The Witcher 3 Internal Design Documents Revealed in Huge Leak

roseofbattle

News Room Contributor
Apr 18, 2011
The Witcher 3 Internal Design Documents Revealed in Huge Leak

The documents reveal details about The Witcher 3's story, missions, enemies, the ending, and "boob physics."

Spoilers for CD Projekt RED's upcoming game, The Witcher 3 are online following the stealing of a CD Projekt RED employee's Google Drive information, accidentally made public. The files were then posted to 4chan and Reddit. [http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/28rq2p/witcher_3_design_documents_have_been_leaked_set/]

The files include spoilers for The Witcher 3's story, missions, enemies, an expansive map, and the ending. CD Projekt RED advises against accessing the files so that fans avoid any spoilers. "It has come to our attention that some of the production files for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt have emerged on the internet," Michal Platkow-Gilewski, head of CD Projekt RED marketing, said of the leak. "A portion of the files contains information about the story of the game, so we strongly advise against accessing them, as this may heavily impact and spoil your future gaming experience." Additionally, he stated the leak does not affect the development cycle whatsoever.

The files indicate that exclusive features may be available in the Xbox One version. A document states, "SmartGlass will not be supported yet," and "Kinect will not be supported yet." A different document states that CD Projekt RED had reached a "fully functioning, full-featured core version of the game with main path story and plot quests for all characters completed and implemented" this February. There's still a long list of tasks, including final music, dialogue recording, and debugging.

Additionally, in the leaked internal design documents is one concerning the E3 demo. It describes how the opening sequence will play: "We start with a cut-scene with the camera descending down on the Baron's castle, showing off the lovely open world surrounding it. The camera tracks in on the window of the cottage where we talk to Keira Metz. Cue dialogue.

"We talk to Keira Metz and she gives us a task: remove the curse from the tower in the swamps. (Boob physics eye candy, appropriately prepared dialogue)."

Along with the casual sexism, this leak is a bit embarrassing for CD Projekt RED, but it will not alter the game's development cycle. The Witcher 3 will release on February 24, 2015, for PS4, Xbox One, and PC.

Source: Eurogamer [http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/28rq2p/witcher_3_design_documents_have_been_leaked_set/]

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
roseofbattle said:
(Boob physics eye candy, appropriately prepared dialogue)."
NO GUYS THIS SERIES IS ONE OF THE MOST MATURE AND ENGAGING ONES IN ALL OF GAMING WAIT WHERE ARE YOU GOING [sub]WHY DOES NOBODY LISTEN TO ME[/sub][sub][sub]PLEASE THERE AREN'T THAT MANY BOOBS IT'S MATURE[/sub][/sub]

That being said, when TW2 wasn't being all too pandery I did enjoy it well enough, and I'll probably play this as well, just hope I don't run into any major spoilers.

Fdzzaigl

Mar 31, 2010
Boob physics are boob physics, unless we start putting in politically correct names for that haha.

Ah well, the Witcher is that kind of game, but it does the sex in a fairly mature way.

Candidus

Dec 17, 2009
Boob physics are eye candy if you're that way inclined. Describing things as they are = casual sexism in the new world!

...Says a handful of people who can go collect their own romance card.

Never mind them! Looking forward to TW3!

90sgamer

Jan 12, 2012
Carly, I don't think you know what sexism is. Why did you you link to reddit but not 4chan? That't racist.

-Seraph-

May 19, 2008
Well...I'm not getting myself spoiled on this one, try my damned hardest. I generally am not too miffed with spoiler a lot of the time as presentation is key for me. This game though, I will avoid those spoilers like the damn plague.

That said, it's a shame this stuff got leaked so far off from release. Just really sucks that some people might have some surprises ruined for them because everything gets bloody leaked these days....

Also boob physics, eye candy, and all that jazz doesn't surprise me when it comes to Keira Metz....she's pretty much walking sex appeal in the books.

The Artificially Prolonged

Random Semi-Frequent Poster
Jul 15, 2008
RedBackDragon said:
Adam Jensen said:
Boobs jiggle. That is the reality. Nothing controversial about that so deal with it and move on.
as a homosexual i demand package jiggle~~
I believe the technical term is wiggle physics in this case. :p

You never know with CD Projeckt relaxed view to nudity, they might include a shot of Geralt's third sword for the guys and girls who'd liked that. It's only fair in my mind.

