5 Video Games That Played Like Comic Books

Fanghawk

Feb 17, 2011
5 Video Games That Played Like Comic Books

Comic books aren't just gracing our movie screens: they're a mainstay in today's gaming market, too.

Read Full Article

RealRT

Feb 28, 2014
Fuck yeah, Comix Zone! The other games in this list aren't slouches, but Comix Zone deserves more recognition.

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
I remember liking XIII, it's sad it ended on a cliffhanger, I guess Ubisoft had more sequels planned, it's a shame they didn't ge the chance to continue the story.

TheMadDoctorsCat

Apr 2, 2008
RealRT said:
Fuck yeah, Comix Zone! The other games in this list aren't slouches, but Comix Zone deserves more recognition.
Agreed, although it was one of those games that everyone played but nobody finished.

...Except me. I finished it. I even got the "good ending" after a few tries. (Saving the girl at the end is pretty damn hard.)

RealRT

Feb 28, 2014
TheMadDoctorsCat said:
RealRT said:
Agreed, although it was one of those games that everyone played but nobody finished.

...Except me. I finished it. I even got the "good ending" after a few tries. (Saving the girl at the end is pretty damn hard.)
I've beaten it several times over. Actually, getting the good ending ain't so hard - lure Mortus to the lowest level, then pull the lever. He'll be hurt by rocket emissions. Do it several times and he'll be done with quickly. Then git the flying bastards and save Alyssa.

Uriel_Hayabusa

Apr 7, 2014
I'm one of those people who found Comix Zone way too hard, I don't think I've even managed to get through the first level the few times I played it.

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
Good article, nice choices however:

Most readers will be more familiar with 2005's XIII than the original French comic book, but Ubisoft was certainly didn't hide its graphic novel roots

proof read, proof read, proof read!