Naruto, Dragon Ball Z, and More Manga Arrive On ComiXology

MarlaDesat

Aug 22, 2013
Naruto, Dragon Ball Z, and More Manga Arrive On ComiXology

VIZ Media joins ComiXology to digitally distribute over 500 manga volumes.

ComiXology announced today that it has partnered with VIZ media to distribute digital manga comics to North America. Starting today, the comiXology catalogue includes fan-favorite manga series Naruto, One Piece, Bleach,Dragon Ball Z, and several other titles. VIZ Media is the largest North American distributor of manga, with the largest library of manga for English speaking audiences. All the new manga titles can be read using comiXology's Manga Fixed Format, which allows reading full pages of manga from right to left. Over 500 volumes of VIZ Media manga are now available.

ComiXology CEO David Steinberger says, "Launching over 500 volumes of VIZ Media manga is amazing for our manga fans. The addition of VIZ Media today marks a huge increase in our manga offerings and I, for one, cannot wait to dive into today's releases and the many thousands yet to come." Gagan Singh, VIZ Media's Executive Vice President, says, "We're excited to bring our great catalog of VIZ Media titles to comiXology. ComiXology is the premier destination for digital comics and we're happy to help make them the destination for manga. We can't wait for manga fans to experience comiXology's high resolution Manga Fixed Format developed especially for this content."

VIZ Media also sells acquiring ComiXology [http://www.viz.com/manga/digital].

The full list of manga titles launched today include:
BAKUMAN - ALL VOLUMES
BLEACH - ALL VOLUMES AND SAME DAY AS PRINT
BLUE EXORCIST
CLAYMORE
DEATH NOTE
DRAGON BALL FULL COLOR (SAIYAJIN)
DRAGON BALL/ DRAGON BALL Z
HIKARU NO GO
KNIGHTS OF THE ZODIAC
NANA
NARUTO
ONE PIECE
ONE-PUNCH MAN
ROSARIO + VAMPIRE
ROSARIO + VAMPIRE SEASON II
RUROUNI KENSHIN
RUROUNI KENSHIN: RESTORATION
SHAMAN KING
TENJO TENGE
THE PRINCE OF TENNIS
Source: ComiXology [http://comixology.tumblr.com/viz-on-comixology]

[http://www.escapistmagazine.com/content/e3-2014]

Objectable

Oct 31, 2013
YES! I can finally show the world the glory that is Rurouni Kenshin!
Now, when are we getting Sailor Moon and Ouran Highschool Host Club?

Kameburger

Turtle king
Apr 7, 2012
I think this is fine except, the viz app still has in app purchases and the same titles and more(minus individual chapters maybe).

But it's definitely not a bad thing.

Fox12

AccursedT- see you space cowboy
Jun 6, 2013
...this pleases me.

This is the one thing I've always hated about comixology, since, frankly, I found that Manga tend to be better written then American comics, while also being harder to find. It looks like I'll be getting some Claymore and Rurouni Kenshin soon. Hopefully there will be a much larger offering available in the future.

Now if only SOMEONE would release Berserk digitally, we could all be happy!

(Expletives illegal on the Escapist and at least 17 countries. Censored for nerd rage)

Malbourne

Ari!
Sep 4, 2013
This was by far the most joy-inducing e-mail I've received from Comixology, especially when I saw Shaman King and One Piece. For the most part manga titles were romances and the like. Slim pickings.

But now I can expand my horizons and whatever! All without leaving the comfort of wherever there aren't physical copies and without smudging the pages.

CriticalMiss

Jan 18, 2013
If it weren't for Amazon buying Comixology I'd be excited about this :( Guess I'll stick with buying physical volumes instead.