Updated: Uncharted 4: A Thief's End Announced For 2015

BlameTheWizards

Jun 1, 2009
Updated: Uncharted 4: A Thief's End Announced For 2015

Update: Developer Naughty Dog has announced <a href=https://twitter.com/Naughty_Dog/status/476214651009519616>via Twitter that Uncharted 4 will be releasing - you guessed it - in 2015.

Original Story: To close out its E3 press conference, Sony showed a small teaser of the next Uncharted. Titled Uncharted 4: A Thief's End, the trailer, captured "directly from a PS4," showed protagonist Nathan Drake convincing long-time partner Sully to join him "one last time."

There's not much else to report at this point, not even a release date, but the promise of more Uncharted should be enough to get many people excited.

[http://www.escapistmagazine.com/content/e3-2014]

Issurru

Jun 13, 2010
Is it just me or does Nathan Drake look a bit like Nathan Fillion? I dunno maybe I'm crazy. Can't wait to play it...in 2015

BrotherRool

Oct 31, 2008
The release date is November 2015, it always is for Uncharted :p

Although if any game in the franchise is going to get delayed, I bet it would be this one

Issurru said:
Is it just me or does Nathan Drake look a bit like Nathan Fillion? I dunno maybe I'm crazy. Can't wait to play it...in 2015
I've always thought that they based some of the character off Nathan Fillion, more than just the looks even. Drake's got the same cock-sure swaggery charm that's Fillion's bread and butter. If they ever want to say me on a Uncharted film they just have to cast Fillion in the main role

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
He still has his wedding ring. Which makes me think that Elena has been kidnapped, and Drake needs to find this treasure in order to trade it for her safe return. Otherwise, I cannot think of a good reason for him to get back in the game after everything he went through at the end of the third game.

Roofstone

May 13, 2010
I hope we get to kill Australians this time! Just so Yahtzee'll freak out.

Trailer didn't tell me much, it also kinda spoiled it for me. Since Sully has just been shot when I stopped playing yesterday, and he certainly DID look dead.. But oh well.

T_ConX

Mar 8, 2010
I hate this game already, and solely because I wanted it's reveal trailer to be a trailer for The Last Guardian instead...

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
Oh Sony you vile temptress, after playing inFAMOUS: Second Son on a friends console I'd convinced myself that I wouldn't need to buy a PS4....
And then you go and do a thing like this!

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
Sniper Team 4 said:
He still has his wedding ring. Which makes me think that Elena has been kidnapped, and Drake needs to find this treasure in order to trade it for her safe return. Otherwise, I cannot think of a good reason for him to get back in the game after everything he went through at the end of the third game.
really? the Uncharted games basically go full circle everytime, he ends up just where he started , hell I bet him and Elana have broken up at the start of this one....cause if your gonna do it three times you might as well demonstrate your lack of "effs" given and do it four...make it a record...

OT: [i/]awwww is dwakey sad? wheres my tiny violin....[/i]

Voulan

Jul 18, 2011
Well well well. I didn't expect Naughty Dog to end the series (or at least the Drake saga) so soon. At least they know to end it on a high and apparently dramatic note.

I'll look forward to more news.

Jandau

Smug Platypus
Dec 19, 2008
Also, coming soon - Thief 4: Uncharted End

Sorry, had to get it out of my system... carry on.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Sorry Naughty Dog, but after The Last of Us you're gonna have to bring something extraordinarily special to the table to make me want to expose myself to this franchise again. And with the lack of Amy Henning and Nate Wells that's going to be a tall order.

redknightalex

Elusive Paragon
Aug 31, 2012
Looks like this game is alive and well even after all the departures from the company. I love the Uncharted series but I'd really like them to have this be their closing chapter and I'm guessing by the title this game might be it....at least with Nathan Drake and pals.

But the trailer wasn't anything much at all. Pretty graphics, yes, but substance was lacking. At least it still exists!

SNCommand

Aug 29, 2011
Uncharted should be right on track to bring in the aliens, wondering if they're gonna nuke the fridge too

jFr[e]ak93

Apr 9, 2010
Casual Shinji said:
Sorry Naughty Dog, but after The Last of Us you're gonna have to bring something extraordinarily special to the table to make me want to expose myself to this franchise again. And with the lack of Amy Henning and Nate Wells that's going to be a tall order.
I get a sense that they are going to be pretty story heavy on this one.

I have yet to play 2 and 3, but from what I gather, they build their games around set pieces.
I feel like this may be more of a character study on Drake... sorta along the lines of The Last Crusade vs Raiders.

Lightknight

Mugwamp Supreme
Nov 26, 2008
This series has been one of my favorites since Uncharted 2. They're usually beautiful games (visually) that put you in really epic Indiana Jones-esque situations.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
jFr[e said:
ak93]
Casual Shinji said:
I get a sense that they are going to be pretty story heavy on this one.

I have yet to play 2 and 3, but from what I gather, they build their games around set pieces.
I feel like this may be more of a character study on Drake... sorta along the lines of The Last Crusade vs Raiders.
They've always been very story heavy. And they already did the character study in Uncharted 3, but then totally botched it up. Sorta like that entire game in general.

But what I meant was that TLoU really perfected the third-person, jack-of-all-trades action that the Uncharted games were striving for, but never succeeded at. If this game is just going to be the same wack-a-mole cover shooting that I'm used to from this series I think I'm gonna skip it.

an annoyed writer

Exalted Lady of The Meep :3
Jun 21, 2012
I'm gonna go on a bit of a thought exercise here, if you people don't mind. Now, maybe I'm just overreaching here, but from the tone of Nate's and Sully's voices it sounds like Nate REALLY doesn't want to be in the game anymore. He has to go in, but he sure as shit doesn't want to go back in. It makes me wonder, if this is the game where we might see it all really catch up to him, and finally break him? He's been lucky so far, layered up in all of that plot armor, seemingly impervious to all of the shit that's been tossed at him. Armor doesn't last though. It chips off, cracks, and falls apart after enough time. Will he die? Will those he loves die? Or is Naughty Dog too safe to take such a risk? They've been taking darker and darker directions as a studio ever since they left the Crash series behind. I wouldn't put that idea past them after The Last of Us came out, and especially with a lack of Amy Henning at the helm. The cynic in me says that's not gonna happen, they've got too much bank on these characters to kill them now, but after seeing some blockbuster franchises recently being laid to rest in what is arguably their prime, it really makes me wonder if this is the end of the road for Nate.

SerBrittanicus

Jul 22, 2013
A new Naughty Dog is one of the few things that will make me buy one of the new consoles. I will of course wait for reviews, but chances are I will be buying a PS4 purely for this game.