Stan Lee Confirms Avengers: Age of Ultron Cameo

Alex Co

Dec 11, 2013
Stan Lee Confirms Avengers: Age of Ultron Cameo

Comic book icon Stan Lee also thinks DC should have him do a cameo in Batman v Superman in order for it make more money.

As if there was any doubt, legendary comic book icon Stan Lee has confirmed that he'll be making a cameo in Avengers: Age of Ultron. This was revealed by Lee himself at the London Film and Comic Con event, where he also mentions how the Marvel films have given unknown actors their breakthrough roles to become stars.

The movies have been great...We have been so lucky. We've got the best directors, the best special effects people and wonderful actors. People that had not been big stars before like the fellow who plays Thor (Chris Hemsworth) - he's wonderful! I was with him yesterday - I did my cameo of course.

Not only did Lee confirm his cameo, but he also mentions that DC should probably ask him to appear in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice in order for the film to make more money.

DC could probably make a lot more money with Superman and Batman if they announced that I'd have a cameo in it! People wouldn't believe it - they'd have to go to the theatre to see it!

Personally, if I was a Warner Bros. exec, I'd ask Stan Lee to appear in a DC movie just as a good luck charm. But understandably, that won't ever happen -- unless we get a Marvel vs. DC crossover film of some sort.

For more Avengers: Age of Ultron news, make sure you read this (potentially spoiler-ish) confirmed to appear in Age of Ultron though at a still unspecific role. [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/135829-Rumor-The-Post-Avengers-2-Plan-For-The-Hulk]

Source: Digital Spy [http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a583802/stan-lee-dc-should-ask-me-to-do-cameo-in-batman-vs-superman.html#~oJVpRup9vRXb7e]

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
No offence to Stan but ain't he getting arrogant for making a bold claim like that (asking the cameo in a DC movie)? I mean sure I always loved his cameo (even after he died, they should hire a look alike to keep his tradition alived) but that does sound really arrogant.
Also big whoop, who was actually suprised by his comfirm cameo in the next Avengers film?

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
Scarim Coral said:
No offence to Stan but ain't he getting arrogant for making a bold claim like that (asking the cameo in a DC movie)? I mean sure I always loved his cameo (even after he died, they should hire a look alike to keep his tradition alived) but that does sound really arrogant.
Also big whoop, who was actually suprised by his comfirm cameo in the next Avengers film?
I think it was meant more of a good-hearted jest than an actual, "I'm so famous you should be begging me" type of statement. I for one would be floored if he appeared in a D.C. movie. And I think he has a point. A lot of people would see the movie just to see that because they wouldn't believe it.

I'm not surprised by this news at all, but I'm curious as to why he wasn't in Days of Future Past. Anyone know anything about that? Or did I completely miss him?

WhiteTigerShiro

Sep 26, 2008
Scarim Coral said:
I think he was saying that with his tongue in his cheek, I don't think he'd honestly expect DC to put him in one of their movies. Mostly I think he was just making a jab at the fact that Marvel's movies have generally been pretty good, while DC struggles to get anything that isn't Batman to work as a movie (and even the Batman movies haven't been without heavy criticism).

Lilani

Sometimes known as CaitieLou
May 27, 2009
Was this ever in question? I think we're a few too many films in to still be unsure of Stan Lee's support of the Avengers films.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Sniper Team 4 said:
I'm not surprised by this news at all, but I'm curious as to why he wasn't in Days of Future Past. Anyone know anything about that? Or did I completely miss him?
You raise a good point (I checked wiki on him and he did not appear in that film at all)! He would of been perfect in that scene with that stadium caretaker/ janitor talking to Magneto.

Hdawger

Jun 8, 2010
If DC could ever pull their heads out of their asses and get a nice Justice League continuity built up like how Marvel did for the Avengers, then a crossover would be great! DC's handling of its movie properties in the last several years though has been extremely disappointing given how great the New 52 launch was, plus how well they've been handling multiple TV shows.

RicoADF

Welcome back Commander
Jun 2, 2009
Scarim Coral said:
I was thinking the same thing, quote an arrogant statement though I'm not a comics fan so I may be the wrong person to judge.

Darks63

Mar 8, 2010
Scarim Coral said:
Sniper Team 4 said:
You raise a good point (I checked wiki on him and he did not appear in that film at all)! He would of been perfect in that scene with that stadium caretaker/ janitor talking to Magneto.
The better question is did he cameo any of the X-men films because if he did I don't remember it.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Scarim Coral said:
It sounded like he was having a bit of fun. I doubt even Stan believes his cameos equal money.

Although, I might actually pay to see Stan in a DC movies, so....

Lilani said:
Was this ever in question? I think we're a few too many films in to still be unsure of Stan Lee's support of the Avengers films.
Maybe the DOFP thing made them wonder? Or they were worried he might die first? I don't know.

Ratty

Jan 21, 2014
And somewhere out there Steve Ditko's frown gets a little bigger lol. This a classic Stan Lee mix of self-deprecation and self-aggrandizing. Reminds me of Lee's lamenting that Batman co-creator Bob Kane was no longer alive when the Spider-Man movie came out in 2001. Since he and Kane had been friends and Kane had rubbed it in Stan's face when the Batman movie was a smash hit in 1989.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
Question: Did you watch Superman v Batman for the engaging story, brilliant special effects and the buildup to a Justice League franchise?
Answer: I saw it to see Stan Lee's cameo.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Darks63 said:
Scarim Coral said:
Sniper Team 4 said:
The better question is did he cameo any of the X-men films because if he did I don't remember it.
He did-

X-men- He was the hotdog seller in that beach scene when the senator came out from the sea.

X-men- He didn't make a cameo in this one.

X-men 3- He was one of the people who lived at Jean grey neighbourhood and his lawn mower lifted in the air thanks to Jean power.

Roganzar

Winter is coming
Jun 13, 2009
008Zulu said:
Question: Did you watch Superman v Batman for the engaging story, brilliant special effects and the buildup to a Justice League franchise?
Answer: I saw it to see Stan Lee's cameo.
Why not give Stan Lee a cameo? So far they've crammed everything else in to the movie.
Next big reveal from Batman v Superman, anything else that isn't Superman or Batman. Or, at least, more grim and moodie shots.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
Roganzar said:
Why not give Stan Lee a cameo? So far they've crammed everything else in to the movie.
Next big reveal from Batman v Superman, anything else that isn't Superman or Batman. Or, at least, more grim and moodie shots.
With all the crap they are shoehorning in to this movie, I doubt there will be more than 5 minutes total time of Superman and Batman.

Roganzar

Winter is coming
Jun 13, 2009
008Zulu said:
Roganzar said:
With all the crap they are shoehorning in to this movie, I doubt there will be more than 5 minutes total time of Superman and Batman.
Well, it'll probably be like 3 hours long so we should get a total of 10 minutes of the title characters.