Tekken X Street Fighter is Still in Development

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Tekken X Street Fighter is Still in Development

"It hasn't been canceled, so please relax," said Tekken X Street Fighter producer Katsuhiro Harada.

Read Full Article

Khymerion

Apr 10, 2012
Would an acceptable answer to the question of 'Do we still want it to be?' be an enthusiastic shoulder shrug and a meh sound? I think that would be about right.

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
I found it noteworthy that the comments this time were so focused on timing. Previously when questions about the game were raised they were usually answered by talking about design and implementation. Now maybe they're at the point where the conceptual stuff has been totally figured out.

Kyber said:
Am I the only one who's excited about this? That's depressing...
Hey, at least you're not alone! I'm excited too. :)

Actually, I'm more interested to just see what it's going to be like. It was pretty easy to guess what putting Tekken characters into Street Fighter would work like given that Capcom's 2D fighters have always had projectile-less fighters and chain combos were fairly common too. SF characters in Tekken, however? That's something that really gets me thinking as it would mean a total fundamental shift for either the Tekken game engine or the way the SF characters operate.

ExtraDebit

Jul 16, 2011
It'll be interesting to see how they balance out the street fighters in a tekken environment alone, hurricane kicks and hadokens in a tekken seems overpowering. Maybe they'll give it a slow charge like devil Jin's eye beam.

I'd love to see Ryu do a 10hit combo though and I always wanted to play street fighter with tekken mechanics.

hickwarrior

a samurai... devil summoner?
Nov 7, 2007
Scarim Coral said:
There's a sequel in the make despite the game itself was bombed?
Yea, I remember this being made together streetfighterXtekken. It was a joint production from what I remember. Well, somewhat.