Alt+Escape: Use Boxmen

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Alt+Escape: Use Boxmen

Even if Use Boxmen wasn't a fiendishly clever puzzle platformer, it'd be worth playing for the music alone.

Read Full Article

Nexus424

Master Of All That Is Frosty
Dec 26, 2008
Yeah I remember playing this game a little while ago. I gotta say the last couple levels ain't easy. Let's see what happens if I try again.

Dorian Cornelius Jasper

Space Robot From Outer Space
Apr 8, 2008
Pleasant enough until you realize the last levels are all pixel-perfection-demanding exercises in frustration. (Made even more frustrating when you realize people actually did manage to pull it off.)

P00dle

Feb 1, 2009
well the last ones are hard but they are hardly pixelperfectiondemanding exercises.
Just think it trhough carefully, maybe you haven't understood the "right" solution yet.

Great game! Awesome music!

Dorian Cornelius Jasper

Space Robot From Outer Space
Apr 8, 2008
P00dle said:
Just think it trhough carefully, maybe you haven't understood the "right" solution yet.
Figuring it out is not that difficult. Actually timing the execution of the solution is. If you get one step mistimed you either die or have to start over, and I gave up after about ten minutes of constantly repeating level 13 because I was constantly off on the lever-flipping boxmen synchronization by split-seconds. This after repeating the level with the five pillars for another ten minutes because missing even a single step means you simply will not be able to power the generator and move the platform in time.

If you're going to be condescending, at least try to look down on your target for the correct reason--accuracy counts.

P00dle

Feb 1, 2009
Dorian Cornelius Jasper said:
P00dle said:
Figuring it out is not that difficult. Actually timing the execution of the solution is. If you get one step mistimed you either die or have to start over, and I gave up after about ten minutes of constantly repeating level 13 because I was constantly off on the lever-flipping boxmen synchronization by split-seconds. This after repeating the level with the five pillars for another ten minutes because missing even a single step means you simply will not be able to power the generator and move the platform in time.

If you're going to be condescending, at least try to look down on your target for the correct reason--accuracy counts.
Well of course timing is important but level 13 is a puzzle to beat just like the other ones.
Thinking how to solve it was in this game more important than just timing.

Well that's my opinion anyway

Clashero

Aug 15, 2008
P00dle said:
Dorian Cornelius Jasper said:
P00dle said:

Well of course timing is important but level 13 is a puzzle to beat just like the other ones.
Thinking how to solve it was in this game more important than just timing.

Well that's my opinion anyway
Actually, figuring them out (the later levels, that is) is easy. It's the perfect timing that is frustrating.

Still, I liked this game. Very World of Goo.

nik3daz

Jan 1, 2008
I loved this game. Puzzle platformers are my genre of choice. If anyone liked this and has somehow not managed to play Braid, I whole-heartedly recommend it