The Hollywood Science Fiction Museum Is Just Getting Started

Mike Hoffman

In the middle of calibrations...
Sep 25, 2013
The Hollywood Science Fiction Museum Is Just Getting Started

What is in the proposed finished product? The lobby features huge, suspended models of the Enterprise from Star Trek: The Next Generation and Star Wars' Millennium Falcon. The various exhibit halls include a variety of ships, cars, and robots from science fiction. Serenity (Firefly), the TARDIS (Doctor Who), Vipers (Battlestar Galactica), AT-ATs (Star Wars), Back To The Future's DeLorean, various Batmobiles, Iron Man, the T-800 (Terminator), R2-D2, C3PO, and so very many more. The museum would include a theater, lasertag, and even be 100% solar powered.

One concept the Kickstarter page and official website visit repeatedly is that the museum would also work to bring in real life science as well. The Hall of Real Robots, for instance, would display a rotating exhibit of robots from various organization around the world, such as [a href="http://asimo.honda.com/"]Honda's Asimo[/a] or the Mars Rover. Science fiction has always been a point of contact for young people that eventually find themselves in STEM fields (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) and the Hollywood Science Fiction Museum seems intent to help young people draw that connection.

[gallery=2732]

As exciting as all of that is, the Hollywood Science Fiction Museum is a huge, expensive undertaking put together by a group of enthusiasts and fans. Hopefully, they will gain the interest they need to make this a reality. The initial Kickstarter was fully funded yesterday and even managed to surpass the goal by ten thousand dollars. We'll see if that momentum can be maintained in future campaigns.

Source: [a href="http://www.hollywoodscifi.org/"]Official site[/a], [a href="https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/newstarship/hollywood-sci-fi-science-fiction-museum"]Kickstarter[/a]

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
"Hey, let's go visit a museum kids."

"Awwww, but I don't wanna learn about farm equipment and how they used to build roads."

"Oh don't worry... Where we're going, we don't need roads."

I cannot approve of this enough.

Veldel

Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Legacy
Apr 28, 2010
Lost in my mind
Country
US
wait your telling me we get a museum that will be all about SCIENCE FICTION AND SCIENCE

Man if I ever have kids this will be 1 place I will take them. Tho I do plan to go sometime in my life.

Im drooling from this. Normaly id be ashamed but because the subject matter im proud. xD

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
That sound so awesome! Shame there isn't one in the UK (or is there?).

TiberiusEsuriens

Jun 24, 2010
For those NOT interested in throwing money at kickstarter, there's going to be a open all-type science fiction museum opening in Washington D.C. in the next few years. The plans are to cover books, movies, tv, and games, ranging from now back to the birth of TV.