The Crew Is an Open World Driving MMO Worth Waiting For - Hands On

Greg Tito

PR for Dungeons & Dragons
Sep 29, 2005
The Crew Is an Open World Driving MMO Worth Waiting For - Hands On

Originally touted as a ?launch window? title for next gen, The Crew?s arcade-style driving gameplay is completely open world.

Read Full Article

ShadowGandalf01

Oct 3, 2011
I think, if I get The Crew, (I might not get it right away, depends on finances) then the first thing I'm gonna want to do is test the map size by driving from New York to San Francisco or vice versa, depends on which is closer to where you start,(assuming the whole map is driveable from the get go of course.) Regardless, it's something I'll wanna do at some point. Like Need For Speed The Run only, better.

Buckshaft

Jan 12, 2014
I actually liked TDU and TDU2, So I'm looking forward to this. I mean, don't buy it at launch, because we ought to have learned from our mistakes in that department... But when it gets fixed up, I'll buy it. Not too sure about "All of America" Being in it, though. There's gonna be a lot of compromises in that department... I don't mind, though. Just hope this all turns out well.

MrBaskerville

Mar 15, 2011
Defineately not for me, i always thought that Open World was terrible for driving games because to me, the fun part of playing a driving game is learnng the different stages. Making it open world just defeats the purpose and turns most of the stages bland. But maybe it will make more sense when combined with an mmo.

Buckshaft

Jan 12, 2014
MinionJoe said:
Buckshaft said:
I actually liked TDU and TDU2, ...
I never bought either because Atari decided to put SecuROM in them.

Granted, UPlay probably isn't going to kill your system like SecuROM can, but enough is enough.
I played both on console. DRM? Sorted.

Buckshaft

Jan 12, 2014
MinionJoe said:
Ew. Console.

;)

Are the TDU2 servers still running for X-Box?
Couldn't tell ya. Haven't played in ages. That said, TDU1 Servers were up many a year after that game stopped being popular. So, possibly.