Fortnite Preview - Forage, Build, Defend, Repeat

Encaen

May 6, 2005
Fortnite Preview - Forage, Build, Defend, Repeat

Epic Games? foray into the expanding field of free-to-play is combat-oriented action building game, Fortnite.

Read Full Article

gamegod25

Jul 10, 2008
"Check out the first game from Epic after Cliff Bleszinski's departure...."

Yeah it's NOT a brown and gray cover shooter! It has color and stylized visual design! XD

Seriously that was my first thought seeing that headline. Saw Fortnite a while back browsing a Game informer issue and it looks pretty cool. Be interesting to see how it all comes together in action. The idea of creating multi story structures and really build a kind of fort (rather than just a collection of towers) is very appealing to me.

And on a side note for all the cartoony visuals I find the husks absolutely horrifying the way they have their skin around their shoulders like a hood. Didn't notice that at first but when I did it was like "wait is that...yeah it is...oh my god!" 0.0

Vivi22

Aug 22, 2010
gamegod25 said:
"Check out the first game from Epic after Cliff Bleszinski's departure...."

Yeah it's NOT a brown and gray cover shooter! It has color and stylized visual design! XD

Seriously that was my first thought seeing that headline.
I didn't even bother reading the article yet. I just saw the pics and immediately thought the same thing. Good to see they're letting their artists make something that isn't an art design abortion this time.

Monoclebear

Robot enthusiast
Sep 29, 2010
Hm, I really like the visual design on the enemies, they look cool.
Although I am wondering if the husks are just skeletons wearing human skin or if they somehow overtake the skeleton of the person and then just walk around in it.
Cause the little ones in the picture had the skin from the head kind of pulled back like the hood of a hoodie.

clippen05

Jul 10, 2012
Well, I can't help but be somewhat disappointed. The game looks great and all, but from the teaser trailer posted a long time ago, I thought it was going to be some open-world survival game, not a mission-based one... I'm sure it will still be good, but it's just not quite I had hoped for.