Ronan the Accuser Speaks in New Guardians of the Galaxy Trailer

StewShearerOld

Geekdad News Writer
Jan 5, 2013
Ronan the Accuser Speaks in New Guardians of the Galaxy Trailer

Marvel's latest trailer for Guardians of the Galaxy gives fans their first taste of Lee Pace's dialogue as Ronan the Accuser.

The march towards Guardians of the Galaxy's August 1st release continues and with it so does Disney and Marvel's epic campaign to market the living space balls out of the film. The latest salvo in their ongoing efforts to make sure you go and see the movie with the talking raccoon (that concept alone should be enough to sell tickets), is a new extended trailer that gives us a more thorough look at the film's villain as well more of the Guardians just interacting with each other in conversation.

The Guardians-hanging-out portions of the film come mostly toward its end of the trailer where get to see an extended version of the scene in which Star-Lord accuses Rocket Raccoon of fake laughing. This leads to an amusing bit with Vin Disel's Groot that sees him participating in a conversation Chewbacca-style - everyone understands what he means even though he only says "I am Groot" - and then eating a piece of himself in a way that's just inexplicably endearing.

Fans of the comic however, will perhaps be more interested in its extensive inclusion of Lee Pace's Ronan the Accuser who we've only seen glimpses of in past footage. Just personally, I was very much left with a vibe similar to Christopher Eccleston's Malekith from Thor: The Dark World. He just struck me as a somewhat generic big-bad to move the plot along and give our plucky heroes someone to fight. Even if that's the case however, it's looking like the Guardians themselves will be more than entertaining enough to carry the movie when it finally hits theaters. Give the trailer a watch and let us know what you think.

Source: <a href=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TU0X-xfj-rQ>MovieClips

Trishbot

May 10, 2011
August 1st can't get here soon enough.

Only thing that would make my life complete with this movie is if Richard Rider showed up as Nova.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Trishbot said:
August 1st can't get here soon enough.

Only thing that would make my life complete with this movie is if Richard Rider showed up as Nova.
I can't second this hard enough!

Richard Rider's what got cosmic Marvel back on the map, so they better do him justice!

Remus

Reprogrammed Spambot
Nov 24, 2012
....What was Groot just doing to himself? Was that pollenization? ....ewwwwww

V4Viewtiful

Feb 12, 2014
Remus said:
....What was Groot just doing to himself? Was that pollenization? ....ewwwwww
I think it's the planet equivalent of eating your nails or something.

Oh and AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaagh! I can't wait XD

Quiotu

Mar 7, 2008
I like the fact that they have Michael Rooker on the placeholder of the video, but if you blink you miss him at the end of it.

Scorpid

Jul 24, 2011
You can stop releasing trailers Marvel I want to see your damn movie so freakin bad already! Why do you keep being cruel and mocking me with the movie you won't let me see yet!? X*(

K.ur

Jul 31, 2013
Quiotu said:
I like the fact that they have Michael Rooker on the placeholder of the video, but if you blink you miss him at the end of it.
For a second i thought it was Ron Perlman. Damn now i want him somehow involved. Has Thanos an actor locked?