Super Smash Bros. For 3DS Gets Official Release Date

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Super Smash Bros. For 3DS Gets Official Release Date

The 3DS version of Super Smash Bros. will launch on October 3, 2014.

Read Full Article

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
They said it would be out during this summer though...and that is quite clearly the fall season...and it is close to the release of the Wii U version...
Welp, looks like the summer game drought continues on I guess. :/

Hazy992

Why does this place still exist
Aug 1, 2010
Ugghh... They said it was coming put in Summer. I was looking forward to playing it! :/

What's the point of even releasing them separately if the dates are that close?

themilo504

May 9, 2010
that?s rather disappointing, I was looking forward to playing this game during my vacation.

azurine

Jan 20, 2011
So no game developer ever thinks about vacation time, or school schedules, or empty game release periods?
"NOPE! Christmas. Ship it for Christmas."

Dragonbums

Indulge in it's whiffy sensation
May 9, 2013
azurine said:
So no game developer ever thinks about vacation time, or school schedules, or empty game release periods?
Well October 3rd according to my calendar is a Friday. Not only that but Nintendo is honestly one of the few game companies that can basically release a game on whatever date they want. It's the smaller ones that will have even more trouble stepping around their release dates.

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
Dragonbums said:
azurine said:
Well October 3rd according to my calendar is a Friday. Not only that but Nintendo is honestly one of the few game companies that can basically release a game on whatever date they want. It's the smaller ones that will have even more trouble stepping around their release dates.
Still doesn't fix the summer drought though. Many people, myself included, were hoping for Smash Bros during summer like was said in the Smash Direct to tide us over. Now the summer drought is in full swing, and it'll be dull and sad.

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
I had no doubt they were going to push it back to the Fall Christmas Blitz.
It's what you do when you're trying to boost end profits.

On the bright side, someone owes me 20 bucks now.

Dragonbums

Indulge in it's whiffy sensation
May 9, 2013
Neronium said:
Dragonbums said:
azurine said:
Still doesn't fix the summer drought though. Many people, myself included, were hoping for Smash Bros during summer like was said in the Smash Direct to tide us over. Now the summer drought is in full swing, and it'll be dull and sad.
Yeah. But I think in the Direct they had bugs that needed fixing so they delayed it? Or at least that's what they implied. For me it's a little bit better since I recently bought Metroid Prime 1 and 2 for the Gamecube and I have a backlog of DS games that I always wanted to play but didn't have the money for. Right now I'm going through Mario 64 DS and looking out for Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story.