8 of the Best Movies from Studio Ghibli

DrStrangelove

Apr 10, 2008
8 of the Best Movies from Studio Ghibli

With the announcement that Studio Ghibli is going to cease production on feature films we take a look back at eight of the best films that they produced. So get ready for some serious magical realism, their world is not what you think it is.

Read Full Article

Ishigami

Sep 1, 2011
Princess Mononoke brings back memories. Not so much of the movie itself but the trip to the movies.
It was published by Disney here and Disney got the bad habit to ?want? no age limits on their animations. So they got no age limit on Princess Mononoke? I don?t know who got bribed there but oh boy was that a nice show for me.
The movie was only shown in the afternoon show and only in very few theaters due to the low popularity after all. Anyway I was sitting there with a friend and all the parents with their little kids were like: ?What are these creeps doing in a kids movie??
Then the movie started and after some time we were almost alone in the theater.
I guess a boy riding a deer dismembering other people isn?t as kids friendly as they though.

ryukage_sama

Mar 12, 2009
Why the heck is Nausicaa not on the list?

Laputa is definitely my favorite on the films. I need to go back and watch some of them again. It's been almost 10 years since I last saw Princess Mononoke.

Jorpho

Nov 6, 2008
ElektroNeko said:
Because it's technically not a Studio Ghibli film. It was produced by the predecessor of Studio Ghilbi: Topcraft, right before it was bought out and renamed Studio Ghibli.
I guess the same goes for Castle of Cagliostro. (Sensational, that one. Everyone should see it.)

The Wind Rises is a fictionalized biography of a very talented Japanese designer. You will get to see what made the man that designed some of the best aircraft Japan used in WWII.
Whatever else might be said about the film, it is apparently so fictionalized as to have practically nothing to do with whatever "made the man".

Also, for $deity's sake, LEARN HOW TO ENGLISH, Mr. Dievendorf! If you like I will personally take two minutes every day to correct your abysmal sentence structure in whatever you happen to be spewing. For free.