Star Wars Gets the Guardians of the Galaxy Treatment in This Must-Watch Trailer

Alex Co

Dec 11, 2013
Star Wars Gets the Guardians of the Galaxy Treatment in This Must-Watch Trailer

Luke, Han, Darth Vader and more appear in this fan-made video showcasing Star Wars characters done Guardians of the Galaxy style.

You might have already seen the YouTuber "The Unusual Suspect" [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/134611-Watch-the-New-Full-Length-Guardians-of-the-Galaxy-Trailer-Here] uses old Star Wars footage (yes, from the "good" trilogy), and mixes it in with audio and fonts from the latest Guardians of the Galaxy trailer.

Both movie franchises have been active in the news lately, with Rian Johnson will write and direct Star Wars: Episode VIII. [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/135571-Yep-Guardians-of-the-Galaxy-Spoilers-Are-Popping-Up-Online-UPDATED]

Guardians of the Galaxy is set to hit theaters in North America on August 1, while the next entry in the Star Wars films, Star Wars: Episode VII is scheduled for a December 18, 2015 release.

Source: YouTube [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLyNMSkTiGg]

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
I was disappointed at the lack of "Hooked on a Feeling," and then it hit.

Not a knock on Norm Greenbaum, but one of the things I reeeeeeeally took away from GotG's trailer was "OOGA CHAKA OOGA CHAKA!"

The trailer is absurd and silly and I love it.

Sigmund Av Volsung

Hella noided
Dec 11, 2009
Oh God ;D

I really can't wait for GotG, a movie that can have fun without taking itself too seriously is a warm welcome.

Although, that could just be clever marketing, because this made Star Wars seem even zanier ;D

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
And that folks, is just how powerful selective editing can be.

All he needed to do was change the trailer music and selectively clip in the comedic moments of an otherwise serious series to completely change the apparent tone.

*claps* Brilliantly done. I mean that.

J Tyran

Dec 15, 2011
The main thing I take away after its awesomeness is just how well "spirit in the sky" works for Star Wars.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
"I'll never turn to the Dark Side."
"WHAT?"

That made me laugh. It's amazing how just rearranging clips from a trilogy I have watched countless times makes it seem like a whole new movie. I hope that the real Star Wars trailer, when it finally does come out, gets me as excited as this fan-made work did.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Very well done indeed.

But I have to admit, for a second I was all "Holy shit the first trailer for the new Star Wars is out?!"

None such luck I'm afraid.

PlasmaCow

Jul 18, 2009
man, we really need more irreverently silly proper genre action comedies unlike the stupid dross we get these days like those damn "Movie" Movies

the7ofswords

Apr 9, 2009
Wow ... I can't believe they missed an opportunity to call it Guardians of a Galaxy Far, Far Away.

Excellent job, though!

Basement Cat

Keeping the Peace is Relaxing
Jul 26, 2012
That was a dose of 100% Pure Awesome!

The intensity of Luke's intro had me blinking in surprise at how effective the selective editing was at introducing Luke as a badass...and then the funny editing came into play.
Sniper Team 4 said:
"I'll never turn to the Dark Side."
"WHAT?"
This was just fun! :)