SDCC 2014: Guardians of the Galaxy Animated Series Announced

BlameTheWizards

Jun 1, 2009
SDCC 2014: Guardians of the Galaxy Animated Series Announced

No release date has been set yet, but the show will air on Disney XD.

Making excellent use of the fever-pitch hype for the upcoming Guardians of the Galaxy movie, Marvel just announced at Comic-Con that the ragtag band of space heroes will be getting their own animated series. While no release date has been yet confirmed, Marvel did show a one-minute teaser trailer that showed the characters Rocket Raccoon and Skylord. The show will air on Disney XD.

Not much more word was given on the series, which was announced at a panel hosted members of Marvel's various television department, including Marvel TV chief Jeph Loeb and Marvel Animation VP Stephen Wacker. The panel also showed clips from new seasons existing Marvel animated shows such as Avengers Assemble and Hulk and The Agents of S.M.A.S.H., as well as the first showing of upcoming series Marvel's Ultimate Spider-Man: Web Warriors.

Previously announced at Comic-Con from Marvel's TV department were that <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/video-games/conferences/sdcc2014/11985-Classic-Marvel-Characters-Are-Now-Joining-Agents-of-SHIELD>classic Marvel characters would be joining Agents of SHIELD and that all three Captain America movie directors <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/136416-SDCC-2014-All-Three-Captain-America-Directors-Tapped-For-Agent-Carter>will have input on the upcoming Agent Carter TV series.

Source: Deadline Hollywood

[http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/video-games/conferences/sdcc2014]

Dalek Caan

Pro-Dalek, Anti-You
Feb 12, 2011
Sleekit said:
ok i give up, how much is a sub to the Disney channel for the next couple years ?...jees, conquer the whole entertainment industry why don't you Mickey...is there anything of geek note coming out in the next decade not made by Disney ?...
Doctor Who is coming back in August. Does that count?

On topic, without seeing the teaser I'm going to guess that the animation and look for the Guardians will be similar to the ones shown in the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon. Hopefully this will be worth watching, or at the very least watching clips of it on youtube.

Not G. Ivingname

Nov 18, 2009
I wonder if this will be canon with the Marvel cinematic universe or will it cross over with the other Marvel animated series.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
I betting this is just the establist animated one being used already (in Ultimate Spider-man) but getting their own show.

SeeDarkly_Xero

Jan 24, 2014
LazyAza said:
*Starlord

Also awesome, hope this series is as good as EMH and YJ.
Yes, one hopes... but then AA dashed those hopes as much as USM did.
But I'll give it a fair shot. Can't expect as much as the movie is bound to give us... but I'll give it a shot.

Of note where YJ was concerned: YJ's largest audience was female and got shut down primarily because they were missing their target demo for the toys they wanted to sell and could not figure out how or what to sell the actual viewing audience.
Sad... Season 3 looked like it would have been outstanding!

webkilla

Feb 2, 2011
Before the movie airs?

Gutsy - I guess Disney is really expecting this thing to take off.

SilverUchiha

Dec 25, 2008
Here's hoping that this new show is not as garbage as Ultimate Spiderman or Avengers Assemble. Those two shows have been major let downs in lots of ways (in ways not even a should-be-fun Deadpool episode could fix).

So long as they don't make the same mistakes as Ultimate Spiderman (poor attempts at humor, making it about how Spiderman gets along with other heroes instead of just... well... Spiderman, and stealing Deadpool's gimmick) or not make it like Avengers Assembled (ie lackluster animation, voice acting, reducing the roster from the superior Earth's Mightiest Heroes cast, and being generally shit)... it could be great. Fingers-crossed.