Quick Look Behind the Scenes of Jurassic World

Esmeralda Portillo

Jun 16, 2014
Quick Look Behind the Scenes of Jurassic World

A behind the scenes look of Jurassic World with director Colin Trevorrow, and stars Chris Pratt and Bryce Dallas Howard.

It's been about thirteen years since we last ventured through Jurassic Park with Jurassic Park III, and two decades since Steven Spielberg graced us with the original film. Now we're finally going to revisit the wonderful and dangerous world of dinosaurs with Jurassic World, the fourth installment in the series that's set to premiere June 12, 2015.

To hold us over in the meantime, NBC's Today sits down with Chris Pratt and Bryce Dallas Howard, stars of Jurassic World. Today correspondent Jenna Bush Hager also got to chat with director Colin Trevorrow, and ask how Steven Spielberg's been influencing the production.

You can watch the video here [http://www.today.com/video/today/55487750#55487750].

Jurassic World takes place twenty-two years after John Hammond created the dinosaur theme park, and it now works as a functional destination open to the world. In an effort to get more attendance to the park a new attraction is opened, and as always, something goes horribly wrong.

Source: Hollywood Reporter [http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/video-jurassic-world-behind-scenes-714452]

TallanKhan

Aug 13, 2009
I am hugely psyched about this movie but am not entirely sure why. I enjoyed the 1st Jurassic Park, but the 2nd and 3rd instalments elicited little more than a "meh" from me. Plus I'm not sure what they can really do that won't be retreading old ground.

Nevertheless, something just makes me want to see this movie.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
TallanKhan said:
I am hugely psyched about this movie but am not entirely sure why. I enjoyed the 1st Jurassic Park, but the 2nd and 3rd instalments elicited little more than a "meh" from me. Plus I'm not sure what they can really do that won't be retreading old ground.

Nevertheless, something just makes me want to see this movie.
I think it's the "world" in "Jurassic World". There's something alluring about it. Like the scope has broadened past Roman numerals.

Superior Mind

Feb 9, 2009
I'm... conflicted. Jurassic Park has been my favourite movie since it scared the crap out of me when my parents made the ultimately inspired mistake of taking me to see it instead of Aladdin at the movies when I was six, (I realise they were released six months apart, welcome to early 90s film release scheduling in New Zealand.)

I couldn't count how many times I've seen it. I enjoyed the sequel too which still kept the Spielberg genius. I suppose Jurassic Park III was my first full-on introduction at what happens when something you love profoundly disappoints you. Maybe that's clouding my judgement of the decade-and-a-half-later sequel which at this stage I know next to nothing about.

I hope it's awesome. I also hope they still use animatronics from Stan Winston Studios as well as CG. Those things are works of art and I think the main reason that Jurassic Park brought dinosaurs to life in a way that other movies haven't been able to.

TiberiusEsuriens

Jun 24, 2010
TallanKhan said:
The interesting thing about this particular franchise is that (even more so than Alien) each installment is actually part of a different genre. The 1st is almost a thriller horror movie, whereas the 2nd is action/adventure, and the 3rd is almost family friendly. It's no wonder no one likes all three, because they were all marketed to different audiences.

Fans of franchises always hate this way of making movies, but what it means is that everyone gets their own way of enjoying dinosaurs. Even though it means that the next installment may not be exactly what we are expecting, as you questioned it could certainly help to avoid being a pure retread.

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
While I prefer the name Jurassic Park, I'm happy they're not re-using the name like some shit hole movies, though I'm probably not going to see it because I really fucking hate modern movie trends.