Reddit User Leaks Destiny Beta Details

Blackwell Stith

See You Space Cowboy ...
Jun 28, 2014
Reddit User Leaks Destiny Beta Details

Bungie teases that the Beta will be "bigger and better than the Alpha".

Reddit user zebruh [http://www.reddit.com/user/zebruh] posted an excerpt from press letters sent to GameStop managers revealing several new details about the upcoming Destiny Beta.

In the excerpt, it is stated that the beta will include four story chapters, four competitive Crucible maps, and a cooperative Strike. "We're really excited - Beta is even bigger and better than the Alpha," claims the letter.

On their website, Bungie has already begun to allow users the chance to select what console and region they wish to play the Beta on- granted they have already entered their codes acquired when they pre-ordered the game.

The Beta will be released on PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4 on July 17, with Xbox 360 and Xbox One players falling in behind on July 23.

Will you be playing the Beta on Playstation or Xbox? Sound off in the comments!

Source: Reddit [http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/2ajrfo/details_on_the_beta_4_story_chapters_d/]

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
I cant escape the feeling that this was leaked on purpose from Bungie or Activision to stoke the hype train.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
I look forward to the endless '10/10' 'perfect' and 'the definitive gaming experience!' reviews that all eventually fall silent when sales plummet and gamers realize its just another repetitive, kinda' boring FPS RPG.

coil

Apr 5, 2007
harrisonmcgiggins said:
SOILER ALERT: Its not a real beta

Prelaunch server stress test that will also judge the demand for it however?

Yes. That.
How is a server stress test not a beta? That's pretty much EXACTLY what a beta is. Beta tests are used so a company can test the scaling of their multiplayer hardware and so they can hopefully find one-in-a-thousand bugs that are just too rare for their (relatively) small team of testers to find.

And considering that beta invites are rewards for preorders, demand has already been measured (because preorders). The beta itself has nothing to do with that, except perhaps to convince people to preorder. But I don't blame Bungie for customers' decisions (personally I rarely preorder games).

Riff Moonraker

Mar 18, 2010
Does anyone know if anything you do in the beta will carry over? Or is it kind of a "stand alone" type of deal?

Artemicion

Need superslick, Kupo.
Dec 7, 2009
Blackwell Stith said:
"We're really excited - Beta is even bigger and better than the Alpha,"
Betas are more expansive than Alphas. In other news, water is wet, gravity is important.

Are people really all up ons about Destiny? I'm a big fan of Bungie but I really can't muster the ability to care a great deal about this title.

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
Maybe I'm imagining things, but I'm pretty sure at least a good portion of this information was already released officially, rendering this "leak" to be, well, even less a big deal than it already would have been.

Just checked the actual bungie website and it already states "If you played the Alpha, there are new revelations for you to enjoy. If the Beta will be your first taste of sweet Destiny action, we have amazing sights for you to behold: Character creation. Story missions. Cooperative Strikes. Competitive Crucible matches. Social engagements. Dance Battles."

So yeah, sure the "leak" gives some numbers but Bungie already stated pretty clearly what content the Beta would have.

Anywho, to answer the question in the OP, I'm going to be playing the Beta on the PS4. Very excited for it.

seditary

Aug 17, 2008
4 story chapters, 4 competitive crucible maps and one cooperative strike sounds like a very lackluster beta.

Shamanic Rhythm

Dec 6, 2009
Silentpony said:
I look forward to the endless '10/10' 'perfect' and 'the definitive gaming experience!' reviews that all eventually fall silent when sales plummet and gamers realize its just another repetitive, kinda' boring FPS RPG.
Pretty much. So far Destiny has been a text book example of a game whose public profile is little more than a feedback loop of hype.

What little information we can actually glean about how the game plays borders from the repetitive to the laughable. On their website they are actually describing the social hub as a 'game mode'. The other 'game modes', FWIW, are basically arena, co-op, campaign and dailys.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
Shamanic Rhythm said:
Pretty much. So far Destiny has been a text book example of a game whose public profile is little more than a feedback loop of hype.

What little information we can actually glean about how the game plays borders from the repetitive to the laughable. On their website they are actually describing the social hub as a 'game mode'. The other 'game modes', FWIW, are basically arena, co-op, campaign and dailys.
I know, right?! The only thing I know about Destiny is that I'm apparently hyped to play it and its a commercial success. Like Watch_Dogs or Titan Fall, this game is being marketed as a game that's already sold well. I half expect the next trailer to being with 'Over 10 Million Copies sold!'
Its almost insulting how up their own asses Bungie is about this. I remember when Reach came out and the trailers showed off the new bells and whistles and a decent story and fun multiplayer. What I've see of Destiny is a bunch of people in offices telling me why I'm SO excited for this game and if I don't like it, well I guess I just don't like nice things.

Arawn

Dec 18, 2003
Doesn't sound like an epic leak, but I guess if they wanted to keep it all a secret anything coming out would be a leak. Still looking forward to the beta.