Watch 5 Minutes of Simpsons/Family Guy Crossover

MovieBob

Dec 31, 2008
Watch 5 Minutes of Simpsons/Family Guy Crossover

Entertainment Weekly debuts the SDCC trailer for prime-time animation's ultimate crossover online

For 25 seasons, The Simpsons have only ever participated in one official crossover episode (with The Critic.) But this fall, they'll meet up for the first (canonical) time with Family Guy's Griffins for their season premiere. The first sizzle-reel trailer for the episode debuted this afternoon at SDCC, and now Entertainment Weekly has debuted the footage [http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/07/26/simpsons-family-guy-crossover-episode-video/] as an online exclusive.

In the special hour-long episode, The Griffins become sidetracked and find themselves in Springfield, where they make fast friends with The Simpsons based on their obvious similarities. But said similarities threaten to tear Peter and Homer apart when an argument over accusations that Peter's beloved Pawtuckett Patriot beer is nothing but a lesser knock-off of Homer's equally-beloved Duff (Peter: "It may have been 'inspired by' Duff, but I'd like to think it goes in a different direction." - GET IT???) escalates into a citywide brawl. Also glimpsed in the footage: Bart and Stewie have... "different" interpretations of a prank phone-call, and Peter teaches Homer how to do a cutaway gag.

Simpsons Guy Will actually be the first of two crossovers for the iconic animated family - a subsequent November episode of their own series, titled "Simpsorama," will see them encounter the time-traveling cast of Futurama. In addition, August will see the debut of The Simpsons in cable syndication on FXX, beginning with a record-breaking 12-day marathon of all 552 episodes and the launch of the Simpsons World app, which will stream not only full episodes but also clips searchable by character, quote and keyword.

Watch Footage Here: Entertainment Weekly [http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/07/26/simpsons-family-guy-crossover-episode-video/]

[http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/video-games/conferences/sdcc2014]

Covarr

PS Thanks
May 29, 2009
This is embarrassingly good. It shows two things:

[ol][li]The Family Guy writers are capable of far better writing than they usually put out.[/li][li]The Family Guy writers are better at writing for The Simpsons than The Simpsons' own writers are anymore.[/li][/ol]

Seriously, this clip is surprisingly decent, and just goes to show how much better both shows can be. All their respective writers should be ashamed.

P.S. Thanks

Arslan Aladeen

Oct 9, 2012
Why would the Simpsons need to be taught how to do a cutaway gag? They've done those before, and I'm pretty sure the only reason they cut down on them was because of Family Guy.

Mr.Mattress

Level 2 Lumberjack
Jul 17, 2009
So Peter's been working for Duff this whole time? That's actually a good twist. Too bad they'll never go anywhere with it...

... This might be the first New Episode of Family Guy I see since the one where Homer looks for Buried Treasure...

The Hungry Samurai

Hungry for Truth
Apr 1, 2004
I wonder if this will lead to a crossover Event in The Simpsons Tapped Out, and Family Guy Quest for Stuff, so I can have both familys in the wrong apps...

I really need to stop playing with these Skinner Box apps.

Darth Marsden

Sep 12, 2008
Someone popped the footage up on YouTube. No idea how long it'll STAY up, but for the time being...

http://youtu.be/RP00jqTStTg

Kingjackl

Nov 18, 2009
Darth Marsden said:
Someone popped the footage up on YouTube. No idea how long it'll STAY up, but for the time being...

http://youtu.be/RP00jqTStTg
Thanks very much, the article link wasn't working for me.

I laughed, I laughed so hard. All that 'Duff' conversation needed was for Peter to retort "Yeah, well Duff hasn't been good since 1998!" to be completely on the nose. I wonder if 'The Simpsons' staff would have agreed to that. I've stopped watching The Simpsons ages ago (I maintain that with the exception of the most recent future episode, it hasn't been good since the movie), but I reckon this Family Guy crossover has the potential to be some of the funniest stuff from either show in a while.

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
It was tolerable, but still painful. Basic jokes, lacking in execution, bored as hell.

But thanks for sharing any way.

Revnak_v1legacy

Fixed by "Monday"
Mar 28, 2010
Mr.Mattress said:
So Peter's been working for Duff this whole time? That's actually a good twist. Too bad they'll never go anywhere with it...

... This might be the first New Episode of Family Guy I see since the one where Homer looks for Buried Treasure...
Either you are a comedic genius, or you are an unintentional comedic genius. You should be proud.

OT- Looks pretty good. I might watch it. Eventually. If it's on and I have nothing better to watch. Which won't happen since I never watch TV.

Happiness Assassin

Oct 11, 2012
That Bob's Burgers/Cleveland joke was quite good. The rape joke... not so much. Overall it looks like an above average Family Guy episode. May give it a watch.

josemlopes

Jun 9, 2008
The fuck is wrong with the sound design?

I also watched that Lego/Simpsons episode recently and there were a lot of either lacking sound effects or plain terrible ones. The part here where Peter eats the donut or the bus hits the other cars, its terrible.

Blood Brain Barrier

Nov 21, 2011
My idea of TV hell. Two of the worst cartoons I've endured together in the same show. Well, at least they suit each other, what with both being random disconnected joke-machines.

silverbullet1989

Jun 7, 2009
josemlopes said:
The fuck is wrong with the sound design?

I also watched that Lego/Simpsons episode recently and there were a lot of either lacking sound effects or plain terrible ones. The part here where Peter eats the donut or the bus hits the other cars, its terrible.
The sound in this clip wont be final, i know its daft to put out a clip with choppy / poor sound effects but i guess they've not done a sound pass on the final episode yet.

Poetic Nova

Pulvis Et Umbra Sumus
Jan 24, 2012
I'm torn. I can't stand Family Guy (to be more precise Peter) but I like the Simpsons.

Malfy

Jul 16, 2010
It's basically "Family Guy writers put out a Simpsons episode". I liked the Gorge reference and the Cleveland jokes at least, but I'm not looking forward to rest of it. I'm much more excited for that Futurama crossover.

Feb 28, 2008
Much better than I expected, although unsure whether that's because of the selective character of the clips or indicative of the whole episode quality.

PH3NOmenon

Oct 23, 2009
It's weird, the animation and the sound seems somehow.... off...

The Bob's burgers quip was good though.

Triaed

Not Gone Gonzo
Jan 16, 2009
Smilomaniac said:
"This content is currently unavailable". I don't know if that means server stress or if the video is just unavailable to anyone outside the US. I hope you can provide an alternative link :)
Use a little plug-in called "Hola" it changes your location but only for one of your browser tabs, so it is not a full proxy server. Quite handy!

OT: I came here to see what "Peter: 'It may have been 'inspired by' Duff, but I'd like to think it goes in a different direction.' - GET IT???)" quote meant... but I still do NOT get it.

Also, Bob Belcher FTW!

Razhem

Sep 9, 2008
Was crap outside of the referencial joke and Cleveland. The whole "fight" thing just bores me to teeeeears.