Halo: The Master Chief Collection Bringing New Life to Halo CE and Halo 2

John Keefer

Devilish Rogue
Aug 12, 2013
Halo: The Master Chief Collection Bringing New Life to Halo CE and Halo 2

It's more than just importing old Xbox code and making sure it works on Xbox One. And you really must see the new cinematics.

Read Full Article

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
*drooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrool*

My god this sounds amazing, looks like ill be getting an Xbox One sooner than Expected!

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
I have to confess this and the thought of it came within inches of convincing me to buy the Xbone.

But where are ODST and Reach?

Not interested without two of the three best Halo games and I've already owned CE three time (Xbox, PC, Anniv).

An Ceannaire

Mar 5, 2012
fix-the-spade said:
I have to confess this and the thought of it came within inches of convincing me to buy the Xbone.

But where are ODST and Reach?

Not interested without two of the three best Halo games and I've already owned CE three time (Xbox, PC, Anniv).
It's the "Master Chief Collection". The Chief wasn't in those two games and nor is their plot relevant to the upcoming Halo 5, so there's no requirement for them to be in the collection.

And believe me, I would love a remastered Reach and ODST (although they need to make the campaign in the latter longer to justify the price).

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
An Ceannaire said:
It's the "Master Chief Collection". The Chief wasn't in those two games and nor is their plot relevant to the upcoming Halo 5, so there's no requirement for them to be in the collection.
It's only the Master Chief collection because some idiot at Microsoft decided not to put the 'non-Chief' games in because 'nobody wants them', Reach in particular is extremely plot relevant, CE kicks off a few days after Reach ends. ODST less so, but it still fits between 2 and 3 quite nicely. Also, Chief is in Reach, just barely.

It's rather typical Microsoft, come up with a good idea (put all of Halo in a box so it can be played end to end without fiddling with multiple pieces of hardware) then thanks to some market research or buzzword decide to only include two thirds of the content, doing nothing to resolve the original problem. I can't help but think that Reach proving ultimately more popular than 4 is somehow embarrassing to Microsoft and they see including it as somehow admitting that Bungie did a better job than 343.

So instead of persuading me to spend £550 buying a console and a games collection they're getting no money at all out of me, which is typically Microsoft too.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Danm! The cinematic scene look so awesome! It make me wonder how the gameplay will fair.

Kerethos

Jun 19, 2013
Scarim Coral said:
Danm! The cinematice scene look so awesome! It make me wonder how the gameplay will fair.
I can't but help feel the same, while also cursing them for using my relatively fresh nostalgia against me like that. Damn you inner child, no new toys until the price is right![footnote]And the available library of games is big enough to justify it.[/footnote]

wulf3n

Mar 12, 2012
While it certainly looks a lot better and I'd be interested in playing them if I ever get an XBone but...

Is anyone else worried the trend this is setting?

Microsoft will have effectively released Halo CE on every one of their consoles. Are we going to end up in a world where each new Console generation is just the old console generation with better graphics?

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
While the audience was thrilled with what they saw, there was still the nagging question of whether Halo will ever make it back to PC. "We get that question quite a bit," Ries said. "Keep asking, but we don't have anything to announce right now."
This is pretty much the face that I had when I read this

Bring it out already. Sure, Halo is what makes the Xbox an Xbox, but PC gamers have been clambering (or at least I have) for years, and I would love it if I could play one of my favourite franchises again without having to shell out £X on a console where I will play a whole 2 games on.

karloss01

Jul 5, 2009
"When I joined the Corps, we didn't have any fancy-schmanzy tanks. We had sticks! Two sticks, and a rock for the whole platoon?and we had to share the rock!"

Wonder if there's a CG for each difficulty mode when you get to pilot the tank. I really liked that some dialogue changed due to difficulty.