8 Amazing Games That Have Gone Unappreciated

DrStrangelove

Apr 10, 2008
8 Amazing Games That Have Gone Unappreciated

Some games are amazing, but they just don't resonate with an audience upon its release. Well today we look back on those overlooked gems that really deserve a second chance at an audience. Do yourself a favor and, if you haven't already, try your hand at a game or two.

Read Full Article

RealRT

Feb 28, 2014
Ah, f-fuck. Now I want to reinstall Singularity and play it again even though I already have a lot of great games installed.

Also, 2006's The Blackwell Legacy, the first game in the Blackwell series, have a redhead medium girl and a ghost in a fedora helping other ghosts move on and investigating their deaths. Murdered had a lot of inspirations.

So... A nice list there. I'd like another one like that.

TiberiusEsuriens

Jun 24, 2010
No love for the completely ignored rocket-boot-propelled, bullet hell, robotic, explosion filled Vanquish? The game is absolutely astounding, but the sequel was canned due to the original releasing the same time as Fallout: New Vegas (suggestion: don't release a game same time as Bethesda. Yours will not do well).

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
I think, at this point, Spec Ops: The Line is no longer 'allowed' to be on lists like this.

I'm not even a big shooter fan, and I'VE played the game!

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
I second the recommendation for Spec Ops: The Line. Let's just say... it's an interesting take on the FPS genre. That being said, it's a game you'd probably only want to play through once.

...Just... trust me on this one.

COMaestro

Vae Victis!
May 24, 2010
Tanis said:
I think, at this point, Spec Ops: The Line is no longer 'allowed' to be on lists like this.

I'm not even a big shooter fan, and I'VE played the game!
I agree. It may have been unappreciated when it was first released, but many people have played it since then, a majority of which consider it a masterpiece in its own way. Definitely shouldn't be on lists like this.

Gizmo1990

Insert funny title here
Oct 19, 2010
I agree with most of the list but Lost Odyssey and Valkyria Chronicals really should have made it onto the list.

Chimpzy_v1legacy

Warning! Contains bananas!
Jun 21, 2009
Gizmo1990 said:
I agree with most of the list but Lost Odyssey and Valkyria Chronicals really should have made it onto the list.
I agree Valkyria Chronicles should've got way more attention than it did, though I'd say it has become more of a cult favorite.

I mean, it is guaranteed to get multiple enthusiastic mentions every time someone asks for PS3 recommendations. Most of the games on the list don't receive that kind of acclaim.

EiMitch

Nov 20, 2013
A GBA title that didn't get the love it deserved was Drill Dozer. a.k.a. Screw Breaker: Goushin Dorirurero (JP) Being released so close to the end of GBA's lifespan might've had something to do with it. But it was a unique 2d action/puzzle game and it was a pure joy to play through. The simple yet effective gameplay mechanics were the same throughout, except for the first part of a jail-break level and the final fight. Granted, the conceit of having to find the same upgrades to your gears in every level sounds repetitive, but good level designs kept it from feeling that way.

This game didn't deserve to slip under the radar.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
No i think Asuras Wrath had the problem of not having any difficulty or gamplay to even speak of. Jim knows.
As for Earth defense force....errr...wha?? Is that a joke?

Id like to add State of Decay to this list though.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
RealRT said:
Ah, f-fuck. Now I want to reinstall Singularity and play it again even though I already have a lot of great games installed.

Also, 2006's The Blackwell Legacy, the first game in the Blackwell series, have a redhead medium girl and a ghost in a fedora helping other ghosts move on and investigating their deaths. Murdered had a lot of inspirations.

That's what I thought when I saw the Murdered review.

Though the blackwell series as a whole should count as one entry, partly because most of the games are only 2-3 hours long. Though they work very nicely as chapters in a whole as well as standalone games.

RealRT

Feb 28, 2014
Dalisclock said:
RealRT said:

That's what I thought when I saw the Murdered review.

Though the blackwell series as a whole should count as one entry, partly because most of the games are only 2-3 hours long. Though they work very nicely as chapters in a whole as well as standalone games.
Well there are significant changes from Legacy and the graphics get better, even if they stay in low res.