door. Ya know, playing a slice of the game for the audience to show off combat mechanics and the like.

Guess we'll have to wait a little longer for that sort of stuff. I still loved the trailer, damn fine one at that, just wanted some hard gameplay is all.

Saucycarpdog

Sep 30, 2009
*Jaw drops*

Need money...need new PC...

Hopefully the story is a bit more coherent in this one. I liked the first and second ones but some times the story would get distracted and go off track. The witcher 2 especially.

Aussie502

Apr 19, 2011
Kerethos said:
I at least managed to finish the first one, but for some reason the second one has yet to hook me. I only got a bit past the prologue, about up to the hanging. And then... well, I never really felt the need to go back... I blame Skyrim (it eats time like a black hole, but it's so relaxing).
I also struggled to find the will to play the game in the beginning also. Up until around half way through the first act I had to make myself play the game, but then something happened and I got hooked on it. The later acts are much better than the first one.

g3ko

Jun 2, 2011
What I'm taking away from this:

Set release date for PC version.
Close enough to actually re-do the previous 2 games with the choices I wanted on a relaxed full time working student schedule;

The collector's edition that includes the medallion won't be regional.

No exclusive DLC content (wasn't an issue on the previous, might've been on this one, but it is CD Project Red).

The medallion will finally be mine
Hopefully it will look as good as the 2 versions keychain.
Scary happy about this.

Finishing the story.

Finally seeing how the dynamic with Triss will evolve, and getting to see Yennefer in the game, maybe even Ciri and figuring out what the wild hunt actually is. I know, i'm trying to avoid personal spoilers as mch as I can so I can be surprised while playing it.

Edit: messed up the spoiler tags

Geisterkarle

Dec 27, 2010
Kerethos said:
Oh no, first world problems! Too many games to play! Save me!
I have the same problem :)
But I hope that until 2015.02.24 I get myself and the "untouched" games sorted out and I can enjoy my collectors edition (yeah, ordered that beauty already during the conference!)

DarkhoIlow

Dec 31, 2009
Now I know for certain that I need to upgrade my GPU by the end of the year so I can play this game properly.

Can't wait to get my hands on the CE, hope they make it quite a lot of them because I have a feeling they will be in high demand.

RyQ_TMC

Apr 24, 2009
As much as I'm looking forward to TW3, I'm sad that it won't come out until next year... It was supposed to be Fall 2014...

See, that's the game I want to go back to PC for. I sat out the previous generation mostly on the PS3, and my laptop is woefully inadequate (can't handle TW2, for example). So I thought, as soon as they release TW3 requirements, I'm getting a new rig.

But a new addition to my family is plopping out at the end of November. I have to get a new rig before the entire household expense list is taken up by baby supplies. That's 3 months between the two releases. I can't wait until February... And now I'm torn. Get a decent PC now, and hope it doesn't age too much, or get an expensive monster to make sure I can happily run TW3?

Any PC gamers out here, at what rate do requirements change nowadays? I remember a time when a 1 year-old machine would already be lagging behind...

b3nn3tt

May 11, 2010
Between this and Arkham Knight, I'm going to have a lot of trouble restraining myself from either splashing out on a new console, or properly getting into PC gaming like I keep threatening!

I've played through the second game and really enjoyed it, although I do have to be in the right mood to be able to play it. I've got the first one, but it's part of my back catalogue, so I'll eventually get round to it. I loved the trailer, it does look like they've built on everything good from the previous games. Plus, Charles Dance! Everything is better with a little added Charles Dance!

Living_Brain

When in doubt, overclock
Feb 8, 2012
RyQ_TMC said:
Any PC gamers out here, at what rate do requirements change nowadays? I remember a time when a 1 year-old machine would already be lagging behind...
You can safely keep a PC for two years before things really start to bag down at all. There's people using cards from 2 (PC)generations ago and totally content with it.