8 Absolutely Bizarre Sonic the Hedgehog Characters

Keirgo

Mar 19, 2010

None of these are bizarre at all. I mean, Charmy comes close because you could claim that it's weird to have a bug bumped up to a big enough size to exist amongst everyone else, but that'd be it. There isn't really anything given as to why they would be considered weird, it reads more like it's just a list of characters who exist. Most of whom are the Chaotix.

Except for Chao. That adorable little water-drop-doughball is a bit strange.

Sigmund Av Volsung

Hella noided
Dec 11, 2009
Sonic's story and the characters always gave off this vibe of really, really bad fan fiction to me.

I am disappointed at the lack of Rouge the Bat, who has mammaries, even though she is a goddamn bat.

But I suppose all these characters are weird anyway.

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
I don't find these bizarre at all. I find Charmy lame and Rouge the Bat gets a little too 'big' in some pictures I've seen, but that's it really. Also, you only know Blaze from Sonic 06'? Eww

- I would of picked that stupid fairy rat thing with the goofy voice that follows you around in Sonic Unleashed.
- Silver because of his random psychic powers. Also that he's so weak in Sonic 06' while the cut-scenes make him look unstoppable.
- Actually, Dr. Robotnik is pretty damn bizarre with his weird fashion and that he somehow always survives. And even though he's fat he can outrun Sonic in some of the games.
- Then there is that random genie character in one of the racing games.
- Maybe Mephilis because of all his different forms, though I think I'm confusing something.

Yeah, that's all I got.

RealRT

Feb 28, 2014
Blaze the Cat is not of this time, she's traveled with Silver Sonic (What?)
What indeed. First of all, she traveled with Silver the Hedgehog who is a completely separate character from Sonic. Second, Silver Sonic is a different character altogether, a robotic duplicate of Sonic whose only appearance was in Sonic 2.

Malbourne

Ari!
Sep 4, 2013
I thought bizarre defined Sonic characters in the first place. XD

Can't help but notice Team Chaotix getting some spotlight, yet Mighty the Armadillo is suspiciously absent.

Chaos the "God of Destruction" and anything related to him ooze bizarre. Still, that Perfect Chaos was pretty swanky.

Ulquiorra4sama

Saviour In the Clockwork
Feb 2, 2010
I still can't get it out of my head what Yahtzee once said about "Cream the Rabbit" sounding more like instructions than a character...

OT: What about Bunnie D'Coolette? She's got one robotic arm and leg because Robotnik of the old series tried to turn her into a robot, but got yanked out of the process by Sonic. Seems pretty bizarre for something that's generally kids friendly.

Arqus_Zed

Aug 12, 2009
Sigmund Av Volsung said:
Sonic's story and the characters always gave off this vibe of really, really bad fan fiction to me.

I am disappointed at the lack of Rouge the Bat, who has mammaries, even though she is a goddamn bat.

But I suppose all these characters are weird anyway.
Uhm, bats have mammary glands, so why is it so weird that a female would get actual 'breasts' when making an anthropomorphic version of said animal?

I'm not defending the look of the character, my God no, what with the make-up, hot-pink color palette - not to mention pretty much all characters of the Sonic franchise look awkward when made out of polygons. But I still don't get what is so 'unbelievable' about the whole mammaries/bat thing.