Shadow of Mordor Trailer Reveals Who Is Guiding the Hero

Mike Hoffman

In the middle of calibrations...
Sep 25, 2013
Shadow of Mordor Trailer Reveals Who Is Guiding the Hero

Also featured in the new trailer is Gollum, not voiced by Andy Serkis, but [a href="http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1240448/?ref_=tt_cl_t4"]Liam O'Brien[/a] sounds perfect. He has also done the voice of Gollum in Guardians of Middle-earth.

Shadow of Mordor had its release date [a href="http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/136393-Middle-Earth-Shadow-of-Mordor-Releasing-Early"]moved up[/a] a week, possibly to avoid launching on the same day as four other major games. Of course, Dragon Age: Inquisition was [a href="http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/136316-Dragon-Age-Inquisition-Delayed-at-Least-a-Month"]pushed back[/a] over a month, meaning Shadow of Mordor will own the fantasy action RPG spot for PS4 and Xbox One for a little while longer.

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor launches on PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, and Xbox One on September 30th in North America and October 3rd in Europe. The PC and Steam versions will be available on October 2nd.

Kerethos

Jun 19, 2013
Looking forward to see how it reviews, E3 awards are pretty much the gaming industry equivalent of participation awards.

Malbourne

Ari!
Sep 4, 2013
I hope the involvement of Celebrimbor doesn't preempt the ranger's character development. It would be a shame to see a new LotR foray into video games fall flat on its face because it didn't devote enough satisfactory time to the story and world.

Also, kinda embarrassing to see all those "Best of E3" awards. Nice that they're getting the early promotion and set their good foot forward, but it looked like the refrigerator with a bunch of fingerpaintings tacked on. XD

Elfgore

Your friendly local nihilist
Legacy
Dec 6, 2010
This game's story is just getting a massive "meh" from me. The only reason I'm going to buy it is for the gameplay and nemesis system. If it turns out to be fun, I'll pick it up on release.

DalekJaas

Dec 3, 2008
Trailer changed my entire opinion. I am now very interested in playing this game, it feels very lord of the rings-y

elvor0

Sep 8, 2008
Elfgore said:
This game's story is just getting a massive "meh" from me. The only reason I'm going to buy it is for the gameplay and nemesis system. If it turns out to be fun, I'll pick it up on release.
I feel the same way, the story is a huge "fuck you" to the lore, but the gameplay just seems so intriguing. The nemesis system in particular, I know I shouldn't get in on the hype, as I doubt it'll be as dynamic as they say, it's got the Molyneux vibe swimming all over it, but should it get good reviews, I may well pick it up.

It does make me wonder why they didn't create or use a different world to set it in though, then they could go completely mental and not have to worry about any limitations whatsoever.

Elfgore

Your friendly local nihilist
Legacy
Dec 6, 2010
elvor0 said:
Elfgore said:
I feel the same way, the story is a huge "fuck you" to the lore, but the gameplay just seems so intriguing. The nemesis system in particular, I know I shouldn't get in on the hype, as I doubt it'll be as dynamic as they say, it's got the Molyneux vibe swimming all over it, but should it get good reviews, I may well pick it up.

It does make me wonder why they didn't create or use a different world to set it in though, then they could go completely mental and not have to worry about any limitations whatsoever.
What makes it kind of laughable is how hard they seem to be trying to get us LotR nerds to like this, but then they spit on the lore. I'm pretty sure Orcs are corrupted Elves, not everyone is an Orc. The backstory of this elf seems to be doing it too. I agree that they should have made their own fantasy setting, but hey brand recognition is key for games like these.

I also have that vibe from the nemesis system. They even admitted that the PS3 and 360 versions won't be as even close to how complex the PS4/One version is. I bet there is a gap too between those and the PC, but they won't admit that. This game is my early October release, I really hope they don't disappoint me.