64: Guitar Heroics

The Escapist Staff

Jul 10, 2006
"The day I spent $250 to play one game started like any other in our office. I had been reading through some industry news, and at least two cups of coffee were running through my veins. It was a good day. Until the box arrived. Stamped with Amazon.com on the side, I first believed the box contained nothing more than books for the IT Department. What we didn't know was the code monkeys knew how to rock."
Guitar Heroics

Sep 26, 2006
It comforts me to know that there is someone else out there who bought a PS2 for the sole purpose of rocking. They all thought I was crazy, they said there were other games out there...but it didn't matter to me. I had no aspirations to roll the universe into a ball, destroy ancient Chinese armies, or hit my opponents in the nads repeatedly with a polearm or pike. My PS2 isn't a game console so much as it is a guitar simulator. When Guitar Hero 2 hits, my friends and I will most likely go missing for several days until our wrists start to deform into immobile claws.

For anyone who can't wait until the release date in the NYC area, I hear Red Octane is going to be at the digital life convention (http://digitallife.com/) 10/12-10/15. If you use the source code ZDFRIEND you can sign up for free tickets (http://www.digitallife.com/tickets.html)

That's about it.

For those about to rock, I salute you.

Russ Pitts

The Boss of You
May 1, 2006
I also bought a PS2 to rock. Actually, it was bought for me, but it was bought for me so that I could rock. Thanks, Rebecca. /fingergun

Ajar

Aug 21, 2006
A heartwarming tale!

I think everyone who posts to this thread about Guitar Hero should share their band name. Mine's The Pinko Commies. :D

Shannon Drake

Jul 11, 2006
Suicide Kings and Joe's Flying Car here.

And yea, I was along on our epic expedition to EBGames, because I bought it, too. Fortunately, I already had a PS2.

razor

Mar 3, 2004
Juggernaut. So far, no OPM's sighted, but maybe by Friday, for a weekend of 4 song demo goodness.

Joe

Jul 7, 2006
zackola, I was thinking of naming my next band Mybunghole, true to Oregon Trail form.

I see we're on the same wavelength. This is good.

Goofonian

Jul 14, 2006
Fletcher said:
I also bought a PS2 to rock. Actually, it was bought for me, but it was bought for me so that I could rock. Thanks, Rebecca. /fingergun
First time since i've been reading/listening to fletcher's work that "girlfriend" has been given a name. :p

Add me to the list of lemmings who purchased a PS2 purely for GH. I'm glad I did though, cos my pile of PS2 games is now about a dozen high and there are some fantastic games there.

band name: Shaggy

rlemm [deprecated]

Sep 27, 2006
So, ya finally picked up the ole Axe. I still remember the days in the barracks pickin out Jack Ward's "Bombers can open Bombays". I guess there's a little music left in both of us. As you are, I am also passing the torch to the next gen. They'll be better. Of course, that's the whole idea....

Oct 2, 2006
JR, I hate to break this to you, but it wasn't Def Leppard, it was Neil Young who first said "It's better to burn out than fade away", at least in a rock song - "My My, Hey Hey (Out Of The Blue)". They stole the expression from him.

Yours for a more pedantic world... :)

Russ Pitts

The Boss of You
May 1, 2006
Hmm. Well at least it was Def Leppard who first said "Gunter glieben glauchen globen."

Or was that Nietzsche?