Warner Brothers Shows First Batman v Superman Teaser

harpere

May 20, 2014
Warner Brothers Shows First Batman v Superman Teaser

Surprise! Batman and Superman are going to be at odds in Batman v Superman.

Read Full Article

Ruisu

Enjoy the Silence
Jul 11, 2013
Some shots from the teaser have leaked.

SO.MUCH.HYPE.

It's like, Age of Ultron aside, I don't even care what marvel announces now, for real.

(My captcha was summon inglip. Hah, haven't seen that in a while.)

RealRT

Feb 28, 2014
I
AM
IRON BAT
I AM
IRON BAT

I know it came from The Dark Knight Returns, but the eye glow is definitely new to Batman.

Arslan Aladeen

Oct 9, 2012
RealRT said:
I
AM
IRON BAT
I AM
IRON BAT

I know it came from The Dark Knight Returns, but the eye glow is definitely new to Batman.
If your talking about movie-verse Batman, what about the scene at the end of The Dark Knight? http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showatt.php?attachmentid=6492667&stc=1

Spaceman Spiff

Sep 23, 2013
IronBatMan looks hilarious. I can't wait to hear how Batman doesn't just get his ass handed to him by Superman in under a second.

SonOfVoorhees

Aug 3, 2011
Im thinking WW will be in the movie to split up batman and superman. Im guessing they will whole and she will kick both their arses and tell them to join up. lol Also thinking that Lex will be the one that gets them both hating each other as a cover to something he is doing.

Could be wrong.....probably am. :)

But no way in hell can Batman go toe to toe with superman, regardless if he has armour. They cant just add kryptonite, as that would be a cheap shot. An how can Batman do any damage, Superman can take a car to the face and be unfazed. An no way can Batman hit that hard. Just watching Man Of Steel its impossible for Batman to give the same level of power that zod and co did to Superman. I just cant see how they can sell it in a movie. I guess it wont be long till we find out.

tdylan

Jun 17, 2011
Magnethead said:
Surely a few seconds of Superman's heat vision through the mouth, and it's fight over?
This is one of my major issues with Superman: We saw the guy holding up a goddamn oil rig. Well, a pretty big ass piece of it. This guy levels buildings by CASUALLY tossing another guy (Zod) through it. Man of Steel also depicted him as ridiculously fast, dodging fire from A10 warthogs. He also shrugged off being shot by said warthogs quite literally without a scratch on his armor, or hair out of place. The rounds fired by A10s shred tanks. TANKS. And then didn't even scratch superman's costume. Realistically, and they are going "realistic" (as can be) in this universe, WTF can batman and that armor possibly do against the Superman that we saw in Man of Steel? There's no way he's strong enough to go toe to toe with superman, and there's no way he's fast enough to keep up with him. Yet we're supposed to look at that and think "Oh man...it's on now." No, it's not. Not unless this universe finds a way to neuter Superman, which is what they always have to do. There is no way Batman can match the Superman that we got in Man of Steel without some artificial, contrived, plot convenient limitations put in place.

I'm curious to see how Wonder Woman plays out as well ie "are they going to put her physically on par with Superman," and will it be thru "genetics" or "mysticism." If the Rumors about The Rock playing Shazam/Black Adam are true, then DC may not be as timid about introducing the "magic" route as Marvel was with chaulking Thor up to "magic is science we don't yet understand." But back on point, I'm most curious about how they will have these two go toe to toe, if it does come to that. They may go the "Superman has subconsciously started holding back after seeing all the destruction in Metropolis" route, but wouldn't he still do just enough to disable Batman quickly, and effortlessly, before things are allowed to escalate? And wouldn't that make the posturing with the laser eyes no more than a gesture of machismo? So many questions...

Sanunes

Mar 18, 2011
The problem I am seeing with this is they are getting closer and closer to Frank Miller's The Dark Knight Returns and then people are going to go into this movie with expectations from the comics. I can't see that happening either since the animated take that was done a year or so ago did a really good job adapting the comics into two animated movies.

Ruisu

Enjoy the Silence
Jul 11, 2013
Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOd8byxdjwQ#t=43

Hopefully someone else in this thread sees the video before it's taken down. Or not.
Cool music though. Some rough drums there. Love how people cheer when superman shows up.

CommanderL

May 12, 2011
I love superman and I love batman but I just cant find myself caring about this movie

I am so happy the amazing tv universe of arrow and flash is not conected to this trainwrexk

Soulrender95

May 13, 2011
Dc really needs to let go of their Frank Miller/Batman obsession, Man of steel felt like a movie made by people who hated superman for people who hate superman, this looks to be exactly the same again, only with Batman to prove he's better than superman because he's overly obsessed.

at this point I half expect the Justice league movie to be based on "Holy Terror", Dc needs to remember superhero's are supposed to be fun.

RealRT

Feb 28, 2014
Arslan Aladeen said:
RealRT said:
I
AM
IRON BAT
I AM
IRON BAT

If your talking about movie-verse Batman, what about the scene at the end of The Dark Knight? http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showatt.php?attachmentid=6492667&stc=1
By God this looks goofy.

croc3629

Mar 20, 2011
I am really, really hoping that they're just leading us on with that teaser and that there's no actual physical confrontation between the two. There are other forms of conflict they can have without trying to make us actually believe Batman, in any way, shape or form, stands a chance, even if Superman is handling him with metaphorical kids' gloves.

Heck, I didn't even buy it in The Dark Knight Returns. I pretty much hated what was done to Superman in that comic, and hope that none of it makes it into the movie.

SonOfVoorhees

Aug 3, 2011
Footage is still around, though quality sucks. No context really, just glowing eyes all round. Still doesnt make me excited for the movie. Need a proper trailer for that. Thought the dark look is great for batman.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x228ml4_batman-v-superman-official-first-look-teaser-trailer-2014-leaked-sdcc_shortfilms

Edit. Its gone from there as well. Funny that a movie with so much bad press would hate for their footage to be released to the public.

Aiddon_v1legacy

Nov 19, 2009
video has come up; yeah, that's definitely the Batman power suit from The Dark Knight Returns. It'll be interesting to see where this goes considering they haven't revealed THAT much about the plot. Of course I also really wonder what Wonder Woman is going to be like because she start adding magic into the whole universe.

Lethos

Dec 9, 2010
I swear I'm one of like 10 people who are looking forward to this movie. Probably helps that I liked MoS as well.

Though sometimes I feel like Marvel could poo on someone's face and Movie Bob and half the people on this site would still sing them praises. Meanwhile everything DC does is terribad.