Shamanic Rhythm

Dec 6, 2009
Oh yes, remind us all how this game is so 'mature'. "Oh yeah guys, don't forget that we need some dialogue during the boob physics."

kuolonen

Nov 19, 2009
The Artificially Prolonged said:
RedBackDragon said:
Adam Jensen said:
Boobs jiggle. That is the reality. Nothing controversial about that so deal with it and move on.
I believe the technical term is wiggle physics in this case. :p

You never know with CD Projeckt relaxed view to nudity, they might include a shot of Geralt's third sword for the guys and girls who'd liked that. It's only fair in my mind.
Oh please. Americans are so deathly afraid of penises, that a game that has one would get instantly burned by various moral guardians, who still cling to belief games are only for kids.

OT: Yup. I knew what the comment section would be full of the second I saw the magic word. And the word boob physics is now sexism then? Oh joy.

Azahul

Apr 16, 2011
Shamanic Rhythm said:
Oh yes, remind us all how this game is so 'mature'. "Oh yeah guys, don't forget that we need some dialogue during the boob physics."
Mature in the same way as the Game of Thrones. Boobs everywhere, but if you look past it there's some reasonably interesting stuff going on in the background.

Burnouts3s3

Jan 20, 2012
I think it brings up an interesting topic to talk about: Is Triss more than eye-candy or is she simply Geralt's love interest?

I think she has a lot of personality to her and positive aspects to her character, but I did see her being reduced to, yes, a damsel in distress in the 2nd game.

Username Redacted

Dec 29, 2010
Fdzzaigl said:
Boob physics are boob physics, unless we start putting in politically correct names for that haha.

Ah well, the Witcher is that kind of game, but it does the sex in a fairly mature way.
I believe the PC (politically correct not personal computer) term for boob/jiggle physics is mammary gravitational systems.

Syntax Error

Sep 7, 2008
Your main protagonist is a meaty beefcake of a man that's sterile AND immune to all diseases. What else can you expect?

Seriously though, I won't access the files, cuz SPOILERS, but the response is what we expect of CDPR. They're total bros! Instead of damage control, they treat their fanbase like the adults they are.

EDIT:
And if you actually read the books, the females in this universe range from Damsels in Distress to the utterly freaking terrifying. Yennefer and Triss are just as likely to roast Geralt alive if they so wanted than the next hellbeast Geralt is paid to slay.

Grape_Nuts

Mar 23, 2011
If the existence of Xbone exclusive features is confirmed later on, I'll have no choice but to boycott it.

Saulkar

Legacy
Aug 25, 2010
Country
Canuckistan
RedBackDragon said:
Adam Jensen said:
Do not forget male butt physics, male (preferably nude) butt physics are a must when it comes to these kind of games. Strong, sinew muscle and skin simulations with amble amounts of sub-surface-scattering, tone maps, and specular bump!

RedBackDragon

Apr 22, 2013
Saulkar said:
RedBackDragon said:
Adam Jensen said:
Do not forgot male butt physics, male (preferably nude) butt physics are a must when it comes to these kind of games. Strong, sinew muscle and skin simulations with amble amounts of sub-surface-scattering, tone maps, and specular bump!
oh hell yes , and with full vanity camera functionality so you can see it from every sweet sexy angle.

Saulkar

Legacy
Aug 25, 2010
Country
Canuckistan
RedBackDragon said:
Saulkar said:
RedBackDragon said:
Adam Jensen said:
Do not forget (shameless typo correction) male butt physics, male (preferably nude) butt physics are a must when it comes to these kind of games. Strong, sinew muscle and skin simulations with amble amounts of sub-surface-scattering, tone maps, and specular bump!
oh hell yes , and with full vanity camera functionality so you can see it from every sweet sexy angle.
Bottom orthographic would be dope though it may give more than one moral nanny's glasses a crack in the lens at the ESRB. XD

Varis

lp0 on fire
Feb 24, 2012
It's nice to see every once in a while when these kinds of leaks happen, that the developers don't go apeshit over it. Just warn about spoilers and move on, it's pleasant to read.