Paranoia Bundle of Holding Says Happiness Is Mandatory

Fanghawk

Feb 17, 2011
Paranoia Bundle of Holding Says Happiness Is Mandatory

The Paranoia Bundle of Holding introduces you to player characters who may be traitors. Which your character certainly is.

I am feeling very happy. The Computer wants me to tell you that there is a new Bundle of Holding available. It contains the 2004 Mongoose edition of the Paranoia RPG, and it will make you happy too. It may also vaporize you or make you explode. The Computer is you friend.

Paranoia campaigns aren't exactly the usual "level up and loot stuff" games you'd find in traditional roleplaying books. Players are Troubleshooters, agents of an insane Computer that controls a vast Orwellian society. Trouble is, there's a lot you don't know about the game until it's too late. Mission objectives often directly contradict each other. Players are members of other secret societies with their own hidden goals. And to top it all off, players technically aren't even allowed to be told the game's rules. Well, other than "The GM is always right" and "Happiness is mandatory". The result is a roleplaying game that will spiral out of control very quickly... which of course is the entire point. (I may have said too much.)

Paying $9.95 into the base bundle provides the core Paranoia game, the Criminal Histories expanded character generator, a printable GM screen, and the Mandatory Fun Enforcement Pack mission blender. Paying above the average will get you the Crash Priority and Flashbacks mission books, The Mutant Experience sourcebook, The Traitor's Manual secret society guide, and an equipment book called Stuff. More books will be released during the bundle's duration, but I can't tell you what they are while The Computer is watching. The Computer is such a good friend.

The Paranoia Bundle of Holding runs for the next 11 days. If you haven't picked it up by that time, I'm going to have to assume you're in a secret society.

Source: <a href=http://bundleofholding.com/index/current>The Computer

MCerberus

Jun 26, 2013
Whoever is in charge of printing is obviously a traitor. I mean, look at the border. RED.
Wait a minute, all citizens of red clearance are clearly traitors. Report for mandatory funecutions.

The computer is your friend.

Baldr

The Noble
Jan 6, 2010
This is the funnest Pen and Paper RPGs I have ever played, especially if you have a very good GM. I remember back in the day reading online accounts of games people blogging play sessions on a website and just not being able to breath, laughing so hard. Wait I only have Infrared clearan...

qa

d
&#1041;&#1086;&#1083;&#1090;&#1091;&#769;&#1085; ? &#1085;&#1072;&#1093;&#1086;&#769;&#1076;&#1082;&#1072; &#1076;&#1083;&#1103; &#1096;&#1087;&#1080;&#1086;&#769;&#1085;&#1072;

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
MCerberus said:
Whoever is in charge of printing is obviously a traitor. I mean, look at the border. RED.
Wait a minute, all citizens of red clearance are clearly traitors. Report for mandatory funecutions.

That sounds like treasonous talk to me, you filthy subversive!!! Get him, FOR THE COMPUTER!!!!

Uratoh

Jun 10, 2011
As much as I'd like to get in on the IC nonsense, I thought I'd chime in with some memories of playing...like the time my character killed another one...and then planted his own communist pamphlets on the dead guy to frame him and justify the killing. Or another person who was a mutant who had telekinesis, and levitated someone else, then executed them for clearly being a mutant with the power to fly. And that's just games I was *IN*, I've heard some really crazy anecdotes.

Albino Boo

Jun 14, 2010
Imperioratorex Caprae said:
MCerberus said:

That sounds like treasonous talk to me, you filthy subversive!!! Get him, FOR THE COMPUTER!!!!
Forewarned is forearmed. Four armed is a mutation, please report for termination. "Be pure, be vigilant, behave" your friendly computer.

Fasckira

Dice Tart
Oct 22, 2009
Was delighted to see it, but its a shame its not the newest version(s) (Troublershooter/IntSec/Ultraviolet)!

Soulrender95

May 13, 2011
I loved playing this back in collage, crazy crazy times, had a really fun Computer, my favourite memories were when I backstabbed another player so he hacked the system to make it so I had to live with the Infra-reds in a spackle covered hell hole, I cleared out the place and it turned out (for that game) that Spackle was essentially Tobacco and despite heavy taxes from the Computer I was basically so rich that despite my clearance rank being Orange I could buy my way out of any problem, fun times.
Almost as crazy was the time the team nearly wiped itself out trying to guard a glass of water (we didn't have the clearance level to know it was just water at the time).

Schadrach

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 20, 2010
Country
US
So is this classic Paranoia, Paranoia XP, or the Anniversary Edition?

'cause I have the Paranoia XP core book and all three anniversary edition core books as well as the mission pack redeux and Termination Quota Exceeded (I spent part of a large amount of Mongoose store credit I had on it, also have a complete set of Legend books, still have around $50 in Mongoose store credit left).

Also, the best piece of Paranoia gear ever was the personal disintegrator. It does exactly what it says on the tin -- it disintegrates your person. It's amazing how often people will entirely misunderstand such a straightforward concept.

epicdwarf

Apr 9, 2014
I almost jumped for joy when I saw this!!!!!!

I have been searching for a copy of this game/edition EVERYWHERE! I have an unopened german version of Troubleshooters(Did not know it was german when I bought it) in my room. Now I can finally get not only the game, but the edition I was originally looking for!

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
First time I played this, my character was Rainman. Creeped the hell out of one of my friends.

This is worth getting for loads of laughs. DO IT or my friend the Computer will not be happy.