It's Shark Week, Which Means Your TV Is Full of Sharky Goodness

harpere

May 20, 2014
It's Shark Week, Which Means Your TV Is Full of Sharky Goodness

Discovery Channel's Shark Week is upon us once again: here's what there is to watch.

Moviemakers have known for years that the best entertainment is fictional, but Discovery Channel is really only just getting into the game with a shark-centric programming [http://www.discovery.com/tv-shows/shark-week/] this week. Here's what's on deck (all times in Eastern):

Sharkzilla, Monday 4PM
Shark of Darkness: Wrath of Submarine, Monday 5PM, Sunday 8PM
Air Jaws: Fin of Fury, Monday 7PM, Wednesday 4PM
Great White Serial Killer, Monday 8PM, Friday 5PM
Jaws Strikes Back, Monday 9PM, Tuesday 7PM, Friday 6PM, Saturday 4PM
Monster Hammerhead, Monday 10PM, Tuesday 8PM, Saturday 7PM
Adrift: 47 Days with Sharks, Tuesday 4PM
Return of Jaws, Tuesday 5PM
I Escaped Jaws, Tuesday 6PM, Thursday 4PM
Alien Sharks: Return To The Abyss, Tuesday 9PM, Wednesday 7PM, Saturday 5PM
Lair of The Mega Shark, Tuesday 10PM, Wednesday 8PM, Saturday 6PM
Voodoo Sharks, Wednesday 5PM
Alien Sharks, Wednesday 6PM
Zombie Sharks, Wednesday 9PM, Thursday 8PM, Sunday 5PM
Spawn of Jaws: The Birth, Wednesday 10PM, Thursday 7PM
Great White Gauntlet, Thursday 5PM
Sharkpocalypse, Thursday 6PM
I Escaped Jaws II, Thursday 9PM, Friday 7PM
Sharkageddon, Thursday 10PM, Saturday 8PM, Sunday 4PM
Megalodon: The Extended Cut, Friday 8PM
Megalodon: The New Evidence, Friday 10PM, Sunday 7PM
Great White Matrix, Saturday 9PM, Saturday 11PM, Sunday 6PM
Sharksanity, Saturday 10PM

With titles like this you should expect just as much science fiction as actual science -- Discovery has taken flack in the past for using psuedoscience to boost ratings [http://io9.com/heres-how-shark-week-wrecked-shark-science-1137942516], and this year is likely to be no different -- but if you're just in Shark Week for the B-movie glory of it, this lineup has you covered. Set your DVRs now!

Source: Discovery Channel [http://www.discovery.com/tv-shows/shark-week/]

Theminimanx

Positively Insane
Mar 14, 2011

Honestly, this probably only applies to the American Discovery channel anway, so I really don't see a reason to care.

Vanished

Jul 5, 2014
Enjoying today's showing much more than the other night. Each time I flipped to Discovery there was either some guy eating whole fruit, someone talking about a cop comedy or a guy making bad jokes in a shark costume. Today, actual shark stories and info, which is the whole reason I was tuning in.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Wait? The Discovery channel actually show movies or is this a US thing only?

Xan Krieger

Completely insane
Feb 11, 2009
It's like a continuation of the sci-fi channel's shark week, more absurd fictional stories about sharks. Personally I like it, it's so dumb it's smart.

Rylot

May 14, 2010
Oh good, they're airing that god awful Megalodon ""Documentary"" again with two different versions! I honestly can't tell which of these shows are supposed to be factual based and which are terrible low budget "Ironically" made B movies. Anyone else remember when Shark Week had shows about sharks? With this, The History channel having long since dropped anything related to history and the absolute shit that TLC has become I'm not sure cable is worth it any more.

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
I love the shark jokes on twitter, also how much shark, sounds like shart. #shartweek

Krat Arona

Jul 12, 2010
Rylot said:
Oh good, they're airing that god awful Megalodon ""Documentary"" again with two different versions! I honestly can't tell which of these shows are supposed to be factual based and which are terrible low budget "Ironically" made B movies. Anyone else remember when Shark Week had shows about sharks? With this, The History channel having long since dropped anything related to history and the absolute shit that TLC has become I'm not sure cable is worth it any more.
If that pissed you off then don't watch the one about the "30 Foot Great White, Submarine". We may as well be watching SyFy with the level of garbage Discovery is trying to pass off as fact.

Rylot

May 14, 2010
Krat Arona said:
Rylot said:
If that pissed you off then don't watch the one about the "30 Foot Great White, Submarine". We may as well be watching SyFy with the level of garbage Discovery is trying to pass off as fact.
That's what I don't get about these things. Aren't sharks cool enough without all the stupid bullshit? They're one animal I find endlessly fascinating and want to find more facts about, not this stupid shit.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
What do sharks jump when they themselves are the sharks one normally jumps?

Flutterguy

Jun 26, 2011
Cool. Something else I can pretend I watch when people talk to me.

I haven't left the house since world cup...

Oh joy! Robin Williams dead too!! So many future conversations I can have. Oh gracious day!