GOG Adrenaline Rush Sale Offers Huge Discounts, Free Games

StewShearerOld

Geekdad News Writer
Jan 5, 2013
GOG Adrenaline Rush Sale Offers Huge Discounts, Free Games

GOG has launched 24-hour Adrenaline Rush sale will include free giveaways games and prices slashed by as much as 90 percent.

While the discount spotlight is, at this point, pretty much fixed on Steam's summer parade of slashed prices, it's worth remembering that Valve's cash printer isn't the only digital games storefront currently riding the train to discount town. Hoping, in turn, to remind gamers of that fact and perhaps draw some customers back to its own summer sale, GOG <a href=http://www.gog.com/news/2014_drmfree_summer_sale>has announced a day of deep discounts cutting its game's prices by as much as 90 percent.

Included among today's sale items will be a variety of single and collections that will include retro games, indie titles and a wide swathe of genres. For instance, if you were to head over to GOG at the exact moment that this article's being written (12:41 EST) you'd be able to pick up Hotline Miami, Nexus: The Jupiter Incident and Carmageddon 2 for $2 each (80 percent off). According to GOG's release, the day's offerings will also include a variety of giveaway games that attentive customers will be able to snag for free.

Of course, the Adrenaline Rush sale event is only running for 24 hours so if there's a particular GOG game that you've had your eye on, you may want to check into the site regularly to make sure it's not sitting there all discounted and ripe for the PayPal-ing.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Birds fly, fish swim, and GOG.com is awesome and offers great deals on games. Thanks for the heads up, I'm gonna keep an eye on the website and see if I can grab any last minute deals.

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
GOG has gotten more of my business so far than Steam. It's hard to pass up a good game for under three bucks.

Jaeger_CDN

Aug 9, 2010
I've tended to purchase from GOG if they offer the same game as Steam. Don't get me wrong, I have a backlog on both services but if they both offer the same game and one is DRMless my money is going there first.

RicoADF

Welcome back Commander
Jun 2, 2009
Jaeger_CDN said:
I've tended to purchase from GOG if they offer the same game as Steam. Don't get me wrong, I have a backlog on both services but if they both offer the same game and one is DRMless my money is going there first.
Same here, whenever I can I get from gog, heck there's a few games I got on steam that later came out on gog which I grabbed there too.

Zontar

Mad Max 2019
Feb 18, 2013
I'd probably like the sale on GOG more if the sales where in a more timely manor instead of the odd scheduled it has.

ThreeName

May 8, 2013
I've definitely got more from GOG than Steam, and feel so much better about it too. Their philosophy is just so great.

Ticklefist

Jul 19, 2010
Spent more on GOG than Steam this year. Divinity: Dragon Commander for 11 bucks was a coup and made up for the 6 bones I wasted on Aarklash: Legacy.

MrBrightside919

Oct 2, 2008
Spent WAY more at GOG than STEAM.

Actually, I don't think i've spent ANY money on the STEAM sale (I sold lots of crap on the marketplace and got like 5 bucks total so I bought like 3 games). I dunno, but STEAM sales got really predictable and generally if what you want isn't on sale then you have to wait and wait for maybe a flash sale or just wait days for what you want to go on sale...and then the game you want goes on sale but for not as much as you thought would be discounted.

With the GOG summer sale, not only are they constantly rotating different flash deals (games get 2 hours before they are rotated out), but you can actually see what games are going to be on sale after the current round has rotated out. Also, they have the general game pack deals where you get multiple games for cheap that last the whole day (like STEAM does, but once they are gone, they are gone). I generally keep my eye on the GOG website to see what is coming up next. It's fairly exciting to see what is going on sale.

Not only that, but GOG is giving WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better deals than STEAM could ever dream, in my opinion atleast. Games going on sale for 50-90% off, making them ULTRA cheap and only cost you a few bucks. Sure, they are older games and indie games, but amazing games like System Shock 2 for only around 3 dollars, the telltale adventure games (full seasons) going for around 2-3 dollars, etc.

Plus, all games offered by GOG are completely DRM FREE and are pretty much guaranteed to work on modern computers (or your money back if there is a game breaking bug rendering your game unplayable). CD Project Red actually tries to fix the older titles so that they will work on current systems...unlike STEAM, where older titles they offer seem to have like a 50-50 chance to not work all together. ALSO, the games on GOG come with little extras like strategy guides, maps, references, wallpapers, icons, avatars, music, etc...

...and don't get me started on GOG giving away a few games for free (if you are around to catch them that is). Got 2 games completely for free (would have been 3 but I already got Torchlight for free previously and I own it on STEAM)...

I generally like GOG much better than STEAM to be honest. CD Project Red (the makers of The Witcher games) and GOG are generally way better with things over Valve and STEAM...in my opinion atleast...

Rant over...move along

Magmarock

Sep 1, 2011
I ended up gifting many games to people because I already own 240 games from that site. If more people knew about GOG then Steam would be in trouble.

I think I'd sell my soul for a GOG OS, oh yes.

RyQ_TMC

Apr 24, 2009
Zontar said:
I'd probably like the sale on GOG more if the sales where in a more timely manor instead of the odd scheduled it has.
It doesn't have an "odd schedule", it's just that the Escapist dun goof'd and completely missed when the GOG sale started a month (maybe not that far, but 3 weeks at least) ago. I'm pretty sure there was even a user thread on the forums announcing it. Now they just put the sale on overdrive for 24 hours, with extra deals and flash contests going on. Pretty sure that's just the final day of the sale.

Most games in the store are at -50%, with huge dicounts (down 80-90%) for several games, changing every hour and bundle deals (and one free game giveaway). This has been going on for several weeks and they've been posting info about that on social media all the time. The Escapist announcing it as a "24-hour sale" now that it's almost over is a bit grating, considering that they've wasted no time announcing the start of the Steam sale.

MrBrightside919 said:
CD Projekt RED and GOG aren't the same guys. They're both daughter companies of CD Projekt (game publisher), but GOG does its own fixing to have the games work on modern systems.