A Song of Ice and Fire Roleplaying Returns to Print

MarlaDesat

Aug 22, 2013
A Song of Ice and Fire Roleplaying Returns to Print

The core rulebook from Green Ronin Publishing will return to print, and new supplements are on the way.

Westeros is a dangerous place to be a noble. Or a knight. Or a peasant, really, let's be honest. George R.R. Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire series is a cutthroat world of mystery, intrigue, backstabbing and all-out war, and Green Ronin Publishing brings all of that to the table with the offical RPG adaptation. A Song of Ice and Fire Roleplaying has been out of print for months, but Green Ronin announced [http://greenronin.com/2014/07/a_song_of_ice_and_fire_rolepla_2.php] July 30 that the publisher has finally extended its license with George R.R. Martin. With the new agreement, the core rulebook is going back to the print. The second printing of A Song of Ice and Fire Roleplaying: A Game of Thrones Edition releases on August 4.

Green Ronin also announced the next supplement for A Song of Ice and Fire Roleplaying. Due out in early 2015, Dragon's Hoard is a 160-page adventure for the RPG. Judging by the family crest featured on the cover, the adventure will involve the Targaryen noble family, former rulers of the Seven Kingdoms. Currently available from Green Ronin is the adventure Peril at King's Landing, and sourcebooks for building new noble houses or playing men of the Night's Watch.

Green Ronin has published a free Fate Core [http://grfiles.game-host.org/gr_files/SiF_Fastplay.pdf] and other Fate games.

Source: Green Ronin Publishing [http://greenronin.com/2014/07/a_song_of_ice_and_fire_rolepla_2.php]

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
I got the free quickstart rules a while back from I think the free RPG day downloads at Drivethru RPG. While some parts were interesting, I wasn't overall enthused by the system. I suppose if you're really dying to have a game based around ASOIAF, it's cool. I just couldn't see buying this.

thehorror2

Jan 25, 2010
Zachary Amaranth said:
I got the free quickstart rules a while back from I think the free RPG day downloads at Drivethru RPG. While some parts were interesting, I wasn't overall enthused by the system. I suppose if you're really dying to have a game based around ASOIAF, it's cool. I just couldn't see buying this.
YMMV, but I ran the Peril at King's Landing adventure from the back of the core book and my group absolutely LOVED it. The adventure from the quick-start guide doesn't remotely do the system justice; the full game has mechanics for creating and running noble houses, allowing players to play cooperatively as members of the same house, or playing opposing houses against each other like a giant game of diplomacy. (And noble house statistics fuel a simple random event generator that a clever GM could use to kickstart a long-term campaign.

[/shill]

SacremPyrobolum

Dec 11, 2010
Man, the Targaryans are such a badass house, if only they were still around so we could see some more of that old Valariyan culture inspiring their armor and such.

Nurb

Cynical bastard
Dec 9, 2008
I don't see the appeal to roleplay in this universe really, seems too grim.

Nikolaz72

This place still alive?
Apr 23, 2009
Asclepion said:
Nurb said:
I don't see the appeal to roleplay in this universe really, seems too grim.
You should probably avoid Dark Heresy.
All Dark Heresy I've played have ended up being downright comedic. I mean seriously, don't tell me with that insanity/injures system it was meant to be taken seriously. It's HILARIOUS.